58 Years Old and 81 Pounds Gone (Pics too!)

Options

Replies

• goodnamegone
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, it so great to read. Congratulations and super well done!!!
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring post! thank you!
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You are so right when you talk about getting to the root of things. I had gotten down to healthy BMI two babies ago, but still had not dealt with the roots. This time around I've spent a lot of time praying that God deal with the real issues behind the fat. It was good to hear another person's story confirm that.

I'm so proud of you!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, its just what I needed to hear today, last year I started on MFP and lost 19 lbs, went from 188 to 168.6, felt really great, got into all my old clothes, stomach was gone, then complacency set in. I started cheating by not tracking everything I ate on MFP and before I knew it I had gained 5lbs, then 10 and now I am back up to 183. So charging my fitbit up, and tomorrow I start again tracking my weight and exercising. I feet horrible right now, always tired, no energy and some days even have to lie down in the afternoon. I know the problem, eating too many carbs make me tired, its a vicious circle, one that stops now after reading your post. I'm 54 so if you can do it at 58 I can do it, my goal is to get to 148. Thanks again for sharing your story and know that you have motivated at least one person because you did!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's the best thing I've read on MFP to date. Congratulations to you and your sister!

You're AMAZING.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You inspire me!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting your very inspiring story! You have a wonderful style of writing, too. People often say Baby Boomer women can't lose weight. Thanks for the proving these people wrong!
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nice steady loss!
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:flowerforyou: you are an inspiration :drinker:
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats
  • boyetck
    boyetck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only hope I can do what you have done. I ended up getting lap band surgery August 13th. It has helped me so far in controlling my portions. I have started walking but I want to do so much more, I am just so out of shape.
    Thanks for sharing.......what an inspiration you are! Great job!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, this is isnpring! You look absolutely AMAZING! Good job!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for sharing and being so inspiring!!!
  • micrump
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your story. You look young and healthy!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story- it is truly inspiring! You look fantastic!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wonderful. Just wonderful. You look just WONDERFUL!!

Your story is so similar to mine. I have lost weight 3X...and now to do it for REAL. The other times I lost I thought "I made it!" and went right back to eating. Well, the first time I lost it, my mom kept complaining how I had lost too much weight and was too thin. So I tried to gain my weight back on purpose...and it came back. The other two times were on me. :grumble:

Love the story...and the pics were great. CONGRATS TO YOU!!
  • djgoing
    djgoing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing wtg:)
  • teresab101
    teresab101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • carlosapolinarioferreira
    Options
    Love your story, congradulations. Hope your sister is also doing well on MFP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!