• XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 31%
    Hoping to change that =)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I would love to know mine, I'll probably get it tested in a couple weeks when the semester starts and they offer that at the fitness center at school again. (I'll update this post then if I remember!)

I've done the online calculator and it put me at 26%, which gives me a lean body mass of like 90 pounds, which sounds kind of off for being 5'6" but I have no idea really!

I'm still pretty soft though so it could be right for all I know!

taken a few weeks ago
    ifaf4j.jpg

and one taken yesterday that's a little more flattering lol, I'm flexing my abs but not sucking in, just tightening them
    11cdw7d.jpg

if anyone wants to give me a guess I wouldn't mind. i'm 5'6" 124 pounds measurements are 31-25-37

ETA: some pics are kind of big but if you drag them you can see the whole thing kind of (on my computer anyways lol)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the look....you will have greater success.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I don't have the option to edit my post anymore but I didn't want to leave those pictures up permanently! anyone know how I can remove them?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I like the 10% on the guy and the 18 or 20% on the girl
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can get a very comprehensive guide. Looking at that page you posted, the woman who's 25% body fat, looks nothing like me (26.4%). As most of my fat is on my thighs and bum. So I look much healthier.

Same, I am at 28 but I look like the 25% person because my tummy is pretty flat it is all in my *kitten* and thighs.

Funny, the last time I tested I was at 29.8% but I look somewhere between 20 & 25% according to the photos on that site. Here's my pic.

swimsuit2.jpg

Oops - here are my stats - 5'-6" 133lbs
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your bf is, but you look incredible!! Your body is what I wish mine looked like. I need to go find your back story.
    I would love to know mine, I'll probably get it tested in a couple weeks when the semester starts and they offer that at the fitness center at school again. (I'll update this post then if I remember!)

I've done the online calculator and it put me at 26%, which gives me a lean body mass of like 90 pounds, which sounds kind of off for being 5'6" but I have no idea really!

taken a few weeks ago
    ifaf4j.jpg

and one taken yesterday that's a little more flattering lol, I'm flexing my abs but not sucking in, just tightening them
    11cdw7d.jpg

if anyone wants to give me a guess I wouldn't mind. i'm 5'6" 124 pounds measurements are 31-25-37

ETA: some pics are kind of big but if you drag them you can see the whole thing kind of (on my computer anyways lol)
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've been looking for something similar to this to give me an idea. I found one website but they had only 1 photo for each % and with the variances in womens' body type it was hard to even get an idea. Thanks for posting this thread. Great motivation!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    <<<<----i had mine tested a couple of months ago @26%, but no idea if it was accurate!! i'm 5'3" and around 122 give or take a few lbs!!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Not sure what your bf is, but you look incredible!! Your body is what I wish mine looked like. I need to go find your back story.

taken a few weeks ago

aw thanks :flowerforyou: that's really nice of you! I started on MFP 61 pounds heavier in November 2011, I've just been logging on ever since, trying to eat better and exercise often! I mess up a lot though lol so patience was key for me!
  • olivejls
    Options
    Good luck reaching your BF goals. A pic reference is noble!
  • yayagsanchez
    yayagsanchez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 26 years old, 5'6 and weight 147. My body fat percentage is 39% (61 lbs of my body is fat ) According to a full body analysis that I got done 2 weeks ago. I will have my followup Monday. Wish me luck! :embarassed: :embarassed:

I couldnt figure out how to add a photo though. I hope this Photobucket image works. I would have never guessed my body fat percentage was that high.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/Yadiragarcia1234/397.jpg
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 165cm (5"5) tall, 58kg (128pounds) and all my measurements using online calculators suggested I was 22%BF and scales said around 24% however I have just had a DEXA scan that says I'm 27.2%BF.

Pretty disappointed considering I've been working hard to exercise and monitor my diet and I don't look like a lot of the pictures of girls listed at this percentage online. DEXA is very accurate though and now I know I need to work harder :)

The physiologist actually said I needed to be eating more and up my protein significantly.

1359088254818_zps98409cbb.jpg

Very interesting however inaccurate other methods can be.

I don't think that your is accurate..

