30 Pounds By Christmas 10wk challenge Part 2!

Options

Replies

• Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I tried the Kashi free sample mentioned by another MFP peer (thanks:flowerforyou: ) .
    It was the ripe strawberry cereal bar. It was good very filling.
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Found it!

Anyone have any good advice on how you get all your water in daily?

I've been keeping a bottle w/me all the time w/extras in the car. Good luck!
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Started out good, got up around 7am and got two of my kids to come w/me on my walk. They road their bikes. Yesterday I found out that the 45 minutes of time I thought I was walking was really 34. So today I walked for 50 and walked a few more blocks. (I'll measure it by car soon)

Here in San Diego, CA we've been having rain off and on. So this morning it was wet, not to wet though but it felt good to walk in the cool air.

I had my usual Saturday out w/DH, it was fun. We went to a Chinese Buffet for lunch, I was really good and made some excellent choices. I walked out of there full..not suffed. :flowerforyou:

We did buy a seat for my bike, I hope that we'll be able to put it on tomorrow!! I so want to ride!

Yesterday was not a good day (at my weakest time of the day, late afternoon), one of my kids came into my room w/a small bag of chips... next thing I knew I had 4 bags myself :explode:

I will be/do better
    I will be/do better

:bigsmile:
  • ashleyy0608
    Options
    Found it!

One mistake I used to make is that I would be away from home for hours at a time and I wouldn't drink any water during that time because I didn't have any with me. Now I make sure that I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me- at work, school, when I'm driving, etc. Also- I used to hate the taste of water and sometimes just for flavor I buy Lipton Green Tea to go packets, I think it tastes really good and it's 0 calories. They also have Crystal Lite packets in a lot of different flavors. For me it makes it really easy to get 8+ glasses in, I don't even miss drinking pop anymore. Hope that helps! :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    A quick update.

Well, my water goals are slipping a little. I have drank a lot a water in the past couple of weeks and needed a break..ended up drinking soda/juice/coffee/milk instead but currently trying to get back on track with my water intake to at least 8 cups or more a day.

I have been under my calories, sometimes I don't eat all my exercise calories. I have been very active each and every day walking, as well as doing indoor workouts right here in my home...burning 900-1000 calories at a time. I have lost 3 pounds since joining in on this challenge. That's it for my update, I will update again in a couple of days letting you all know on my progress. I did weigh in friday, and learned that I broke the 200 pound mark! and weigh again on Monday. :)
  • ashleyy0608
    Options
    Today wasn't so great.. I planned to spend the day bike riding on the trails with my boyfriend, but instead I've been feeling so sick. I think I might have the flu. :( I didn't do any real exercise, managed to get a lot of cleaning/laundry done though because I was so bored! lol But that's the most activity I could log for today. I was also 300 under my calorie intake because I couldn't eat, on the flip side I drank 12+ glasses of water. Hopefully being sick won't affect my weigh in on Monday- going to try and get in some exercise tomorrow!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    With the kids playing up (got up @ 6am) & all the noise I ended up having my breakfast 3hrs later. I have just realized i was going to weigh myself this morning, I might do it but it won't be spot on.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is so hard for me to keep up with this thread! I'm looking forward to week 1 weigh in on Monday. Today, I stayed within my caloric guidelines but didn't get in all of my water. I'm sick, so are 2 of my daughters, and my son... so I was at the mercy of others when it came to food (Zaxby's, Pizza, and Jello that my 5 year old brought me to bed). I did record every single morsel though so I think I'm doing ok so far. One thing that has been lacking is exercise but I cannot help that right now... I can barely breathe and exercising would send me over the edge. We're running 103+ fevers, coughing, etc... but chest xrays are clear- so are ears, and throat... "mystery illness" is what we're calling it now so hopefully it will run it's course faster...

I have 5 kids so we've already been down for the count for a week and 2 of them, plus my husband, have yet to get it. Four of us have it currently- one of my 8 year olds started today, day 5 for my son, and day 4 for my other 8 year old.... day 4 for me.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Found it!

I prefer the taste of purified water so I buy bottled... I also prefer it at room temp (I'm a weirdo)... Walmart sells 20 oz bottles. I take out 5 of them a the beginning of the day and label them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 with a magic marker... it helps me as I drink them and toss the bottle that I only have 2 more, 1 more, etc. I easily get in 100+ a day with this method.
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I prefer the taste of purified water so I buy bottled... I also prefer it at room temp (I'm a weirdo)... Walmart sells 20 oz bottles. I take out 5 of them a the beginning of the day and label them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 with a magic marker... it helps me as I drink them and toss the bottle that I only have 2 more, 1 more, etc. I easily get in 100+ a day with this method.

Thanks... I may try this method.
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    Today is going better than expected for a Sunday. Did 10 minutes of Yoga this morning and even though that only burned a couple dozen calories it still felt good. I'll probably do some sit-ups later tonight to at least get some more exercise in for the day.

Calories are going good. Only have a little over 300 left, but with the exercise I should be good.
    Still have to work on water though.... It's hard to get 10 glasses a day in, I usually end up with about 6 or so. But water is the key to losing weight, so if I want to get slimmer I'll HAVE TO drink my water. I'll just keep repeating this to myself, see if it works :)
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm getting ready for church, but I have to share some news real quick. I started MFP in January at 291 pounds. I lost 30 in the first 3 months, but from April til now I have been fluctuating between 261-265. I weighed in this morning and FINALLY broke 260! I am at 259.4! That's exciting for me anyway!

Have a great day!!!

Karen
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ok so I made a mistake.... At the begining of the week i was 261 and some odd ounce... and my weight in today was 259.5 so about 2.5 loss or so... yesterday was not a good day... but its over with and today is a brand new day.... have a great day
  • 2kmom
    2kmom Posts: 12
    Options
    Taking the kids to the movies today. To avoid the popcorn and other goodies, I packed myself a cup of multi-grain cheerios, added some craisins and almonds and just an ounce of my favorite ghiradelli 60% chocolate chips. Let's see if it works!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Day before weigh ins...... Whew.... We made it through the first week ! (almost!)

Of course, I wake of this morning and good ole mother nature has brought me her monthly gift ! Splendid... GRRRR... Right before weigh in day!

Oh well,

hahaa... I've got to make sure I get my water in today!

Wish me luck!

Tausha
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Found it too!
    I am kinda looking forward to tomorrows weigh in! I started Insanity this past week and wow....let me just say I think that it gives me the kind of intensity that I needed! I was stalled on my weight loss for about 3 weeks and now it seems to be starting again! YAY!!! LOL
  • janeam
    janeam Posts: 16
    Options
    Way to go! That is great. Every milestone should be celebrated. That is how we make our goal.
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Thanks Posh for helping me find part TWO!

My MFP journey has been on PAUSE for quite a while now - I moved from MA to CA and have JUST began to get back into any sort of routine.

I am really really really excited to be back and need to be in this 1000%! My mom and I were great motivations for eachother when I lived back east, but now that I'm on the West Coast, I know it will take a LOT more effort on my part, and I hope to meet some of you and help motivate eachother!

Here goes week one... again :)

<3 Cate
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Found it!

I have an "Intake" water bottle that I use at work it has a ring around the bottom that says 1-6 and I can track how many of them I have that way. I use that bottle at work and then when I'm at home I use a couple of little bottles. They only hold about 16 oz. but I find it easier to drink several of them that way.

Yesterday, was a HORRIBLE day but today has gone MUCH better so I think it will be okay.

Today I have drank over 13 glasses of water. I also got in 105 minutes of exercise (I might have been a little excited about trying out my new HRM, lol) and am thinking about some light stretching, etc. later.
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in......do I just come back here and post?

SW before MFP 306 lbs.
    Started MFP 258.1 lbs.
    10/25/10 ?? hopefully 2 lbs

Christmas W 228...fingers crossed