Replies

• eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    alcohol
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dairy and gluten, mostly. Although they were both accidentally, doctor and I thought I had an intolerance to them, so I stopped eating them as often. I lost a lot of weight just by only eating bread maybe twice a weak.

that's all you eat?? :wink:
    I should try THAT, too!

Wouldn't that be wonderful!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    alcohol

Whomp ... I just cant do it!
  • KingaS1982
    Options
    I don't eat after 7 pm. Candy bars and fast food. No pops
  • baconandwaffles
    Options
    Caffeine.
    Sleeping past 5 a.m.
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Empty calories! You have any idea how many calories are in flavoured coffee drinks and cocktails? I didn't.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    portions, barbeque, ice cream
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not a thing..... really..... all things are permissable to me, but not all are beneficial. So the thing that I gave up is the idea that certain foods were forbiden because they were bad or even making me fat. If I want a big greasy order of fries, I am going to get it. But I have found that my desire for "bad foods", or the ones with little to no nutritional value, has changed.

For instance, meat is not on my "bad list"..... but I'm just not that interested in meat right now. I am bordering with vegeterian and it's just a preference thing.....go figure.
  • OneThrone
    OneThrone Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that I "gave up" anything, however I have cut back on many things, such as diet soda, large portions, overeating of carbs per meal (I try to stick to 35 or fewer per meal and 15 or less for a snack - No more than 100 per day total). I try to exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more. I cut out taking the elevator unless absolutely necessary. I gave up driving if the place I needed to go was reasonable enough for me to walk to. I also have started taking a multiple vitamin, and trying to sleep more. I'm still working on getting the water in. But if I could pick one thing that has really made a difference, I have stopped eating too many calories and carbs per meal.
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    Pretty much anything sweet other than diet coke or fruit
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Restaurants. I cook about 95% of everything I eat. Thank god I love my kitchen, right? haha

Really helps me stay on track when I am in total control of my meals. Plus I'm discovering tons of delicious new recipes!
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I eat most things I want in moderation but I have pretty much given up full sugar drinks apart from occasionally fresh juice and beer. I don't feel satisfied drinking my calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    More calories so I could eat less. No general food, just calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Excuses
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    french fries - I still eat out a fair amount (if we are friends you know I'm a chickfila *kitten*) but if there is one food I did consistently cut out its french fries

for the most part I cut nothing else out - I still eat whatever most of the times - just work out a lot
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    All I gave up was being lazy, I eat more on a diet than I did before I started but I exercise daily!

I sometimes think I do too, though I wasn't tracking before or while I was losing. But I think I eat more now to maintain. But I do miss lazy. I suppose I appreciate the lazy times more now, though.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I gave up my lack of self control and "I can't do it" attitude. My lack of self control and laziness is why i got fat....not food.
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Gave up most soda (used to drink a lot of Mt Dew), cut that back to one a week or so. That, and most fast-food. I think I've had it maybe twice in the last month? If even that much. It's not that I couldn't probably still eat it and be ok in moderation. But I can honestly say my body feels better without all that stuff in it, and I don't miss it or crave it these days. And the last time I DID have it, I know my stomach growled at me the next morning, as if to say "You know that wasn't healthy, right?"
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    All of my excuses
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Nothing really... just eat less of everything and not as often as I used to have those sweets, sodas, etc. :)