40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

alf - I lift 4 days a week in the morning fasted, with a 15 minute HIIT tagged on after and then a run on those days after work, those are my work days. I do low intensity cardio the other 3, usually 60 minute walks or swimming.

samuel - I love deadlifts =) are you doing a full body routine on your lift days?

Beeps - that sounds like an awesome 2 week plan to me... except for the 2 day fasts. What are you allowed to consume on those days?

sdereski - LOL, that's awesome! you could pass for 31 anyway! ;:wink:

I'm with you KellySue, just dragging today except I didn't get my lifting in this morning. I had the crappiest sleep, slept in a little too long on Sunday so was up later than normal last night and then restless, ughh. Going for a walk before breaking my fast today and then will get in my lifts after work.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    Happy 40th, rob!

sdereski - aren't you only 31, anyway???!?!?!?!? I totally thought you squished into the 40+ 'ers because we are FUN, not because you are that old!! :wink:

KellySue - poo on cardio, anyway!!! lol

alf - nope, I don't do 24-hour fasts. Yesterday I did 20 hour. Today, it's 22 hours. But, in each 24-hour period, i'm eating something....mostly trying to just skip both brekkie and lunch for 3-days straight - photos are on Wednesday and I want ZERO bloat, lol!!

WhataBroad - I ate 800 cals yesterday. Today, it will be more like 900 cals. So, these are not "true" fasts by any stretch of the imagination....but, it's what I can handle!
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to find a 40+ club. It does get much harder after 40 (for a variety of reasons). It is sure nice to have this kind of support and inspiration!
  • ichibanmom
    ichibanmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to have found this board.

I'm 47 years "young." I am a wife to an amazing man and the mom to two incredible boys that are needing me less and less. I have found that I have a lot of free time, and have started to spend it at the gym. I am an avid skiier during the winter, love rock climbing with my boys and love my daily barre class.

Over the summer, a few moms started talking about menopause and how difficult it was to lose the weight once the change happened. I started on this clean eating plan in August and the results have been inspiring.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps and kellysue. I feel 31 most days, so yeah, I could say I'm 31 at heart. :wink:

Got my run in today! Didn't let the cold stop me. Tomorrow is lifting day. Also time to increase the weights a bit as well.

Welcome ichibanmom bad javakitty. It's a great group.

All this talk of fasting....I need to get back on track with that. I used to do a weekly 24 hr fast and it worked wonders in helping me keep the weight off.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Cool Kids! Doing much better today. I got to sleep early last night and I had coffee this morning- which I didn't have yesterday morning- and things are going much better. Did aerobics and restistance training this morning. Now hoping for a good rest of the day. Mr Jacob is at my house this morning with his PawPaw and he has croup. :frown: He's on medication, and is doing much better that he was yesterday, but still coughing some and a runny nose- which, of course, he hates to have wiped. Poor Baby!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I ran a marathon and the Badass Dash obstacle race over the past few weekends - steer you midlife crisis towards participating in rigorous physical activities, it is probably much better for you and your family than buying that convertible Corvette you can't afford or leaving your spouse for that 20-something year old!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Let's...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Roll...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to the 40+ club. If you'd like some motivation or some support, for meeting your fitness/nutrition goals into your 40's and beyond, then THIS is THE CLUB FOR YOU!!
  • Txsteach
    Txsteach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, how do I sign up?
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

bw - Great work sounds like a lot of fun!!

WhataBroad - I am doing full body lifting two days a week and I'm contemplating adding an extra day. Or maybe two is enough?
    In the alternative I'm also considering adding a Kettlebell workout at home for when the weather gets bad and I don't want to go to the gym.

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    I'm 44, how do I sign up?

No signing up- just jump in!!! Welcome!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    awesome roll Beeps!! lol

KellySue - poor guy, hope he's feeling better soon.

bw_ conway - awesome running! lol @ the convertible/girlfriend

1968samuel - I guess it depends on your goals? 2 days full body with strength focus wouldn't hurt but an extra day would be beneficial. A good kettlebell workout would definitely fit in!

brrrrr, was it chilly on my walk this morning! hat, gloves and scarf on... yup, winter is on its way to BC! =)

Got my lifting in after work last night and hit my glutes hard... booty shorts, here I come! =P Active rest day today so that means low carb day too, protein and veggies is on my menu.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    http://summertomato.com/goals-are-for-losers/

^^^ This is what I'm going to try! Building a "system"....I actually am quite a systems-person, so this could be quite awesome! And, my husband is a great systems-builder, so he can be my "collaborator", I think.

This is how I get OUT of the "last 10 lbs" club and into the "lifestyle" club....I might HARP about "inputs" all the time, but I still haven't digested them (and remain focused on the "outputs").

YAY!

I am starting out "my" system with some DATA....I called to book a DEXA (whole body composition) because i PROMISED myself I'd do it for my birthday (which is this weekend).

And, I thought they'd be booking into end-of-November or December. Nope, I'm in TOMORROW morning at 8:20!

Guess my 3-day fasting (800 cals Sunday, 1,000 cals Monday, 900 cals today) was ALL FOR SOMETHING.

Anyways, I'm totally, totally AFRAID. And, I'm going to feel the fear and do it anyway!

I totally don't want it to say 30% bodyfat! I totally know it isn't going to say 20% bodyfat (which is what I am aiming for...)....so, am trying to brace myself that "it's just data" that can be (positively) used in setting up my system!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for rolling the thread over Beeps!!! :drinker: I enjoyed that article. I think I am very close to have set up "my system" after all these years. :tongue: Kudos to your husband for being your collaborator. My hubby is the opposite of me unfortunately and it is very hard to keep it together when there isn't much support. But somehow it has worked for me...Beeps good luck on your test tomorrow!!! I still don't know how you get by with such little eating :noway: I have been pretty hungry lately, that is the reason I have been thinking about increasing my calorie intake.

Welcome Txsteach!! :drinker:

True rest day today...it will be a very active day tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good Morning All! Beeps- read the article, interesting concepts there! Might be looking into it some more.

Today is a rest day for me, but I'll be back at it tomorrow. Just trying to keep calories in check today.

Have a good day!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: I lifted today!! I also teach Zumba tonight. I have my annual Halloween Party, we still work out and have a good time. :flowerforyou: I just had an amazing first meal after my lifting session!!! Sad it is over. LOL stell cut oats with sunflower seed spread and sliced bananas YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also had two hard boiled eggs.

Have a great day everyone!!! :flowerforyou: