calorie rich food

Options
13»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    ice cream is a fun way to gain weight although not the most nutritious way.

When you're eating 3500+ calories a day of fruits, veggies, and lean meats, the last thing you need from the extra 500 or so calories is more micronutrients.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

When you're eating 3500+ calories a day of fruits, veggies, and lean meats, the last thing you need from the extra 500 or so calories is more micronutrients.

You don't get extra credit.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I heard dumping olive oil all over your pizza is the way to go, if you can stomach it.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    For me it's a bit of the problem cuz I don't really like sweeties :D

Why don't you just eat more of the foods you DO like then?

Have you seen how many calories he alreay eats? I think he's ok. I want all his calories.

lol no, admittedly I didn't look. I change my suggestion to melted cheddar then :devil:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Have you seen how many calories he alreay eats? I think he's ok. I want all his calories.

lol no, admittedly I didn't look. I change my suggestion to melted cheddar then :devil:

4000 calories?

CHEDDAR EVERYWHERE.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey, was wondering what foods you guys eat to get a hight calorie intake?

My top five :
    1.Oats(gluten free)
    2. Peanut butter
    3. Rice
    4. Spaghetti (gluten free)
    5. Fruits. (Banana primarily)

I agree with all of those above. Peanut butter for sure, because of the fat calories. Rice, oats, and fruits don't really add up that quickly in my opinion. Spaghetti can be heavy depending on the portion.

Or you can go with the IIFYM crowd or the "anti-clean eating" hippies and just eat like 6 donuts and drink 4 protein shakes. You're done for the day.
    This is IIFYM. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym and it has nothing to do with hippies. :huh:
    Once you meet you protein, fat/ fiber/micronutrient goals for the day, THEN you MAY have discretionary calories left to do as you choose. It is not eating donuts ALL day. One or two, sure. :drinker:

And back to the OP's question.
    1. Ice cream
    2. Peanut Butter
    3. Bacon
    4. Pasta.
    5. Chocolate

I didn't realize my 'dieting' methods had a name! Now I know IIFYM is what I've been doing. Thanks for the enlightening post, I'd never heard of this phrase before now.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

It's easy to miss a few of them even with 3500 calories. Zinc, pantothenic acid, selenium, niacin, iodine, folate and vitamin e to name a few.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I heard dumping olive oil all over your pizza is the way to go, if you can stomach it.
    Sounds like a digestion issue waiting to happen.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey, was wondering what foods you guys eat to get a hight calorie intake?

My top five :
    1.Oats(gluten free)
    2. Peanut butter
    3. Rice
    4. Spaghetti (gluten free)
    5. Fruits. (Banana primarily)

I agree with all of those above. Peanut butter for sure, because of the fat calories. Rice, oats, and fruits don't really add up that quickly in my opinion. Spaghetti can be heavy depending on the portion.

Or you can go with the IIFYM crowd or the "anti-clean eating" hippies and just eat like 6 donuts and drink 4 protein shakes. You're done for the day.

Yep. because that is what all IIFYM'ers do. /smh
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this.

It really depends on your macro target, but (and most these have been mentioned):

- ice cream
    - full fat dairy
    - nuts and seeds
    - nut and seed butters
    - pasta
    - bacon
    - avocado
    - cheesecake
    - use oils and butters in cooking and dressings

- oh, and not to disappoint the 'IIFYM'ers eat poptarts all day" peeps...poptarts.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Medjool dates
    Bananas
    Fruit juice
    Noodles
    Rice
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    You want to eat either:

a) my Mum's beef stew and dumplings

b) my Mum's steak and kidney pudding.

If you want my tip: go for (b) - all that delicious steamed suet. mmm suet. What was the question again?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. I used to make a mixture with different roasted nuts (cashew, almonds, pistachio, walnuts) and put it in a jar and put just enough honey to glue the nuts together (teehee). It was amazingly delicious, nutritious and was 90 calories per tbsp.

I like cheese too for a quick high cal dosage. I don't use protein powder anymore but 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, vanilla ice cream scoop with full cream milk was awesome after a workout.