• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Physically 51...mentally...18:wink:

Is that you in the picture? :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    roflmao at Alf commenting on muscle-dude....is THAT all it takes to get you back here, Alf??

A great pic of GREAT PECS???!?!!?!??
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! yeah yeah I know!!! Been gone for sooooo long. Well, not that long, since Mar? But you know, it's been tough lately. I am starting to get back to normal and keep on track, whatever that is. LOL

So many new members. yeah!!! :drinker:

So just found out last week that I have bone spurs on my feet, top of my feet. I also have some tissue swelling aroung my left ankle. Not good. Have been "resting" this week so no workouts. I am planning on doing some left lifts and abs when I get home from work, if I can. Nothing on my feet. Anyone here with the same issues? Yikes If it is not one thing is the other. :cry:

I am still maintaining my weight, mostly by eating healthy. I can use losing a few pounds but not much, more for vanity. LOL Oh, by the way, booked my birthday cruise yeah!!! turning the big 50 in Nov so I have to do something special.:drinker:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    roflmao at Alf commenting on muscle-dude....is THAT all it takes to get you back here, Alf??

A great pic of GREAT PECS???!?!!?!??

BEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you??? I am glad you are still here. LOL Read my other post...
  • beachboy12
    beachboy12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me. That pic is a couple years old. I think I'm 48 or 49 there. Not quite as lean (then I was 6%bf) now I'm around 9% but I went on a bulking routine over the winter and put on some extra muscle. Hey, I like to eat! :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alf - that diagnosis SUCKS! Is there anything the dr's can do?? (My husband had his bone spurs SCRAPED DOWN so that he could carry on with activities - it worked!)

Am drinking my green tea, eating not very much, and anxious to get to the gym for a weigh-in. 3 more days until photo-shoot! Am keeping bad carbs at bay (successfully, too - YAY!), keeping hydration high, and keeping calories-in low.

Tomorrow I hope to lift....but, my schedule is turning fairly wonky. 'it's okay - I'm not gonna lose this bod for 1 skipped weight-training day! (But, I need it for the STRESS-RELEASE....)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Here goes, how the heck do you upload pictures to our posts? Can't figure out for the life of me :mad:

Me either!!!

I will be going to my mom's for the holiday. She makes awesome potato salad. I plan to get out there and do some cardio before I go so that I can indulge a bit on Monday!!

Went to the gym today, but have to say that it was tough. I was up several times during the night, once due to low blood sugar, and ended up having to eat something at 3:00 this morning. Hoping the day gets better-- got my coffee in hand as I type!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Alf! :flowerforyou:
    Not sure what spurs are but they sound awful! Hopefully there is something that can be done for you. You teach Zumba, you need to be able to move those feet.

Welcome newbies! Always room for more! :flowerforyou:
    beachbody, if that is you, then I would have to argue - you are not what a "typical" 50 year old looks like physically! :smokin:

Kelly & new- I have added pics, but always forget how. There is a thread that provides a tutorial that I have on my topic list. I will copy and paste the instructions for you.

I did finally get a good run in yesterday, but I am missing the gym big time, so am going to start again, right after this half marathon!

Beeps - good for you for sticking to your routine! You have done AWESOME! :flowerforyou: Make sure you post your pictures again. I really need to get it in my head and just do it! I dislike my body as it is today, so why the heck am I not doing something to change it? :grumble: I need to good kick in the *kitten*. So frustrated with myself today.

Have a staff retirment dinner/party this evening...and I am going to BEHAVE! I don't care that there is going to be homemade pecan pie, am NOT going to eat any. :tongue:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
    2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP
    1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

3) Write whatever else you feel like writing in the space, then click the Post button, and you're done!!

Not too hard, right?

I made this tutorial detailed because I know we have some not-so tech-savvy MFP users. I hope I helped some people!

~MFPfriend
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
  • jlaplount
    jlaplount Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Any work travelers out there? I have 2 weeks where I'll be in Vegas and California. I've gotten into a pretty good routine at home the past 4 weeks and I'm afraid I'm going take a number of steps backwards. Too many free cocktails and there are always too many sweets at these conferences. Then there are those big team dinners with about 3000 calories per plate. I'm thinking of just locking myself in my room after 6pm....

