Options

Replies

• newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!

helpers - so so sorry to hear about your loss :(

beeps - have fun!

KellySue - OMG!!!! you look incredible, great job, keep it up!

Back to the CrossFit gym tonight, took a break yesterday, my first since last Thursday. Today I lift, heavy! hoping to kill it like Beeps :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I plan to be an 80 year old knockout.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Representing for the just turned 40 club... I use to say LOVINMY30s, now I say LOVINMY40s, those sexy 40s, freaky 40s, fabulous 40s. I am here and trying to stay active and healthy and hoping to successfully reach my goal before years end. ;-)
    Wishing everyone great success on your own personal journeys!
  • cellasky
    cellasky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this and this is my first post. I downloaded my fitness pal 3 weeks ago when my hubby bought me my new iphone for mothers day. Things to know about me, I have an 8 month old little girl and I got up to 201 pounds when I was pregnant, Im only 5'3. Anyway, I have a dirty little habit of smoking...not much..but still, I need to give it up. Anyway, I have lost about 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks eating 1200-1400 calories and killing myself at the gym. Today I ran 3 miles!! The time was 32.11, not great but I have never been a runner. I hated every minute too. Then I did 25 minutes on the elliptical. I am truely trying to melt myself lol. I work out at the gym so I can have a glass of wine in the evenings too. Good luck to everyone! Losing weight is not so easy :( Happy Friday!!
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Heather and I'm in my early 40s ;) Hope I can join in with you all.

Weightloss has been my life-long journey and one I will probably struggle with until the day I die. As of this morning I'm about 50 pounds less than my highest weight. I've been as low as 90 pounds under than number, but unfortunately I've gained a lot of it back in the last few years. I'm up about 20 pounds this year alone and I have to get control of myself.

I notice when I stop using MFP, and journaling my food, the weight just piles on. This year was particularly hard as my office closed last fall and I was out of work for about 4 months. During that time I gained most of that 20 pounds just due to depression and boredom.

I am now re-committing myself to journaling and weighing. I'm on day 4. So baby steps right now. My ultimate goal is to lose about 35 pounds before January. My mini goal is to lose about 4.5 pounds by July 1.

I have no clothes that fit. Was down from a 24/26 to a 14/16 and I'm now solidly in the 18 range. I am full of self-loating and non-motivation. I hate this battle. I am never comfortable in my skin. Never.

Well, that's more than I planned to share, but it's out there. I look forward to getting to know you all. :blushing:
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm 46 (47 in Oct) and have been reading the posts in this group and I would love to join the crowd! Been dieting all my life and will be til I take my last breath! Great info and so helpful to read everything that is posted! Have a good one!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine did not go quite as planned, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. I did make it to the gym on Saturday for a good solid work out. Walked on Sunday and got some sun as well! Good workout at the gym today so the day is off to a good start!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump for stalking fellow 40+ peeps
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    There once was a man from Nantucket....
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I plan to be an 80 year old knockout.

Like this??

fed00b5a-cb03-417a-9139-7d73cf3ec03c_zps18dcc3f0.jpg
    Barbara Eden at 78 :)
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Happy Monday :) Weekend was a little off. A bit of family drama helped with that. Appetite has been off and on and lord help me when it is "on".
    I did pass on plenty of alcoholic beverages and stuck with my water so that should help, I'm hoping. Weigh in on at least went well, lost 3 lbs!!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    yay. happy to find this thread. I saw the one for 50+ but not quite there yet. LOL.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back! I'm tired.....and wouldn't do that fast of a trip, again....I felt motion sick all the way down on Thursday, didn't sleep well any of the 3 nights, felt motion sick all the way back yesterday and THEN, when I finally got home, the valet park at the airport had backed my vehicle into a POLE.

So, had to go fill out an RCMP report before I could even go home....really long day ending with not good news.

:(

Anyway, today I'm going to hit the gym, give lifting a go (likely won't be my strongest performance, ever), and try and get back into the swing of things!
  • newbeg1ning
    Options
    Monday Fun Day!

Beeps - welcome back, sorry your trip ended on a bad note. Kill it at the gym today :)

KellySue - Nice start to the week!

gabbylab - congrats on the 3lb loss!

SpazQ - welcome to where the Cool Kids hang out.

I had a "good" weekend, Friday night went to the gym and tried "turkish get ups" for the first time with a 15lb KB, holy mother!, didn't know how hard those things would be. Started my Whole 30 - 30 day challenge and have to say I felt exhausted, cranky and super hungry all day Saturday. I've decided it was only my mind playing tricks on me as my previous diet was not that far removed except for the occasional hard candy, oats in the am and my string cheese...gonna miss my string cheese :( Anywho, back to the gym tonight, lifting today, can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful rest of the day Cool kids!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    thank you newbeg1ning ... glad I found this thread.

I think the whole30 thing is great to target foods that might cause you problems, unless it makes you crazy. It does make some people crazy.
  • newbeg1ning
    Options
    SpazQ - CRAZY? I don't need any more crazy. Quoting from my all time favorite movie "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here!" - Jack Nicholson ~ As Good As It Gets :laugh:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- I love going away, but sometimes it does seem like we rush everything and then don't really get good results in our bodies. Bummer about your car. :(

Newbeg- good luck with the Whole30. Not sure that I could do it. Too many things that I like that I don't know if I could give up at this point. Don't get too "Crazy"!
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the new people - welcome! So much going on!!!! hard to keep up with all of you active people! I am truly inspired by you all and love to see what you are doing to keep up your health.

All you heavy-lifting mamas....I bow in respect!

I'm completely freaked out - 11 family members traveling here to visit, and will be staying with me for 4 - 5 days. I didn't hit the gym yesterday, but I think stripping and changing linens on 6 beds (including 2 sets of bunk beds) was workout enough....hah!

I'll be cherishing every moment at the gym this week.....

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    newbeg1ning - how did you like the turkish get-ups?? I sure didn't....never got the "form" down right, spent more time trying to figure out *if* i was doing it right than doing it. So, I don't do those, anymore....I have NO time at the gym to WASTE trying to figure out a move!

helpers - holy NIGHTMARE on THAT MUCH COMPANY!!! My husband would love it....I would hate it....and, my nanny would hate it most of all, lol!

The gym went better than I thought. Not as good as most work-outs, but not the lame-st work-out I've ever done, either!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My ex and I split up 13 years ago; I've long since moved on, new marriage, good job, etc etc. But I can't lie that when my daughter called me this morning and said that my ex and his wife (the woman he left me for) have split up and are headed for divorce ... I laughed just a little and thought, wow, isn't karma a b!tch. It was particularly humorous to me because he allegedly believes she was cheating on him, so he kicked her out.

I might be going to hell for it, but it sort of brightened my day just a little bit, even though most of the time, he isn't even on my radar screen (our youngest graduates from high school this week, and it occurred to me recently that now that both our kids are grown, I really have no reason to stay in touch with him at all. I will be raising a glass this weekend in celebration).

My knee is acting all weird, so I haven't worked out in a week, but I'm going to try an upper body lifting session this afternoon to see how it goes. Pretty sure cardio and lower body are out for the foreseeable future though ... :-(