French fries
    Hamburgers
    Burritos
    Happiness
    Soda
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much cut out Starbucks/Caribou Latte type things. Some combo of cost and really not being able to justify 200 + calories for a drink. I'll get one occasionally still, but no where near what I was getting.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Milk. Not worth the calories, since we buy whole milk for my son, and I don't drink it often enough to buy skim for myself.

And soda. But I never really liked soda all that much to begin with. Now I almost hate it.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Chips, juice and only have 2oz of pasta once or twice a week.

Juice...I bought some of the 3oz paper bathroom Dixie cups. If I want juice, that's it. Works for me.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nutella. It is the only t hing I have banned myself from.

Because an opened jar is an empty jar.

:embarassed:
  • Alisonb8
    Options
    I've just re started MFP this week so at the moment I've cut out the silly things I was eating and drinking. Milkshakes and ice cream are my problems but it's amazing what typing them into a calorie checker will do for my appetite for them. I put a Friji milkshake in my basket the other day, tallied up calories and put it straight back on the shelf. Eek!
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I eat anything in moderation. I even work in some McDonald's fries just for the heck of it every once in a while! LOVE THEM!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Pasta, Rice, Bread and Potatoes. I limit a lot of other things as well. I have had a very small amount of rice in a sushi roll and at a few celebration meals I have had dessert. I don't drink juice or soda, but that had been for years before I committed to my new nutrition plan.

I don't do recreational eating any more. It is just not worth it to me.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have given up wine!! I love it so much but I can't stop at one glass. It turns into the whole bottle and bad eating choices. One day at a time. I have an obsessive personality so for me, it is all or nothing.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pasta and sliced bread. I just don't feel the need for either of them anymore. I've replaced sliced bread with bread buns and sandwich thins and I just don't really want pasta in my meals unless I have a ready meal for lunch before work or something.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about "banned" foods or "bad" foods here. I'm wondering what, if anything, have you stopped eating because once you started counting, you found you didn't like it enough to spend the calories on it.

Potato chips! Pizza & deli meats, greatly reduced. Bacon also gone. They either make it difficult to meet macros inside calorie budget, or are overloaded with sodium.

Conversely, it's great to have thick, dark bread back in the mix, along with rice and pasta! All in all, a fair exchange.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I havent really cut anything out altogether but I have cut back on some things. I eat pasta and bread much less often. Especially bread... I eat pasta a few times a week. Eggs maybe 1-2x a week at best. I had originally cut eggs out almost all the way bc I needed to get my cholesterol under control, now that that is in check I am working them back into my diet. And diet soda I cut way back on as well.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious.

I'm not talking about "banned" foods or "bad" foods here. I'm wondering what, if anything, have you stopped eating because once you started counting, you found you didn't like it enough to spend the calories on it. No right or wrong answers :)

For me: Potato chips and juice. Meh.

Chips and juice were the first two things to come to my mind as well.
  • tarsandman
    Options
    nearly all processed foods all other foods strictly monitored for portion size
  • None. I just try to keep under my calorie goal. I have cut down on pasta though. And I'm trying to stop eating white bread.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    I went to chinese buffet... Went crazy... Now I'm drinking 3 icehouses; two glasses of wine... Don't care... I made big PR on 2 mile run today... 13:51... Will.... Diet.... Monday.... And.... Monday.... Means..... Never........... .................. ..................
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Ice cream, diet coke, juice, milk, yogurt that isn't greek, ketchup/barbecue sauce
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Juice and fast food.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Fast Food & Soda
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Like many who have responded in this thread, I haven't completely eliminated anything at all. The biggest change is probably that I used to drink a ridiculous amount of juice, and now I drink mostly water. I actually eat more chocolate now than I used to! "Chocolove - Almonds and Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate (3.2oz bar), 1/3 bar". Those 159 calories are 100% worth it to me, and on an almost daily basis! :laugh: