Post Halloween Horror

Options
1235»

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 4oz of water. Nasty but works really well for heartburn.
    But that has sodium in it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I think I made up for all the weight I haven't been losing anyway last night. Chocolate, freezer pizza, chocolate, beer, chocolate, cake, chocolate, bourbon, and chocolate. This morning I woke up with horrible heartburn.

Two questions:

First: is it the toxins in the candy that are causing my heartburn? And if so how do I get rid of them?

And: Since the word "burn" is part of heartburn should I log calories burned?

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
    OMG! All those late night carbs! You should've spaced them out into 6-8 small meals (or more) and revved up your metabolism instead. It might not be too late to do so today. :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    candy corn enema.

it's the only way
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So you over ate. For one day. And you upset your stomach a bit.

You most likely do not have to worry about specific toxins in your food. The body can handle most things really well all by itself. So think about the heart burn next time you're thinking about eating some chocolates, it might help letting them be :) Other than that, don't worry about it, it'll go away again.

AFAIK you don't burn a substantial amount of extra calories when you have acid reflux. The stomach makes litres of that stuff on a day, so that little bit it's making extra now won't help much.

Bless your heart.

ETA: I hear tell that apple cider vinegar stuff works wonders. Drink a liter of that and get back to us OP.

I'll try that but leave out the vinegar.

Good call. I had a few of those last night...Angry Orchard...and while they did nothing for my A/R, they made me not care about it, so win.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    candy corn enema.

it's the only way

This sounds preferable to eating it...

...vile, pseudo-candy.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I think I made up for all the weight I haven't been losing anyway last night. Chocolate, freezer pizza, chocolate, beer, chocolate, cake, chocolate, bourbon, and chocolate. This morning I woke up with horrible heartburn.

Two questions:

First: is it the toxins in the candy that are causing my heartburn? And if so how do I get rid of them?

Thanks
    OMG! All those late night carbs! You should've spaced them out into 6-8 small meals (or more) and revved up your metabolism instead. It might not be too late to do so today. :drinker:

Yes. I broke many rules.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    candy corn enema.

it's the only way....

... to tolerate candy corn.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I was actually a good girl last night.:blushing: Had a volleyball game, home to 3 pieces of pizza and very little candy.

I was actually a good girl last night <
    i do not think this means what you think it means....

however I was NOT a good girl last night....but the costumes survived the wreckage for another go tonight.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I was actually a good girl last night.:blushing: Had a volleyball game, home to 3 pieces of pizza and very little candy.

however I was NOT a good girl last night....but the costumes survived the wreckage for another go tonight.

Um.... ewww.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Two questions:

Thanks
    It's ok. You can set your clock to a different time, because your body goes by what the clock on the wall says.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Two questions:

Thanks
    It's ok. You can set your clock to a different time, because your body goes by what the clock on the wall says.

I'm going to do this when I get home.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Um.... ewww.

Not eww! Strong work!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Bacon cleanse.

This. Seriously.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    It's one day of indulgence, just drink plenty of water today and take some heartburn tablets, you'll be fine tomorrow. Also try drinking milk, that tends to help.

I don't always drink milk, but when I do, I add bourbon, eggs, nutmeg, sugar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cream.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This!!!
    It's one day of indulgence, just drink plenty of water today and take some heartburn tablets, you'll be fine tomorrow. Also try drinking milk, that tends to help.

I don't always drink milk, but when I do, I add bourbon, eggs, nutmeg, sugar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cream.
  • Mr_Boy
    Mr_Boy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Water, water with lemon and more water.
    I don't think ingesting MORE acid is the answer to having excess stomach acid?
  • sjohnny
    Options

grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Water, water with lemon and more water.
    I don't think ingesting MORE acid is the answer to having excess stomach acid?
    Not to take away from the levity of the thread, but surprisingly, it can. Adding more acid can signal the stomach to shut down the proton pump. I just take ranitidine but I know people who take a shot of real lemon.