40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Started the weights today and made it through legs and upper body before running out of time- I come in to work an hour earlier on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I don't have as much time at the gym on those days. I have to say, it was tough! I know it will get better with time. The trainer suggested that I drink Whey protein mixed with either water or milk after, but I tried it last night and it was disgusting!!! Anybody have any thoughts?

I did also get in a 2 mile walk last night and 30 minutes on the eliptical this morning.

Have a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Here is my end-of-April photo from this morning (unaltered and in poor lighting)

20130501singleshot_zpsb3200600.jpg

I am between 5'8" - 5'8.5" tall, I currently weigh ~143 lbs, I am 44 years old, a mother of 3 who works, as a professional, more than 60+ hours per week.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Great job, Beeps. I saw the thread with the before pic as well. You have done an awesome job!!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dang Girl! (beeps) you just put 20 somethings to shame, you look awesome!!!! Something to aspire to :)
  • stiggy64
    stiggy64 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Into week 4 of SL5x5 and will post updated stats at the weekend.
    Next week is going to be a nightmare, Monday is a Bank Holiday so I won't be at work, and therefore nowhere near my gym and then I have a day off on the Friday so again won't be near my gym.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay to train at the local gym as I really don't want to break the chain. I find my mind set has changed and I now plan my week around going to the gym, even to the point I arrange my work meetings so I have time to get out.

As I mentioned a short while ago, I dropped my calorie intake down to 1,700 from 2,000 last week and promptly lost 4lb! It'll be interesting to see how this week goes and what 4 weeks of SL has done for my body fat percentage. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy the rest of your week all!

ps - Beeps, you look great :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, all! It's a good day....got my lifting in-and-done and I get to meet a gf for supper tonight.

I have pre-logged their FABULOUS ceasar salad and then, when I get there, I'll still get to choose my entree course.

YUMMY!

stiggy - so glad that your weight loss is moving again - plateaus are SO FRUSTRATING!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am still around, just super busy.
    Got back from the marathon on Monday - which by the way did not go well for me. I finished, but I felt like crap the entire time.
    Had a terrible cough and cold and still have it.
    Tried running today, but didn't do so well - walked and ran.

Tried to do some cleanse days - haven't been too successful, but the food intake has been much less. I need to work on my water intake....BIG TIME.

Beeps - you look fantastic girl!!! Awesome work. I know you have worked so hard for that body. :drinker:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    No work out today. I'll probably sneek in a walk later this evening. I have been feeling tired all week so I decided to wait until later to walk.

Have a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Oh yes, sdereski, I work HARD....diet remains *the* hardest part, for me....work-outs are awesome and I enjoy them, but, lord-y, the diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, tonight I'm doing TRX with my husband!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    Great progress beeps!! I agree with the diet. I can work out all day and love it, but I gotta have some chocolate everyday. I just make sure to keep enough calories for it, and make better choices otherwise.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday all! I got out for a walk this morning before Jake arrived. I am off from work today so that I can take him for his four month check-up today while his mommy is at work. I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow morning for sure and then Jake will be back tomorrow afternoon for the remainder of the weekend as mommy is going to go watch daddy race on Saturday evening. Doesn't bother me in the least- love spoiling my boy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    mrsmark - I do enjoy me some chocolate....probably more like 3 times a week, for me!

Sounds like you'll have an AWESOME weekend, Kelly! wonderful!!

Today, I lift! Last night, I tried (with my husband) my first-ever TRX GROUP class (I've done TRX before, but only one-on-one with PT).

It is SUPPOSED to get up to >20 degrees (celsius) this weekend! The SUN is supposed to shine!

Yes, I have company, but I don't care.....maybe, FINALLY, spring has arrived!

If nothing else, I am wearing capri pants and sandals, today....first time in 2013!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    great times fun days....the wisdom and knowledge i have nowwwww...damnnnn Ice cream chocolate wine cheese beer every day..and getting the body of my dreams...Love me...love being my awesome age! off for a run!
    Kristian rocco
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

Didn't get a workout in yesterday. I made a quick trip to the Soo for an Alzheimer's fund raising event. It was "Ladies Night Out" theme. I lost my eldest brother to a dementia related illness, so this charity is dear to my heart.

Am still battlling this cold and cough and it's starting to get very annoying. Enough already! :grumble:

Have to bake for a bake sale tomorrow, so my evening will be spent in the kitchen...with all of it heading out the door first thing tomorrow morning!

Beeps - I tried TRX briefly and do believe it can be one killer of a workout! It is still quite cold and windy here - it was below zero this morning still. That too is getting very annoying! Enjoy the warmth and sunshine...and send it east!

Kristian - you must be an anomaly because most people I know cannot lose weight eating those foods every day - we end up with the weight issues because of doing that! But....if it worked for you, great! Your book will probably be a best seller as a result, because everyone wants to continue to eat those foods daily and lose weight. :laugh:

Have a great weekend - am hoping to get back into my P90X workouts.:flowerforyou:
  • karmonsears
    Options
    Feeling great Already worked out using Combat DVD. I have more energy and I got a good sweat going. This is day 32 or 33 of the program for me. Giddy with the results and halfway to my goal. Yay! What goals are others working on?
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As you said BrendaLee, I would rather be fit too, but the idea of looking older due to the weight loss is pretty scary in my book too!!
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Newbie here (or oldie, returning from a year long absence)

Diet this week has been spot on. It's all about being Green and Lean here.

Finished a 6 week Boot Camp style training series last week so this week has been light exercise to give the body a break and confuse it a bit.

Sunday starts my next 8 week Boot Camp training series. I'm PUMPED to get started!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, the group TRX class last night was pretty good. Only 6 of us (it could have held 16), so it feels pretty "private". Too much "cardio" for my liking, though. Reminded myself through all the "jump squats", "jump lunges", etc., that I don't need to do the 'jump" part if I don't want to - it isn't military school or anything, lol!

I thought it might interfere with my lifting today, but it didn't....I went to the gym and am back to fibonacci pyramids for a week. 90 friggin' minutes in the gym, today. Ugh. But, my *kitten* is UBER-sore, so yep, my glutes got THE TREATMENT!

Have a great weekend, 40+ club!
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I started a new workout schedule yesterday where I will do Interval training 3 times a week, Cardio twice a week and yoga once at the end of the week to stretch it all out.

My workout yesterday (we started on a Sunday to have an empty gym to try it out and iron out the kinks)

Freehand jump squat: 2 of 15
    2 minute on Row Machine
    Push Press: 3 of 12
    2 minutes of Burpees
    Barbell Deadlift: 3 of 12
    2 minute Treadmill Sprint
    Bent over Barbell row: 3 of 12
    2 minute Box jumps
    Wide grip pulldown: 3 of 12
    2 minute Elliptical sprints
    Stiff Leg barbell bend: 3 of 12
    2 minute side lunge over box step
    Dumbbell rear lunge: 3 of 12
    2 minute Jacobs ladder
    10 stretch cool down

I had anticipated it taking about 40 minutes (minus the cool down) for a 400 calorie burn. It ended up taking us 70 minutes for a 600 calorie burn. Our goal is to get it down to 45 minutes.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Got in 75 minutes of (scheduled) cardio on Saturday morning....and then, yesterday the temp shot up to >24+!!

So, that meant an unscheduled outside walk (90 minutes), plus 40 minutes of biking with my daughter. Neither were UBER-strenuous, but BOY it felt good to be outside!!!