maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    dr said i have diabetes and an irregular heart beat that they are Still testing. not good :( girl dr said guy dr was very wrong for trying to send me home. also she did an ultrasound and i have 7 cysts between the two ovaries and one the size of a grapefruit! she performed a d &c. could be in hospital for a couple of days. so glad i stuck up and demanded for a second opinion!!

Wow, it's so good that you reached out for advice and support and went back to the hospital and that you were prepared to ask for another doctor. I hope things will begin to improve for you now that you have treatment and diagnosis.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    type 1

I have been a registered nurse for over 25 years and that is some serious stuff you've been diagnosed with.
    Diabetes, arrhythmias & cysts in and of themselves need immediate intervention.
    The three together would leave me a bit rattled too.
    Glad you are getting the care you need.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    dr said i have diabetes and an irregular heart beat that they are Still testing. not good :( girl dr said guy dr was very wrong for trying to send me home. also she did an ultrasound and i have 7 cysts between the two ovaries and one the size of a grapefruit! she performed a d &c. could be in hospital for a couple of days. so glad i stuck up and demanded for a second opinion!!

Sooo glad you went back and stood your ground! Knowing what's wrong is the first step to getting better. That other douche-doctor needs a reprimand! If you are type-1, you will have to work with them on getting control of your blood sugars since consistently high BS will tear down vascular system affecting the heart and kidneys among other things.

Stay strong and ask lots of questions while you are there. Don't let them drop the ball on anything sweetie! Keep us posted!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.[/i]

You're not going to last long if you don't.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Seems strange and leaving stuff out. Blood work was fine last week, but now your H/H is suddenly low that you need a couple units? And new diagnosis of type 1 DM? Your H/H shouldn't have dropped in a week after months of bleeding. Also, diabetes doesn't just show up after a week. It would have shown on the CMP last week.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Seems strange and leaving stuff out. Blood work was fine last week, but now your H/H is suddenly low that you need a couple units? And new diagnosis of type 1 DM? Your H/H shouldn't have dropped in a week after months of bleeding. Also, diabetes doesn't just show up after a week. It would have shown on the CMP last week.

I believe she stated the other doc did not treat her very well and did not do much.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry that it turned out to be multiple serious things, but it's good you stuck up for yourself and are getting the treatment you need.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    You need medical attention tonight. Right now. I'm just a dumb paramedic but you need medical attention soon and don't take NO for an answer!

Paramedics aren't dumb, just crazy.
    I'm married to one :wink:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You have diabetes or your levels are high? I thought they take time and several tests over a period of time before diagnosing. Sorry about the other stuff. I've had cysts on my overlies that were causing spotting.
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Menorrhagia is the term used to describe menstrual bleeding characterized by heavy flow and/or prolonged duration. Heavy flow lasting more than seven days but occurring with regular monthly periods may be normal for some women. However, menorrhagia is a symptom, which is usually the result of an underlying condition.

Menorrhagia is often associated with:

irregular menstrual periods
    passage of large blood clots
    menstrual bleeding that soaks through one or more sanitary pads or tampons every hour for several consecutive hours
    disruption of a woman's usual lifestyle activities
    pain in the lower abdominal area during a period

Possible causes of menorrhagia include:

hormonal imbalances (especially estrogen and progesterone)
    anemia or blood clotting disorders
    fibroids, cysts, polyps, or tumors of the cervix or uterus
    certain birth control devices (such as an intrauterine device — IUD)
    pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
    abnormal pregnancy (a miscarriage, for example)

But I'm not a doctor. That's just some stuff I know. It's best to go to the ER or something for medical care.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    hey guys. i went to er. same dr as before and he said its just water retention from my period combined with my weight. and im anemic but to just take iron pills. i got so furious and demanded another dr. and finally got one and it was a female!!and as soon as that dr saw my feet and heard about the weight gain she admitted me. theyve been running tests and giving me.a couple units. ill update when i get more info.

Thank God! I am sending hugs and healing energy your way.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I'm so glad you stood up for yourself and demanded a second opinion. None of these issues are things to be taken lightly, especially untreated. They should be able to help you learn how to manage your diabetes (is this a new diagnosis or was it something you have been coping with long term?) as well as arrange for treatment of your cysts if at all possible. *hugs*
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself and get better :) I've always found that just knowing what's wrong (or mostly what's wrong) can ease up most of the stress and make you feel a lot better. Hopefully having a competent doctor will help get this all straightened out for you.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You did the smart thing and you're in the right place. Time to relax, rest and be taken care of. xx
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options

yes, I found this a bit strange also
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, so glad you stuck up for yourself and demanded another doctor. Sorry to hear you have diabetes, but great to know that you at least know that now, so you can get help with this. Sorry to hear about the other problems too, sure hope they can get you all treated and well again.

Take care.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The other thing I find a bit weird is the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. Now generally young people with this diagnosis lose lots of weight, not gain! Type 2 is probably more accurate. I notice from an earlier posting by the OP that she was once on metformin (used to treat tyoe 2 diabetes) although apparently also used to treat PCOS. The OP took herself off this medication. I am also interested in learning whether the pulmonary embolism/congestive cardiac failure worries manifested actually were proven? At any rate, with her history of continuous menstruation, I am glad she is getting her gynae problems sorted and perhaps with the change in lifestyle advocated by this site she will also (in time) sort out both the diabetes and the pcos...good luck with your goals, OP :smile:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I've been reading this thread throughout the weekend, and I'm glad you've gotten the help you need.
  • hstnljean
    hstnljean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :happy: glad to hear you are got help hope you get better soon :flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you managed to see a better doctor than the first jerk! How could he be so dismissive of your serious conditions? Idiot!!
    I hope you get your conditions sorted out and are able to return to good health. :flowerforyou: