Snacks That Burn Fat :)

Options
124»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Lol this has made most interesting reading so far today. So many crabby pants got out of the wrong side of the bed today. Whilst you may all think you are right, and tho OP wrong, you didn't all have to be so blunt and nasty. What's the matter, would a polite reply have taken too long to type. The title of the thread is misleading, but as the OP explains, she has just read this somewhere and thought it was interesting enough to share.
    I used to be a person who snacked hourly on cake, chocolate, toast and jam etc.....and was always still hungry. Now I eat 6 times a day nutritious, high GI low carb options like the ones mentioned, I am no longer hungry all the time, and I lost weight and gained energy.
    Maybe title should say delicious snacks that will help you keep to a calorie deficit without depriving yourself of essential nutrients your body needs while burning fat.

sorry, but if no one would have corrected the OP then some newbie would of come in here and been like "oh, I can eat this snack and burn fat" then they would post a thread in a month asking why they are snacking but not losing any more wight ...

and if some of us had some fun and laughs with it, what concern is it of yours..it is a public forum...maybe OP should of researched this a bit more before cutting and pasting something from an online fitness article....
    exactly.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Mean, mean ole bully meanies, can't wait for the next "this forum is so mean" thread. Going to search for some gifs in preparation!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Mean, mean ole bully meanies, can't wait for the next "this forum is so mean" thread. Going to search for some gifs in preparation!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1101715-motivation-and-support-lol
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Those are all fine snacks that will keep you full and give you some good fats and proteins, but they will not boost your metabolism or burn fat.

Indeed. Thanks for posting the delicious ideas, though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    They are all great ideas for snacks, but none of them burn fat.
    THIS. Needs to be said out loud too because if people start believing eating certain foods increases fat burn, they'll be gravely disappointed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1101715-motivation-and-support-lol

Psyco_Kitty_by_iCrayola.jpg
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    Short cut is good but it never work for long. Snacks mentioned above many help but ultimately diet, cardio and weight training are the 3 in 1 to achieve fitness and muscle building, and the magic spell is will power. I used to be a 220 pounder and tried everything under the sun in order to get into shape but only to my deepest disappointment. I thought that's it, I have to live with how I looked, until my friend recommended me with this website and I just follow it for 2 months to shed away belly fat and build muscle. Now I can vouch that weight loss and fitness can be achieved hand in hand and it is not that difficult afterall, lol. This is the website that I mentioned above, check it out:
    http://insanebodyshape.com/
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Oh man, 4 of those choices are things I would NEVER consider putting into my mouth. For the life of me, I cannot.. WILL NOT.. eat asparagus. I've tried it so many times, each time the ending result is me making a funny face at it's taste and texture. I just.. Cannot lol. Only thing I'd consider is #1 and that's because I totally love LOVE shrimp. Thanks for this info :)
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh man, 4 of those choices are things I would NEVER consider putting into my mouth. For the life of me, I cannot.. WILL NOT.. eat asparagus. I've tried it so many times, each time the ending result is me making a funny face at it's taste and texture. I just.. Cannot lol. Only thing I'd consider is #1 and that's because I totally love LOVE shrimp. Thanks for this info :)

try asparagus wrapped in proscuitto. DELICIOUS.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i once read that there is this craze called exercise, apparently that burns fat. may want to give it a try instead of just trying to eat some foods that someone randomly posted on the internet.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    although i will say adding those foods won't do any harm. but as far as fat burning, just do the good old fashioned exercise as well as eating healthy foods
  • alexsaund1
    Options
    You are definitely correct. Snacking on the wrong food is not only bad for your weight, more importantly it is bad for your health. When I am under stress and at home, I snack a lot on any food I can find in the house. I had to stop that. It is very important to have the right kind of food in the house i.e. the healthy foods.

Snacking even with healthy snacks can be a problem if you over snack. Portion size becomes a problem. Be careful.

Thomas Saunders
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Burpees burn fat.
    ....What do you mean they aren't snack food?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Ran across this article today and wanted to share with my new Fitness Pal friends. What you eat between meals matters more than you think. These choices boost metabolism and help you lose weight fast. I'm going to try a few :)

Boost metabolism how, exactly?

What research has shown this?
    Burpees burn energy.
    ....What do you mean they aren't snack food?
    Fixed it for you.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think maybe this is just a misinterpretation of words...by "snacks that burn fat" I think what it really means to say is "snacks that will help keep your metabolism up." These snacks will all certainly do that.

How so exactly? Can you link to some peer-reviewed research supporting this?

I've found absolutely none of any value.
  • dbmata
    Options
    BTW...is it common that when you lose weight you also lose manners and tact? Day 4 on the site...should I stay or should I go???Gezzz.

Dammit! I got sucked in by month old butthurt.

LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW!
  • JorisSt
    Options
    The only snacks i know are low carb snacks with proteins.

Joris s.
    weightloss-tips.eu
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    The only snacks i know are low carb snacks with proteins.

Joris s.
    weightloss-tips.eu
    Snacks DON'T burn fat. Eating increases calories and increases energy. Fat burning comes from energy deficiency.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition