What is your silly MFP pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    How there is no "read" function in the forums -- so when you click on a thread you have to go either to the very beginning or the very end, not to the last post you read. Unless there's a way to do that and I haven't figured it out yet.

^^^ this, and nothing to find your own posts either. So if someone bumps an old thread with a lot of pages, and you can't remember what you wrote in it (but you know you must have written something because it's on your "my topics" page), you have to go through the whole thread to find out what you posted....

but seriously, this. a "jump to first unread post" button in My Topics would be very helpful.

I also wish there was a jump to first unread post. But it's either first page or last.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    "starvation mode" as described by 90% of mfp.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Not enough junk pics Pmed to me.
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    People who routinely count food prep and cleaning as exercise. :huh:
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    its LOSE weight ... not loose weight!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    My silly MFP peeve is stupid threads .. and people that hide everything in their profiles. Like really .. do you really have to be so secretive ?
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My silly MFP peeve is stupid threads .. and people that hide everything in their profiles. Like really .. do you really have to be so secretive ?
    HAHA!!!! yes i agree with this... read my profile. EVERYTHING you need to know is there. i tell it like it is!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Not enough junk pics Pmed to me.

I hope you're prepared for what's going to happen to your inbox today...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    posts that aren't controversial
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    For the FR with no message people, if they are on the app, they can't see your profile to know that you are requesting a message with your FR.

I still deny them anyway, but there could be a reason why they aren't listening to what you have asked.

mmm... brings up good point. Previous rage looks unjustified now. Must go and re-evaluate life...
    I've also noticed that if you're on the app, you don't receive a message with a FR, whether one was sent, or not.

Sure, but who sends a random FR from the app? Usually FRs from strangers come because they saw you on the forums and the forums can't be accessed from the app. The only time I send from the app is when I'm sending one to IRL acquaintance and they are usually standing right in front of me at the time.

And if you check your FR from the app, tap the profile pic. If the sent a message, you'll see it after tapping the pic.
  • neverreallyhappy
    Options
    when people log "Fidgeting" as an exercise

i do not understand
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have so so many.
    1) asking what counts as water? Mfp making people worry about water intake.
    2) saying "I'm no expert but..." And then saying silly stuff.
    3) saying "yeah but you're no expert, where are your peer reviewed studies to reinforce your point?"
    4) all the talk about women and lifting and not getting bulky!!! *yawn!*
    5) people who ONLY want to flirt.
    6) ten people attacking one incorrect comment on a thread.
    7) people who use any excuse to display their latest pics or videos of lifts shamelessly trying to draw attention away from the subject and on them.
    8) "I've been doing this for a week and it doesn't work"
    9) slagging spouses and other family members.
    10) asking for advice so they can argue against every piece of advice they receive
    And that's just the beginning but OK I'll stop....

Oh dear...Mine is people with no profile picture

:flowerforyou:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    People who whose profile pic is of a skeleton-like person or people who try to get others to help them continue their anorexic lifestyles. These people anger me for some reason.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Broscience, by the same posters, over and over again, who never bother to read the well thought out replies to their idiotic advice. They just go on and on in their broscientifical haze, sorta like bro-fitness-zombies. And I get really really tired of trying to calmly and politely correct their advice.

Imma gonna get me a gun. :grumble:

I really need to get around to making a gif from Liar Liar when he is talking to the impound lot guy....It applies like once a day

Oh yes, that'd be sweet!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Mine is when the diary is not even visible to friends. I don't like to comment on those because being under on your calories can mean you are under by 10 calories or 1000. -.-

I don't care about the diary. I care about your profile being visible. Why even be friends w ppl if you're going to keep your profile private to them? LOL I know one person who does that for safety reasons, but I'm curious as to why others do it. And, it really makes no sense to keep your profile private to your friends. If someone really wanted to stalk you, they could just go through their entire timeline each day to see what you post. Why hide your posts?
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    its LOSE weight ... not loose weight!

EXACTLY!!! If it was 'loose' weight it might fall off more easily
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mine is when people send FR with no message. My profile clearly states why I don't accept FR unless you include a message so I find it very frustrating when people don't take the time to read your profile before hitting that "add friend" button. I think it validates my feelings on the included message with FR...

Whats your silly MFP pet peeve?

THIS, and also when you accept friends even though they didn't include a message, they never even sign in. never
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Mine is I feel the grams of protein and carbs should be reversed. And why eat back cardio calories? Isn't the point to burn off extra calories?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A few of my MFP pet peeves...

...are in this very thread.
  • gamergirl180
    Options
    Pet peeves are my pet peeve.

Agreed!