Options

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    <><><><><><> Spreadsheet to here <><><><><><><><><>
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    @Artiepuppy16 - Welcome to the thread. You have no Idea how great it is to see someone join in Late October and want to be 198 (or lower by January) - This is realistic and sustainable - congratulations.
    And you are on the spreadsheet now.

@czechwolf52 - Great job - I looked at your progression on the spreadsheet and it is steady and looking great - Wonderful job!

@kmessinger14 - Great progress - Very good observation. I figured on just keeping a long thread so that people would not have to hunt for the next thread. Great job! :-)

@rowbubble - Welcome - Great to see you here :-)

@roxiwoowoo- Good job - sorry to hear about the foot pain.

@sunflowerhippi - Welcome to the group - great to have you here :-) (Love the username by the way :-) - It is very "happy" ) and you are on the spreadsheet

@tootchute - Congratulations - slow and steady and you are doing it!

My start weight in Sept was 187.4
    Goal weight for Jan is 179.4
    Ult Goal weight is 152
    hit 183.4 today which is my lowest weight of 2013 !

what is most encouraging is that I am learning to "trust the process" of all this. I am not kidding.. I had three red days of -1844, -1678, -1988 last week. I did not panic and just "got back on the horse", started my workouts, and ate between my BMR and TDEE. And now look... lowest weight in 2013!
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @chevy_smart: congrats! I fell of the bandwagon for 4 days so I know how hard it can be when you think you've 'failed'. Thanks so much for your dedication to this thread, I love the green day group, because I can eat within my calorie intake...but I have never done it for more than 3 days in a row (I kid you not), so my yo-yo weight is well-deserved. I'm trying out a new strategy, cooking all my food for the next day at once in a slow cooker, to encourage myself to ea healthy home-cooked food.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @chevy_smart: congrats! I fell of the bandwagon for 4 days so I know how hard it can be when you think you've 'failed'. Thanks so much for your dedication to this thread, I love the green day group, because I can eat within my calorie intake...but I have never done it for more than 3 days in a row (I kid you not), so my yo-yo weight is well-deserved. I'm trying out a new strategy, cooking all my food for the next day at once in a slow cooker, to encourage myself to ea healthy home-cooked food.

Thanks so much and it is great that you have joined the group. You will find it really fun and really supportive - In a few days I will be going through all the new members and getting them on the spreadsheet.

What is the coolest thing about the group is that we don't consider a "red" day a failure... it is just part of life. We just want more green than red :-)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    New NSV(s) today: I decide to run for a little bit a lunch to see how long I could run at 5.0 mph. I got going and I felt pretty good after one mile and I started thinking about the Movie Forrest Gump for some odd reason. I said.. OK let's see how long I can keep this up. Well.. I ended up running a 5K in 36:53.

This means I 1.) Ran My fastest 5K - nobody there to hand me water LOL , 2.) Ran for the most consecutive minutes at 5.0 mph, and 3.) Am finally figuring out that rest days are just as important as workout days! - I had a "walkabout" last week, I just "accepted" it, didn't beat myself up, and now I have more energy than ever! In addition to resting 1 day a week, I am going to make sure that I just chill for 3-4 days every five weeks to get my groove back. ---

You know what the best thing about all this is... I find myself working out just because I think it is fun! - Carpe Diem Friends! Carpe Diem!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    That great Chevy_Smart. Congrats on the new PB :drinker:

And rest days are important - they give your body a chance to heal and recharge :bigsmile:

I'm down another 0.8lbs this week - I'm going to up my daily calories by 50 and see how that works. The oss is great - but I'm still really aiming for the slower 0.5lbs a week - lol, never happy :wink:

Checking in:

SW 146

GW 138

CW 142.2

Lost 0.8

Waist is 29.5"

Have a great week everyone :drinker:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No change this week - which is good considering my 3 red days over the weekend. Ugh..........

CW 163.6
    GW 160

I'm sure the increased exercise helped with that though. Today is a rest day for me after 5 straight days of cardio because I am sure my body is just in shock right now, LOL!!

Congrats to all! :drinker:
  • WorkingOutInPA
    WorkingOutInPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

CW: 175.8
    GW (For New Year): 172
    UGW: 135

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! :smile:
  • BIH92
    BIH92 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good job folks!! :) I hate running here in upstate NY its getting cold. :(((
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'd love to join you!

I've been on MFP for over a month, and have lost....nothing. My ticker shows a 1lb loss, but that was yesterday's weight, lol. Today it has bounced back up to my SW, but I haven't entered it because I'm hoping that was due to some soy sauce.

I have absolutely no interest in being hungry, and I want to eat as many calories as I possibly can! I lost 20 lbs about 4 years ago in a sustainable way, sticking at about 1700 cals, and I know it really was sustainable because I kept it off without even trying after I stopped counting calories. But I do really want to lose the rest of it so here I am. Anyway, after a month of not really even limiting my intake too much, I'm finally committing to TRYING to keep somewhere near my MFP calorie goal. It sure would be nice to lose 2lbs a month.

The good news is that I've been doing great with the exercise since being on MFP, so that's been a big bonus for my health. :)

Previous HW: 192
    MFP SW: 173
    CW: 173
    GW: 140
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Holding steady at 119 for the week :).
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Can someone please let me know how to bookmark a thread ?

Thanks.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Hi there!

in Chrome there is a little star in the top right hand corner that says book mark this page.
    Or you can go to the main menu of chrome and there are bookmarks

In IE - they call them favorites - click on the Star in IE.

In MFP - Under Message Boards My Topics you will see the top 20 topics you have replied to or created. The danger here is that threads can be bumped off.
    Can someone please let me know how to bookmark a thread ?

Thanks.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Hi - a bit behind on the spreadsheet updating... thanks for your patience :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • kak4z
    kak4z Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

SW =154
    CW=152
    GW=145
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    SW: 198
    CW: 198
    MGW: 188 (by Thanksgiving)
    UGW: 115

Ok...here it goes!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <><><><><><><><>
    Spreadsheet up to here
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
    <><><><><><><><>

@Bumblebee3441

@Iron_Feline - Thanks for the props - I hear you about the rest days.
    Great job on the loss. On the spreadsheet your numbers are going gradually down like clockword - slow and steady!

@kak4z - welcome!

@lovingmyselfagain - holding steady is great! - keep up the good work!

@rhon116037 - You are doing great! Well we are both in the "three consecutive red days club" - But it doesn't matter :-) - It all averages out in the end!

@sara456 - Love to hear it when people say they don't want to go hungry. That is why I work out so I have freedom to eat. slow and steady - welcome!

@workingoutinpa - Great change - you are doing well.. the spreadsheet looks good! Keep up the good work!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Everybody is doing so well... have a great weekend!

SW: 178
    CW: 138
    GW: 130, more or less

Another pound down this week... that makes 2 for October, yay!
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know how it happened but,

CW: 140.8,

And the past week has been the worst eating days since I started!
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    SW: 149
    Group SW: 125.8
    CW: 121
    GW: 118

Woo! Couldn't weigh in for a bit (TOM :( ) so that's 1.6 lbs lost in just under two weeks. I was
    Losing pretty fast before so I recently upped my calories. 0.8 per week is still a little fast so I may up more. So far I feel good at this level though. Only 3 lbs to go! And over two months left to reach it :)
  • fishergal5
    fishergal5 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

This looks like a great thread and group! I'd love to join. My CW and SW is 192, my NYD goal is 188, my GW Is 160 and my UGW is 150.