One other question....I saw some comments on knee pain previously. I have a knee that hurts at times...usually after running (I've cut my running WAY back...mostly just walking) and was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on what they have done it the past to improve on the pain. Braces? Sleeves? Supplements? Certain exercises to strengthen? My pain after running is right under my knee cap and sometimes is around the tendon behind the knee.

Great group! Appreciate any comments.
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    . Too many free cocktails

Is there such a thing?????
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - I dunno.....my "make it happen in May" isn't turning out as GRAND as I had expected. I'm up 2 lbs....hope my measurements stay the same ('cause I'm taking them tomorrow). Booooooooooooo.

Regardless, June is "maintenance" - I need a BREAK!

Will do TRX this evening.
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
    2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP
    1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

3) Write whatever else you feel like writing in the space, then click the Post button, and you're done!!

Not too hard, right?

I made this tutorial detailed because I know we have some not-so tech-savvy MFP users. I hope I helped some people!

~MFPfriend
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank You! Will be giving it a try soon. Taking measurements and a progress picture tomorrow!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay, newbeg1ning!!!!!! post pics here!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Any work travelers out there? I have 2 weeks where I'll be in Vegas and California. I've gotten into a pretty good routine at home the past 4 weeks and I'm afraid I'm going take a number of steps backwards. Too many free cocktails and there are always too many sweets at these conferences. Then there are those big team dinners with about 3000 calories per plate. I'm thinking of just locking myself in my room after 6pm....

One other question....I saw some comments on knee pain previously. I have a knee that hurts at times...usually after running (I've cut my running WAY back...mostly just walking) and was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on what they have done it the past to improve on the pain. Braces? Sleeves? Supplements? Certain exercises to strengthen? My pain after running is right under my knee cap and sometimes is around the tendon behind the knee.

Great group! Appreciate any comments.

Regarding your work travels, stay strong!!!! :noway: Perhaps pack some healthy snacks or buy them there. Eat your healthy snacks before going to the dinners. Once there, you dont need to clean your plate either. If it is a buffet choose mostly veggies and lean meats. Set limit on your drinks, allow yourself one or two. I know it is easier said than done especially if they are free. :laugh: Also, take workout clothes and make some time to workout either outdoors or at the hotel gym.

Knee pain, ouch!!!! It is great that you are taking it easy. You might want to get it checked out. I've had that pain in the past, mostly when I was running. I stopped running in 09 after finding out I have a labral tear in my left hip. :cry: Some people wear a knee brace and that helps with pain because it gives it more support. You also want to be sure you are wearing good running shoes and replace them often. I take glucosamine/chondroitin daily, I think it helps me. My husband was experiencing knee pain not too long ago and started taking my pills and the pain went away so he swears by them.

Good luck!!! :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Beeps, are you in another challenge?? I need to be in some kind of challenge. I started already being more serious about my nutrition since I cannot exercise too much right now. :cry:

sdereski, hi!!!!! Dont beat yourself down too much! We all have our days. I am sure you will get back to it soon!!! :drinker:

Have a great evening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't know how cool I am, but I am over 40. I just started tracking on MFP this month, but I am committed to a healthy lifestyle. I enjoy the supportive community and the information I have learned from reading the message boards.

I look forward to getting to know you.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good Morning all,

No workout for me yesterday, but my eating was good. Even managed to get my water in, which always seems to be a challenge for me. Had a retirement party to attend last evening and I stayed away from alcohol and dessert. The meal was a healthy one, as the caterer is cognizant that we are a Family "Health" team. So, we had chicken breasts in a light mushroom sauce (not cream based), wild rice, quinoa, salad and whole wheat buns. Everything is homemade. :happy:

Today, I have a long run to do (last one before the half marathon next weekend).
    Boot camp starts on Monday and I am going to sign up. It offers classes 6 days/week and some of those days are 2x day. :-)
    I need to do something to get me going. If I pay, then I'll make myself attend. It is 4 weeks of classes that ends with participants participating in my Black Fly Run. :happy:
  • beachboy12
    beachboy12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Got a good leg workout today and followed with 30 minutes of cardio.
    I am doing the Metabolic Diet so as of tonight I can carb load for the next 24-36 hours. Whoop!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Had a great weigh in today and my numbers are going in the right direction.

We are going camping this weekend and I hope I will be able to log in on my phone because it keeps me on track. I have planned all of our meals and snacks and there are plenty of good choices for me!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!