October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Tack on another 12 miles. 337 total. I think my legs are starting to rebel.

My knees are definitely starting to rebel, I feel your pain!

+10.3 on the bike and a walk around the block at work yesterday.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Options
    Went to see the physio yesterday about my recurring right leg injuries. The good news is that it would appear that both legs are the same length. My hips also seem to be aligned OK. But I might have a shoulder problem that gives me a rolling gait when I run. Further appointments may provide clarity. At least the process has started.
    More good news is that I can run on the "dreadmill", but NO road running for the time being.
    K80FLEC - Interesting how everything is all connected together like that and can affect running form! :)

TEXERUS - I'm no expert and since I'm still a long ways away from my ultimate weight goal (80-90 lbs), I still don't eat back all of my exercise calories. I use my hunger and how I feel as a guide. I can tell when I don't eat enough. While I'm not in the camp where you *have to* eat them back, my personal experience is that your body will need* you to eat at least some of it in order to have enough energy to perform during and repair after exercise. At the very least, you should not have a negative "Net" calories. And a disclaimer just in case anybody calls me on that for my diary the last two days :laugh: I wasn't feeling myself and just couldn't eat. That is not my normal day.

TAM6VAN - I know* how bad you want to run, but patience, Grasshoppa, patience...time to heal. :flowerforyou:

TAXMOM9093 - Yes, there is!!! One word.....ENDORPHINS. My favorite. :bigsmile: And yes...you are now GREEN!!! :drinker: And also YES, it does* get easier! Definitely glad you found us and are here too.

LEANZ - Too funny....no, don't stop running....just read while* you run! :bigsmile:

JCSMITH5210 - Yup, GREEN!! :)

BUNNYBUTLER29 - lol :) When I run outdoors in the cold Minnesota weather (or go skiing for that matter), I wear either a fleece or neoprene neck gaiter that I can pull up over my mouth and nose or down if I get too warm. It protects my face from the cold, occasionally bitter wind and helps warm the freezing air a little before I breathe it into my lungs.

I got another 3.1 miles in running on the treadmill at the gym last night.

.....and now boarding on the GOOOOAL train: BUTTERS1 and WTW0N!!!! CONGRATS!!!
    smiley-happy085.gif

EVERYONE....please check your numbers closely on the spreadsheet. I wasn't awake yet when I updated and there were a couple times I fat-fingered it and put the wrong thing in and caught it. I hope there weren't any I didn't catch. :laugh: I won't be offended nor surprised if you let me know. :smile:

Also...several people are *this* close to goal!!! Keep up the PUSH FOR THE GOLD! And even if you still have quite a ways to go, don't give up. Do whatever you can to get as far as you can! :drinker:

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Dave
    Darkrider42

exercise.png
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Adding 3.68 for Thursday!

exercise.png
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    129.73 miles completed out of 100 miles

10/24: 1.84 miles (0.24 miles walking from my car to my starting point, then back to my car to get my HRM, then to my starting point again, and 1.60 miles redoing W1D2 of C25K)
    10/23: 1.91 miles redoing W1D1 of C25K
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles for yesterday - 10/24

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    2 miles please

exercise.png
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    .8 miles please
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Total "October Miles: 123.7

exercise.png

[/quote]
    You all are making me 'up' my game. Thanks. :smile:

@dcmat thanx for the advice i will try. I went out last night in search of some things that might help. How about a ski mask Lol.. that wind is awfully cold on my face. Get like a wrestling mask .....okay im just laughing at myself now. I just invisioned myself on the bike riding on the trails with it on. I think I have the giggles right now....:laugh: seriously though thanx for the advice.
    I thought about doing that, but thought about how silly it would look, especially when I'm running at night in a neighborhood. That might not end well. :laugh:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Ok Guys. Only two days left before my first half ever.
    This is pretty much what I feel like from the inside,
    even though nothing is visible from the outside.
    homer-going-crazy-o.gif
    I am an emotional wreck and I'm just afraid I won't finish... This is awful!
    Ok. Get a grip lady! You can do this, you can do this...
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    ^^ Funny! I would feel the same!!! Good luck on your half!!:smile:

9.18 miles mountain biked this morning and it felt great! Was out before the gnats and my ankle didn't hurt too bad when I had to unclip a couple of times. I met my goal this month...yay! Mtd 204.93
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ok Guys. Only two days left before my first half ever.
    This is pretty much what I feel like from the inside,
    even though nothing is visible from the outside.
    homer-going-crazy-o.gif
    I am an emotional wreck and I'm just afraid I won't finish... This is awful!
    Ok. Get a grip lady! You can do this, you can do this...

You've got this!

This thread is full of all kinds of inspiration, if you need it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    put me down for 1 mile
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    3.34 more :) - walking
    69.77 total

exercise.png
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    62 miles
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    10 miles today.

exercise.png
  • andreastackpole
    Options
    Ran 3 miles yesterday

exercise.png
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So far done 4 km.....
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted for a few days, but I'm here :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,934 Member
    Options
    17 mile training run today. I'm pretty sure this is an all time high total mileage for me (do we have that stat?) and there are still 5 days to go. You guys really pushed me this month. Holy moly, I'm probably going to end up near 150.

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    @dcmat thanx for the advice i will try. I went out last night in search of some things that might help. How about a ski mask Lol.. that wind is awfully cold on my face. Get like a wrestling mask .....okay im just laughing at myself now. I just invisioned myself on the bike riding on the trails with it on. I think I have the giggles right now....:laugh: seriously though thanx for the advice.

Suggest that if you wear a ski mask don't carry a crowbar and a bag with swag written on it! I'm lucky as the cold doesn't affect my face/head even when hitting the low of -9.5. can strongly suggest seal skinz lobster gloves and socks