ETA - nonstopper... please live up to your name! :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Today I lift!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Happy November cool kids! I see you have all been working hard!

I hope you all had a super fun Halloween!

I got my hubby battle ropes and kettle bells for his B-day! I did Jillian Michaels 30 min work out with a 10 lb bell! Holy crap! 2 days later and I am still sore! lol

The ropes are total fun even the kids can do them!

Take care everyone and have a great weekend! xoxo

Chelle
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!

Beeps - happy lifting!

princessofredrock - sounds like you shocked your muscles with that kettlebell!!

I indulged in the candy last night, just 124 in the red so I'm good with that. I got my lifting in this morning, supersets!! Tacked on 3 extra rounds to my HIIT afterwards, just for good measure from last nights said indulgences. Today is a busy one at work, month end crap and typically, I snack as I am getting things done. This IF schedule is messing with my head. must. resist. =)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Busy few days, but I can finally see things slowing down - finally. I feel like I've been rushing around since summer. Whew!

Beeps - NO WAY are you 32.7% body fat!! :noway: If you are, then I am totally 50% or more. I've never heard of DEXA, so am going to look into that. Wow. Was totally shocked when I read that. After all the work you do, the lifting, the fasting, it just doesn't seem to fit.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am way up. I know I have not been drinking my water of late, but this is ridiculous. So, once again, I am in start over mode. UGH! Am going to also reintroduce my weekly fasts...they worked for me.
    Am home alone this weekend...I've told myself that when I feel like filling my face, I am going to head outside for a walk. I live on a beautiful beach, so the beach walk will be my treat.

Wishing you all a great weekend!
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    56 even cooler than 40s
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    56 even cooler than 40s

BAM! Sims I totally agree after looking at your pics! Awesome job getting in and keeping yourself in such super shape!
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Oh and beeps I know you have worked hard but I'd get another BF opinion! lol You look to great to be that range!

I have a confession.......... I tried to eat back some of my exercise cals. It brought me to a stall then a gain! I am too embarrassed to put up what I weigh! lol

I have gone back to eating 1200 but now am stuck. Prob because I was sick for 3 weeks and did not exercise as much. I still have cough and congestion but feel better at least!

My hubby the Dr has a plan for me to get my metabolism moving again. Stricter diet and a few other things! I will keep you all posted!

So don't feel bad Sdreski I am right there with ya! x

Thanks WB! I am sure I did! If I could do it without coughing lol I would do it again! Think I am just gonna walk it today!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    WhataBroad - I had a good lifting session, today...my 2nd try at a "10-to-1" repetition series - WAY more shoulders, only 2 of the exercises were lower body!

sdereski - the DXA is "good data". It is accurate. It is what it is. I am moving to more of a "systems" approach to my fitness/nutrition lifestyle and AWAY from a "goals" approach and hopefully, 1 year from now, I will repeat the DXA and it will be <25%. That means I have 1 lb of bodyfat to lose, every single month, and hopefully I will put on 1- or 2- lbs of lean body mass in the same 12 months.

The DXA wasn't "wrong"....it just wasn't what I had "expected" and that's okay. I *do* have very good bone density and THAT is a REALLY GOOD THING!

Have a great weekend all you fab 40+ 'rs....it's my birthday TOMORROW - so please wish me a HAPPY ONE!

:)
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    In for all the hot moms :wink:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 45 - so does that make me cool enough for all you cool kids!?! :happy:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I completed the 75 minute Halloween Boot Camp-Boxing challenge and I can see how much my stamina and strength has improved.

I am team captain of the 8 week holiday fitness challenge at work and I fully intend for us to finish before the posted schedule. I gave my pep speech today.

What plans do each of you have in place to ensure you do not gain weight during the holidays?

Happy Friday everyone.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    have an AWESOME bday Beeps!! your arms must be tired!! =) I was actually looking at a pyramid workout on FitnessRX and may have to introduce it to my routine.

welcome wjstoj and tannyb =)

caramelgyrlk - that's awesome to see an improvement, that's what this is all about right?! fitness challenge at work sounds great, what kids of things are you doing to promote it?

my plan is to keep doing what I'm doing and not stress about it... I've got many holidays ahead of myself! =)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps~ have a great birthday tomorrow!

Spent the day with my grandson, Jake, today. Had to go for a re-check on the croup and to get the second half of his flu shot. All is good and he is doing much better. He wasn't a happy camper during the exam, but had a great day otherwise. We played cars and built with blocks!

I got a walk in after Jake left. Another shopping trip with my mom tomorrow. Hoping to put a big dent in my Christmas shopping. Have a great weekend all!
  • lrdavenport23
    lrdavenport23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. .
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    TGIF! It's been a super busy week at work today. Had a hard time getting through my HIIT class this morning, but I did it, and felt much better for the rest of the day (once I got my overwhelming hunger under control). Even managed to avoid the leftover Halloween candy in the office, although to be honest I did have a Kind bar, so that's definitely on the sweet side of things....

Beeps, have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    See you in Nov......
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and will be starting to do leslie sansone walking off the pounds.Hopefully Ill be ok with the 2-3 mile walks.Had been doing zumba once a week need something more frequent.Glad I found this site !