maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options
Little bit of background: i am 20 years old, 5'10 and starting weight was 405. history of PCOS and high blood pressure.

i track my weight weekly. and one week ill lose 1 pound and last week i gained 14!!! i even double checked the scale. i couldnt believe it.

i have been on my TOM for 5 months straight!!! horribly heavy flow with tons of clots. tmi i know but im concerned. i do not have insurance and noone in my area will take self pay patients!!

ive gone thru 10 packages of pads of 28!! thats 280!!

i am so weak,tired, and feeling very depre2ssed lately. i have been eating amazingly, fresh veggies and salmon, chicken,etc and i drink upwards of 15 glasses of water a day.

but i am still gaining at an alarming rate and now my feet are so swollen that i cant wear shoes.

i havent been able to go to work the cramps are so bad.

i know you are not doctors but is there anyone out there who has experienced this or have tips or anything????

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I would definitely see a doctor, 5 months? Thats crazy
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to see how you can find a doctor either way.. This sounds scary and we can't really tell you what it is.. Could be a number of things :|
  • violette37
    violette37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are uninsured and cant find a doctor. Have you tried your local county health department, or social services? I am afraid that you could wind up in the hospital sooner or later. Please find a way to get some medical attention. Your symptoms sound serious.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    go to the hospital, that's what they're there for.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you should be telling your physician or nurse practioner this, not random people on the internet. the last place to get accurate advice is this forum. but this is accurate, that is not normal and you need to schedule an appointment with some type of medical professional.

best of luck.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Please go to the ER. They have to treat you.

I don't usually condone people randomly going to the emergency room, but this sounds serious. Could you be pregnant?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.[/i]
  • keem88
    Options
    try to find a free clinic, or a teaching hospital. a lot of times you can get free care of very cheap care from teaching hospitals if there are any in your area. or check yourself into the emergency room and deal with the bills later. your health is more important.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.

^^^This.

Sounds like you are retaining a lot of water. Results of this can become VERY serious if not treated quickly. Calmly go to the ER now.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If the hospitals in your town do not take/treat uninsured patients, go to a larger city and go to a hospital emergency room. Your body has multiple issues happening and you need to get help. Any county hospital, teaching hospital or community hospital can not turn you away. Private hospitals just have to make sure you are stable enough to leave.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Go to the emergency room ASAP!
    They can't turn you away!
    It sounds very serious!
    GO!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I would definelty go ASAP to get checked out. that's not normal. check and see if your emergency at the hosptial has a charity progranm, its based on income and cover 100% of the cost. Keep us posted
  • keem88
    Options
    local health departments sometimes offer free/cheap clinics. based on your financial situation you may qualify for public health assistance even if it is just temporary. have you checked webmd at all just to get an idea? if you wait to seek medical attention though it's gonna end up costing you a lot more in the long run then getting it treated now. sounds like some crazy internal bleeding, it could very well not be a period at all...
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes EMTALA. Go get checked. I'm sure your H/H is low and could need a couple units.
  • Cordelle
    Cordelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You said that your husband is a youth minister for a church, is there a doctor he knows that wouldn't mind if you asked him for advice? It isn't normal, you definitely need to be seen by somebody. If you're in the US, is there a planned parenthood near you? They do things on a sliding fee scale. Good luck, and get some medical attention asap. :)
  • KariBear7
    KariBear7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE ER!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    GO TO AN EMERGENCYROOM!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I would try to get in to the ER. The 5 months of bleeding is bad enough, the sudden water retention sounds scary as well. That could be serious. Please check back in with us.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Little bit of background: i am 20 years old, 5'10 and starting weight was 405. history of PCOS and high blood pressure.

i have been on my TOM for 5 months straight!!! horribly heavy flow with tons of clots. tmi i know but im concerned. i do not have insurance and noone in my area will take self pay patients!!

i am so weak,tired, and feeling very depre2ssed lately. i have been eating amazingly, fresh veggies and salmon, chicken,etc and i drink upwards of 15 glasses of water a day.

i know you are not doctors but is there anyone out there who has experienced this or have tips or anything????

yes. you have to see a doctor. there is no other option. I experienced out of control menstruation for 2 years...the blood loss lead to iron deficiency, which made me tired. and the excessive bleeding made me afraid to leave the house (not to mention I ruined almost all of my clothing). Between the fatigue and the isolation I became incredibly depressed. Unfortunately...one of the things that can lead to this kind of issue is excess weight (i was about 300 lbs). It messes with our balance of hormones, which in turn screws up everything from menses to mood.

I can't say that what worked for me will work for you, because I do not have PCOS but...I went on the pill. Birth control pills regulated my hormones and I'm not exaggerating when I say I began feeling better within a week. It took a while until I got the rest of my health issues in order, but the bleeding stopped, and that allowed me to work on everything else.