Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I will catch up on the posts tomorrow. Just popping to say hello and wish everyone a good and healthy day.

JAM (Jeannie)
  • jam0525
    Options
    Sas16 - I hope your back gets better. That is about the worse thing in the world to hurt as it effects everything you do. GL with it.

All- I measured myself and I'm disappointed that I haven't lost as many inches here and there as I was hoping I would. So, I guess I just have to hang in there a while longer to see any results from all the weight training I've been doing.

The new picture is from an outing for my Dad's 91rst birthday. They do walk with walkers, but we brought them to the botanical gardens and the aquarium and it would have been too much walking, so we pushed and they relaxed and took a ride.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • Sunny07
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP and just noticed your group - it seems like it's the place for me! I'm barely 5'4", so I seem to be a smidge taller than most here, but I still am regularly teased by my taller family. ;) Just looking for some support as I get started!

Have a great day! :)

Sarah
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    hey everyone. i've havent really been checkin in, but i am still at it. I weighed in today & to my surprise I actually lost 2.2 lbs! I went from 148.2 to 146.0. Some of the loss is stress related i think...but i will take it how i can get it LoL. Now to just keep it off. I also found out I got the job I interviewed for today...all in all a pretty successfull day! Hope you all are doin well!! Will read thru the posts I missed after dinner to catch up on how u all have been doing :flowerforyou:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Thanks, JAM! So far so good. I still took it easy w/my workout today just to play it safe. Tomorrow is my rest day, so it'll be another easy day.

Sunny...welcome to the group! You'll get the support you're looking for...even though you're the tall one! lol

jzbaby...congrats on the new job and the weight loss. I'm with you...even if the loss it stress related...i'd take it too. :wink:

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I can't believe half the work week has past me by and I've not posted very much. This will be another quick post b/c this special assignment is kicking my tail and it MUST be completed by today. Monday, I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme series, Tuesday, I completed a Cardio dvd from the Kettleworx series and Today I completed the Resistance dvd from the Kettleworx series. I'm unsure if I'm going to keep the Kettleworx series or not b/c there's parts of it I already don't like BUT I do enjoy the fact that it's a full body workout and it's a little less than 30 minutes. I'll do a few more workouts before I make a definitive decision.
  • jam0525
    Options
    JZ - Congratulations on the 2.2 pounds lost! That is a great way to get back into the swing of things.

Sarah - Welcome! MFP is a great site with a lot of success stories to get you motivated. Us shorties have an especially hard time loosing, but consistency in tracking your calories really, really helps.

Sas - Glad to hear you back is doing better. You are right to ease back into things.

Choco - I hope work settles down for you.

I've had a rough week so far just due to how busy it's been. I haven't had much time to exercise and that is really cutting into what I can eat each day.

Tomorrow I am supervising my daughter and her friends making 20 pounds of terriyaki. Friday they are going to sell plates of food at my work to raise money for their high school club.

JAM(Jeannie)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This has been an active day for me
    line dance class in the morning and a 90 minute walk with a friend in the afternoon plus exercise bike, dog walking at home and at the dog part, and a bunch of active work on projects in the yard.....DH has been taking it easy ( he did housework instead of playing golf this morning) because he doesn't feel well....he took a long nap and then said he wanted "comfort food"........so when I was at the grocery store I began to be thinking of some comforting food for me too.....at first I thought of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and yogurt and then I realized that I was really thinking of eating the whole box of cereal with a quart of yogurt so I bought a sweet potato instead...with all the extra calories I burned i could afford the calories.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Jam!

I peeked at the scale today & I liked what I saw :happy: ...hopefully I can keep it up thru the weekend!! I'm hoping now that i'm going back to work, I wont be sitting in the house thinking about what to eat all the time LoL. Hopefully this will help me lose more weight!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hey everyone,

How did you do for October? Didn't seem harder than September? lol

Do you have any special plans to fight off Halloween and all candy that will be around?

Luckily, we don't have trick or treaters out where I live. It is too rural. I miss the kiddos all dressed up. The little ones are always such a treat.

October was a rough month for me. The kids both had too much going on at school and outside of school for me to stay in my usual routine. This week will be quieter, so I have time to get back on track for November.

Have a great weekend and good luck with your calories and exercise.

