''Quad muscles are not sexy on women''

Options

Replies

• jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah? Tell 'em it goes with the well rounded, tight gluteus maximus that they can watch walk away (with a hair toss of course) :wink: :laugh:

this! :)
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I find muscle definition on women very sexy. Everyone will have their own opinion, it is up to you to decide which opinions matter to you. My husband loves how my body is changing and love that I have visible muscles now lol, his friend on the other had told me that I should stop trying to look like a man. I am going with my husband and his opinion!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect someone who consistently misspells "women" (as woman) to have the insight not to comment on posts they can't read such as my original post. Both is ignorant by dictionary definition.

People who are going to imply others are stupid because of grammatical errors really ought to take the time to proofread their own posts for grammar.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think quad muscles are sexy on women.

However, I don't see how its unacceptable to say that quad muscles are not sexy on a woman, however some people think its ok to say nothing is less attractive than a skinny person etc etc

body shaming is body shaming, and its not nice.
    Exactly.

Individuals have different tastes. Though I think it's one thing to say, "That isn't for me," in a general sense and quite another to tell someone point blank you don't like a specific feature. Whoever said that to the OP was incredibly rude.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    1382915_565685783499725_502943947_n.jpg

I kinda like em tbh.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options

Along with a well rounded, tight gluteus maximus.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a woman who has been toned and defiend because of strength training.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Quad muscles are sexy on women.
  • kristy5711
    kristy5711 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll take 'em! :bigsmile:
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    quad muscles are ULTRA sexy on women!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I personally think toned, healthy legs look much more attractive than the narrow, undefined legs of girls that are thin from lots of drugs and smoking.

Indeed, to each their own about physical attractiveness but I know a lot of men that think female athletes are hot.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I completely disagree. I think your quads are slammin' btw. :) I'm working on a killer pair for myself.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

However, I don't see how its unacceptable to say that quad muscles are not sexy on a woman, however some people think its ok to say nothing is less attractive than a skinny person etc etc

body shaming is body shaming, and its not nice.

I think context is king.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm very amused right now. I guess someone complained about my post and myfitnesspal staff sent me an email that they had removed it. Good, but I don't really care. I didn't even notice there were these forums until yesterday and that's not what I'm here for. To the people who believe they made a point or whatever I'll just say this: my opinion hasn't changed and I'm still here. You're just lying to yourselves by pretending that it doesn't exist or that I'm a non-person for expressing it. You didn't expel me, you isolated yourselves. Censorship rarely works out for the people who practice it and it's usually just a symptom and an accelerator of their own problems. Free speech wins but it's not for the weak.

This person was reported for having an opinion?? Really people, get a life.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    That person was speaking for themselves. I can't think of a single example that didn't belong to a steroid using female bodybuilder, where thick legs were unattractive.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    But ouch; I'll admit, that one stung.

I am going to be blunt with you here: then you need to work on your emotional resilience as much as your body.

This looks like a thread where you are seeking validation of your own beliefs from punters on the internet after a hurtful comment. That is perfectly understandable. You don't, however, need that at all.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am going to be blunt with you here: then you need to work on your emotional resilience as much as your body.

This looks like a thread where you are seeking validation of your own beliefs from punters on the internet after a hurtful comment. That is perfectly understandable. You don't, however, need that at all.
    [/quote]

Agreed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I had some nicely defined quads in high school. I liked having them. Wouldn't mind getting them back. **** the haters!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    That's like saying tattoos and short hair aren't either. People's preferences are subjective to attraction so don't sweat it. Just sweat in the gym!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would like to know the context.

Did it go like this?

OP: I love well defined quad muscles. Don't you?
    Other person: I don't know it's just not my thing. I could take it or leave it. It's not something I notice.
    OP: I think they are sexy. How can you not think they are sexy?
    Other person: I don't know, I just don't don't think they are sexy. I'm not a leg man.
    OP: (I'm going to post this on mfp)

See how context can matter.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about what other people think, there will always be people who find certain qualities either attractive or unattractive. There will also always be people who feel the need to express their unwanted opinion on others, unfortunately.

I happen to love prominent leg muscles, and was so happy when mine started showing some definition. My other half agrees too, and loves it.

Ultimately, what do YOU like? That's all that matters.