Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    6'1 here starting weight was 306. Working towards a long-term goal of 165-175 lbs. heaviest was 328. Shooting for 1 year form now (my 30th birthday) Its nice seeing other taller women (5'10"+) who are struggling at higher weights as well. its very encouraging. keep up the great work , stay focused and never give up and you will surely get there! :flowerforyou:
  • neneh2
    neneh2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'11" here - started at 189lbs and now down to about 144. I do have very broad shoulders though (42", against my hips of 36"). Not sure I want to lose much more, other than out of sheer curiosity. My current goal is set to 142lbs I think, so I'm trying to eat my maintenance calories, but it's hard to adjust!!
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Check your BMI.
    I'm 6'2, started off at 220 and working my way down to 190.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet with a goal of 180
  • lynx666
    Options
    I'm 6'1". Currently I'm about 179lbs, but my previous weight this summer was 175.6lbs at 16% body fat... I was sick for a few months after travelling, so just getting back into it, but at 180, I'm very, very slim. Granted, I'm probably still under 20% bodyfat.
    Aim for composition, not pounds, and the pounds will follow. If you are 190 and 15% it's wayyyy nicer looking than 150 and 35%...for example.
    :)

Good luck!
    Feel free to message me for tips or ideas based on my workout routines and diet :)
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"1. You can see profile pic wa 228 now 176! Not for sure what I want to be was going for 170 see how that goes. I'm pretty happy with body an definition I hve now! Go tall girls! Keep it up
  • Bawstinn43
    Bawstinn43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am almost 6'1 and started at 190. I am down to 172 with a first goal of 165. I'd like to see how I feel there and then evaluate. I almost think I'd be happy to stay at my current weight, if I could just tone up a bit.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 and weigh about 205. I used to be 270. It seems like I've hit a wall. For the last 3 or so months, I've basically stayed the same. It's not a plateau, it's me. I eat enough to maintain, but can't seem to stay on track to lose. I always end up eating more than I should.

I want to lose 20 more pounds, but I don't know if that is going to happen. I think I look good now, and I definitely feel good. I'm a size 14. But I think I would feel and look much better with an additional 20 pounds lost. I just don't know how I'm going to get there. I'm so close to being in Onederland, but I can't make myself get there. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Maybe this is where my body wants to stay?

Anyway, I just started Couch to 5k last week. Maybe that will get me out of my rut.
  • pusseacat
    Options
    Don't worry about the final place yet- this is a long term project. Your best weight will be easier to figure out when you are close to it. Make your victories the little changes you make every week. They absolutely count- lasting change happens over time. Don't try and do it all at once. Deprivation is not the answer and if the changes are too dramatic, that's how it will feel.
    Do one thing better this week than you did last week.
    Hang in there.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    6' tall. Goal 160. If I were younger, goal would be 150-155.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My recommendation to you is to get below 200 and see how you feel.

I'm just shy of 5'11" - all I really wanted was to get below 200, and frankly I'd be happy there. But I now weigh around 175 and it's a great place for me. I thought I'd look "too skinny" below 180 but that is definitely not the case ;) I could easily lose 10-20 pounds and still look healthy. But ... I've been in the mid 170s maintaining for a year, I don't want to buy new clothes, and this is a "happy" weight for me. I feel good and I like the way I look.

185 at your height is probably a great goal. Get there and re-evaluate.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 174 because that puts me in the healthy range. Frankly, at 200 pounds I wear a size 12/14 and a M/L top and am perfectly happy. I think I'd be just fine at 174, and then I wouldn't be in that borderline plus size range. Anything beyond that is a bonus but I'm not planning on it, and honestly, I feel like I would feel weird that skinny. Like I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    6'2" here. Highest weight: 291. Currently 267 and working on my goal of 175-180. Nice to see other tall girls here!! :)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    5'11 here. I always find it so inspiring to see tall women who have lost lots of weight and end up looking fantastic. Hard to get the 'I'm a 'big' girl' thought out of my thought process. It doesn't have to stay that way. I'm 210'ish right now, the lowest I've seen myself as an adult was 180 and even then, I still had a ways to go. Too much chub in the tummy, which hangs like I was sliced horizontally in half at one point in my life, or had a constricting rope tied around my waist as I continued to get heavy. It's not pretty and I really wonder what it will look like once I get to the ultimate goal. I'm building muscle this time around as I make my decline down the scale, so I'm really lost as to what goal weight I should be aiming for. Based on my 180 body, probably 160, which is unfathomable. I literally can not imagine myself at that weight. Even 170 with muscle and less body fat is still just so far out of my imagination.

Would love to see some exposed tummies before and afters from you tall ladies who have lost a bunch, especially if your belly was where you stored most of your excess weight.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", started at 247, now I'm at 166. My goal was originally to get to 165, now I may try to lose 5-10 more lbs depending on how I look. Really I just wanna lower my bodyfat percentage at this point.

OneYearFrontampSide_zpsc36b9042.jpg

This is a photo of the progress I made being on here a year.

You rock! Did you carry a lot of weight in your belly beforehand? Or were you a boobs and butt kind of girl? You look so *normal* and awesome! I can only hope to look this fantastic once the weight comes off. I'll be so happy if I can obtain a normal, nondisfigured appearance once I get into proper shape. I'm opposed to surgery to repair my post-weightloss imperfections, and I'm scared to death that in order to look 'normal', I'm going to need that regardless of what I end up weighing. Time will tell!
  • Coopaloopsmom
    Options
    I'm 6' and currently fluctuate between 185.5-187.5. My ultimate goal is 159! But that includes weight lifting and the assumed muscle mass I will build. If I was planning on strictly losing and not gaining muscle I would want to be 149.

I did just find out I have a small frame thanks to the website/wrist test someone posted a few pages back.

I'm also battling PCOS so this will be a LOOOOOOONG journey, I'm sure.
  • MyLuvMaya
    MyLuvMaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I`m 5`11 ...my goal weight is 165 -170 lbs.
  • brittneymcmurry
    Options
    I am 6 ft tall and my goal weight right now is 200lbs. I have been all over the scale : 170-260 (after 3 children and being literally unable to walk/work out due to an accident), and the most comfortable I felt was right around the 200lb range. When I was at 170lbs I felt like I looked like a stick man- no real curves or boobs or butt. When I was about 190-200lbs I felt like I looked like a woman at last. Right now I am at 245lbs so I have a few more to go before I get there!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sounds very realistic - you may even get there and want to go lower...

I'm 5'11, 34 years old, and 147lbs right now. I'd like to lose a few more pounds before the holidays just in case I over indulge. I'm happy if I'm below 150.

Everyone is different. Depends on body make up. I'm not big into exercise, so my muscle mass is lower than most, but my scale has been reading my BF% around 22 and I'm happy with that.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hiya, totally struggling, no weight lost, eating 1400-1500 calories, but one says I should eat 2230 ??

weighed myself and no weight lost, which I don't understand,

im 6ft 1, does anyone know hoe much I should be eating - pleaseeeee

I'm gonna say way more than 1400-1500. I started here at 165 (5'11) at 1420 cal/day (because that's what MFP said to lose 1lb/week). I found I lost pretty rapidly in the first few weeks then stopped...so I upped it to 1600 and I started losing again - an average of 1lb a week. Without knowing your actual weight, if you have 90 to lose, I'd say you could easily eat upwards of 1800-1900 and still lose.

How do you feel on 1400-1500? Are you doing any exercise on top of that? Are you eating those calories back?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!