Do your old pictures disgust you!?

Options
124»

Replies

• bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No disgust. Sadness mostly because i remember how unhappy i was. i remember feeling uncomfortable walking into a room. But more than anything, i just feel proud of how far ive come.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    They don't disgust me, more of freak me out and sometimes they upset me because I remember how sad and alone I felt inside.. especially the one in my photos on my profile I just remember how depressed I felt during that time of my life.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nope. They encourage me to get back to where I was, physically.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Yes. I can't believe I let myself gain that much weight and I cringe to look at those pics. Now that I've lost a lot of the weight, I am happier but still need to lose a bit more and tone up. No excuses anymore for this girl, I am getting off my *kitten* and THAT is what's getting it done!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Yes and no.

Sure, I hate seeing old photos of me at my heaviest, but I carry a picture with me in my gym booklet for motivational purposes. Sometimes when I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything, I just take a look at it and feel a lot better about the journey.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No.
    I was kinda fat but my boobs were awesome.
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Not at all. When I look at that woman who weighed almost 350 lbs I feel so much respect. SHE is the one who started this and committed to it, not me. I'm fit, I'm healthy. I love to work out and exercise. I like healthy food and I've learned so many ways to meet my emotional needs with things other than food. She didn't have any of that. She hurt all the time. She was scared, embarrassed and had NO IDEA she'd learn to love exerting herself and sweating and going all out. But she still did it. She stepped out and started the process with NONE of the advantages that I have now. I feel nothing but love and respect.

Amazing response.

I read another response about how the person in the old pictures didn't fit the self image... I'm combo of these two responses. I have a lot of respect for the fat girl suffering from depression, anxiety and Binge Eating Disorder that forced herself out of bed early to workout, planned meals she wasn't excited about and forced herself to drive different routes to work to avoid certain fast food chains.
    Also, my old pictures, as well as my now pictures don't display what my self image is. Not yet. I've been at a bit of a stand-still for about 3 months and it's easy to get discouraged. But looking at my old pictures helps to remind me why I'm working this hard and makes me feel really good about how I look now!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So I am looking through my pictures I took Jan 2012, October 2012, April 2013, and then again last night. I put them all side by side. I agree that I have come along way, but when I see the pictures from Jan 2012 I am disgusted by myself. Anyone else feel the same way.

Don't get me wrong I am so happy at my accomplishments and I have lots further to go, but it really makes me sick!! :(

No, I don't disgust me. My physical form isn't tied to my sense of self worth.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Not at all. When I look at that woman who weighed almost 350 lbs I feel so much respect. SHE is the one who started this and committed to it, not me. I'm fit, I'm healthy. I love to work out and exercise. I like healthy food and I've learned so many ways to meet my emotional needs with things other than food. She didn't have any of that. She hurt all the time. She was scared, embarrassed and had NO IDEA she'd learn to love exerting herself and sweating and going all out. But she still did it. She stepped out and started the process with NONE of the advantages that I have now. I feel nothing but love and respect.

I love this response also. :) And as I read these maybe discuss is a strong word for what I truly feel. Thanks for all the honesty here today!! :)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do. I can only think about how hideous I looked - I don't even like looking at them, even though it's also motivating...