I'm your same height, I have the same BF (according to gym test) and you weight my goal weight that will put me around 16%! So if I were you, I'd check again!

:)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bump. Very interesting topic. I will see if I can get tested at my school and report back.
  • AshleeJane7614
    Options
    I am 165cm (5"5) tall, 58kg (128pounds) and all my measurements using online calculators suggested I was 22%BF and scales said around 24% however I have just had a DEXA scan that says I'm 27.2%BF.

Pretty disappointed considering I've been working hard to exercise and monitor my diet and I don't look like a lot of the pictures of girls listed at this percentage online. DEXA is very accurate though and now I know I need to work harder :)

The physiologist actually said I needed to be eating more and up my protein significantly.

1359088254818_zps98409cbb.jpg

Very interesting however inaccurate other methods can be.

I don't think that your is accurate..

I'm your same height, I have the same BF (according to gym test) and you weight my goal weight that will put me around 16%! So if I were you, I'd check again!

:)

I was a bit shocked as well when I received my result but it doesn't get more accurate than a DEXA scan.

I have since had another one and am down to 25.8% body fat. All my stats are still the same except I've lost 800grams putting me at 57.2kg. But I am much stronger and have more definition around my stomach and slimmer legs.

Most other methods are inaccurate unfortunately. DEXA scans measure bone density as well as body fat.
    You can also get a consultation from the physiologist and they give great recommendations for dietary changes to see results quicker.

I'm now eating an extra 400 calories each day, 150grams protein and keep my carbs under 100grams.

I saw results almost immediately :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up testing my own body fat in a lab yesterday for school. I really don't think it was very accurate at all, but I got 39.5% :( I am 5'6 and 156 lbs.

These are old pics but I am about the same still

6647492_1734.jpg

6647492_7174.jpg

6647492_6121.jpg
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up testing my own body fat in a lab yesterday for school. I really don't think it was very accurate at all, but I got 39.5% :( I am 5'6 and 156 lbs.

6647492_1734.jpg

6647492_7174.jpg

6647492_6121.jpg

That doesn't sound right to me either. You certainly don't look like you possibly could be 39%. I'm only an inch taller than you and when I was about 155 I was probably around 28% (at 145 I'm at 24%.) What was the method you used in the lab?
  • AshleeJane7614
    Options

6647492_1734.jpg

6647492_7174.jpg

6647492_6121.jpg

39.5% definitely does not seem accurate for your pictures.

here is a link to a great page that has lots of pics
    http://builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Marc Perry also points out that people can look very different with the same percentage of body fat.

A catwalk model and fitness model will look completely different at the same body fat of 15% and will have drastically different weights at the same height because of muscle.
  • J_Remps
    J_Remps Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm a CDT (certified densitometry technologist), which means I'm a DXA technician. The DXA machine IS the most accurate way of finding out your body fat, and unfortunately, body fat normally is a lot higher than you think. All other methods estimate it drastically lower.....I'm considered "thin" (at least to my friends and co workers) and have a 30% body fat on the DXA for being 5'8", 142 pounds, and lifting weights 4x a week....the lowest I've gotten is down to 24% when I was 129 pounds. The fittest normal girls I know who are not bikini models or who don't competitively lift are around 25%.

Just thought I'd give my two cents on how frustrating it is to learn your real body fat %. Both frustrating and motivating.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm a CDT (certified densitometry technologist), which means I'm a DXA technician. The DXA machine IS the most accurate way of finding out your body fat, and unfortunately, body fat normally is a lot higher than you think. All other methods estimate it drastically lower.....I'm considered "thin" (at least to my friends and co workers) and have a 30% body fat on the DXA for being 5'8", 142 pounds, and lifting weights 4x a week....the lowest I've gotten is down to 24% when I was 129 pounds. The fittest normal girls I know who are not bikini models or who don't competitively lift are around 25%.

Just thought I'd give my two cents on how frustrating it is to learn your real body fat %. Both frustrating and motivating.

Thanks for this input! I haven't been able to track down the DXA around here, but I did a bodpod. I'm sure you probably can't endorse other techniques, but any insight into how accurate/innacurate the bodpod is in comparison?