JAM(Jeannie)
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    So just realized I have been a member of mfp for a year now! The sad part is I weigh the same as when I joined. :sad: But trying to look at the positive and that is...The first time I logged my food on the bottom of the diary where it says "if everyday were like today, you would weigh ___ in 5 weeks"...it said I would have gained 20 lbs!!!!! :noway::blushing: :embarassed: :noway: So I am glad that at least I have maintained my weight this past year & not gained anything. I can only imagine how big i'd be right now if I havent found MFP!! It really opened my eyes to just how much I was eating and how fast you can gain a lot of weight!! But for this next year I would DEFAINTLY like to see a loss!!!!!!! So far this weekend I've been doing good with my eating. Hope I can keep it up the rest of today and tomorrow!! Hope you all have a nice weekend :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: on the subject of Halloween, I am fortunate that I don't go to work at a place where people bring tempting treats.....there may be some treats at the line dancing party on Halloween afternoon, but I'll dance on the other side of the room......we get a bunch of trick-or-treaters but we give out quarters so there will be no candy in our house.....and our grandkids are in another state so they won't bringing treats or expecting any from us.

:flowerforyou: I did a few minutes of Zumba at an event today and once again concluded that I much prefer the slower and more structured pace of line dance.

:flowerforyou: we have storms coming in so it's time for Leslie Sansone, Richard Simmons, and WII Sports
    I did find an hour to work in the yard this afternoon before it started to rain. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I HURT, I HURT, I HURT.....TOM is really kicking my tail this month. I had a meeting this afternoon that lasted a lot longer than I anticipated and I was in soooooo much pain. I was on my way back to the house when I realized I hadn't completed my workout for today. I was so thankful I had some workout clothes in the care b/c I pulled over to the side of the road and changed out of my shirt, jeans and heels and into my tank top, jogging pants and sneakers. I got out the car and walked a total of 1.2 miles. I tried to walk as fast as possible but I was experiencing so much pain in my lower back and hips that it just wasn't possible.

I have now made it home, taken some pain medication and hope to be sleeping soon.

Jzbaby: happy 1 year anniversary. My MFP anniversary is rapidly approaching and I too am happy to have found such a wonderful group of ppl. I've been able to maintain my weight which is something I've always struggled with.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Choco~ Great job on getting a workout in even tho you were in so much pain! That shows how dedicated you are cause i know most people would use that as an excuse to skip the workout that day. Congrats on coming close to your one year!! I know, I am also glad to have found such a supportive group of people who are going thru the same things I am.

My word of the day today is WATER, WATER, WATER......OH & MORE WATER!!! Have not been drinking no where near enough!! I am actually proud of myself for not piggin out this weekend! I guess I can do it LoL.
  • jam0525
    Options
    JZ - I am approaching my 2 year anniversary with MFP. Honestly all I did at the beginning was track what I ate. It took a while to sink in that I really ate enough to weigh what I did. Hang in there and make year #2 the year of real weight loss.

Choco - way to go on the exercise during TOM.

Barbie - I bet the kids are just as happy to get the quarters as they are to get candy. What a great idea! We are getting the same storm here. We had our first snow flurries today when I was driving to work.

Happy Monday all!

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! What a difference a couple of days makes b/c I feel 10x better than I did yesterday and Saturday. I'm still not a 100% but did not have to spend the day in the bed some i'm grateful. A friend of mine let me borrow her Hip Hop Abs dvds because I was considering purchasing them so today I completed the Total Body Burn dvd. I'm going to check out a few more dvd before I make a decision.

Jzbaby: Water is really important so keep plowing at it. Great job w/not piggin out this weekend.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I'm am almost back to my normal self so I was able to rock out today's workout. Today I completed the Billy Blank's Cardio Bootcamp dvd from the Taebo series. I really like this workout because Billy has you using resistance bands while performing the kicks and punches and it gives you a great burn. We also did a lot of jumping rope, jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, tricep kickbacks and dips. I may have to check out a few more of his dvds to see if he'll be my new trainer.
  • cksongbird
    Options
    I've been MIA. Sorry about that. Is there a way to find out when someone posts?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I've been MIA. Sorry about that. Is there a way to find out when someone posts?

If it's someone on one of your topics, just read the topic thread every day.

If you're trying to find out if someone is posting anywhere else, check their profile and you can see where they've posted----actually you can see everything they've posted.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Cathy, welcome back. I think we are all busy these days and finding it hard to post.

Choco, I think it's a really good idea to try DVDs before you buy them. I know I've bought a few and then not liked them and couldn't get my money out of them.

I did 30 minutes on the bike today and went for a walk at lunch. I hate it when I don't exercise, but lately it seems as if the exercise gods have been against me.

My walking buddy at work is really starting to show a commitment to exercising. She bought a street bike and set a goal of three times a week for an hour. It is level where she lives, so I think that is a good first goal for her.

I'm still sitting here in my work clothes. I actually dressed up for work today. When ever I do, I end up under a desk. (IT user support person) and today was no exception. lol At least I get to move around a lot at work some days.

Have a great evening all,

Jeannie