So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

Replies

• JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Ditto on juice - MAYBE I'll use some if making a punch or something, but I won't sit down and drink a glass of it!

Most fast-foods. Still like a McDonalds regular hamburger from time to time, but not the super greasy stuff (used to love sausage biscuits - now they make me ill!).

Flavored coffee creamer....I now add some almond milk and a tablespoon of chocolate protein powder. No sugar and a protein bang to boot. Still tastes rich and yummy!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    You don't want to know. I have to follow a very restricted diet for the time being until my medical conditions goes into remission (which I am hoping is soon since my pain is very well managed atm and seems to be decreasing daily). Look up the interstitial cystitis (or IC) diet. It is depressing.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Cereal- Would eat it every day, twice a day in college and could never ever stick to the serving size.

Pop- tarts- I know a lot of people on here eat them but I cannot eat just one, and even with eating two I am still hungry in like an hour. 400 calories for me down the drain.

Chips/ cookies/ bagged snacks- While I will eat chips at a party, I don't keep them in the house for the same reason as most people on here have said, I can't stop myself from eating more than the serving size when I start eating them

I also have not been super successful on my weight loss journey, and I should mention that I do treat myself to "off limit foods" when I'm out with friends or something like that. It's just on my usual daily diet I don't tend to include certain foods, not because of their lack of nutritious value, but because my lack of restraint when eating them.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    too much
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Soda. It's too sugary for me now, I can't handle it.

Ditto with most candy, too. My mom gave me some of a Snickers bar a week or so back - it used to be my favorite snack. Now I just can't deal with more than a bite.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Pablum. It's a texture thing.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    I stopped eating fast food and stopped drinking soda.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 778 Member
    Salad dressing & coffee creamer!
  • Soup aha, bit of a weird one - just I don't like soup that much to allocate a large chunk of my sodium intake towards it
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Fast food and I am super happy about it :)
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    bad/mediocre pizza (occasionally the pizza hut pan gets above "mediocre" but not often)

bagels/muffins - because they have the nutritional profile of donuts/cupcakes and aren't frosted/iced/creme filled

bad/mediocre french fries - double blanched and/or battered only

gas station "cappuccino" drinks - used to pound a 20 oz for 400 calories every morning that i stopped for gas
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    I have stopped eating cookies, chips, candy, fast food, fried food and processed food as much as possible. I try to eat small portions of the foods I do eat. I have not been successful in giving up pop, its the one vice I've kept, although I'm working on it.

Its not that I will never have those foods again, cause I have and I will. Its just that I'm not willing to mess up my calorie counts or my macros in order to have them. I find I feel better, have more energy and I'm losing weight by doing this. It works for me.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    I've stopped drinking 1-2 20oz bottles of pop daily. I now only have pop once or twice a week, because I realized that the 300 calories in the bottle of mountain dew could be better 'spent' on something much more enjoyable
  • I don't visit fast food restaurants. At all.

Ditto. The smell they pump out of McDonalds etc makes me wonder wtf. It used to make me think "Yum!" Nowadays, it just smells chemically.

AMEN! I no longer have the urge to spend money on mediocre food prepared (mostly) by teenagers who don't give a crap.
  • melonydw
    melonydw Posts: 3 Member
    Takeout coffee, the cream was a killer! Granulated sugar (mostly), and less carbs. But i haven't 100% cut anything out, just using proper portions and making better decisions. And virtually no takeout food. Occasionally is ok but the realization that I have to work harder to burn it off is enough to make me not want it, and when I do I go for the "healthier" option.
  • Soda and fast food, great thing is, now I don't even like them, to many other better things to have!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Regualar Soda for the most part. I will still have one occasionally if I'm having one of my days that I don't feel like eating enough. Oh honey buns... completely give up honey buns.. and Cream cheese filled croissants :sad: i miss those
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Nothing but I have cut back. Let's just say I eat a whole lot less spicy Doritos and Coke but I haven't given either up :)
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Fast food and Dr.Pepper.
  • No pasta and no fast food if at all possible. There are occasional slip ups.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Cinnabuns. When I did Weight Watchers, they were 16 points so I never had them.

I was stuck in an airport for eight hours one day and decided to treat myself and it did not taste as good as I remembered. SO not worth the calories.

But anything I truly enjoy, I will make room for at least every once in a while.
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Not stopped eating anything, like my food and wouldnt stick to being 'good' if I had to give up too much.
    Massively cut down on cheese, pasta, bread, alcohol and portion sizes though.
  • GBPack93
    GBPack93 Posts: 76 Member
    Soda, mayo, dressings, butter, things that don't fill you up or add very little but pack a lot of calories. I'd rather not eat that kind of stuff and eat ice cream or something.
  • sparklegirl59
    sparklegirl59 Posts: 18 Member
    Diet Pop
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    'White' foods (non-wholewheat or grain bread, pasta, rice etc). Was never really into fast food anyway but I don't eat that either. Actually, bread in general - I love it but it's so easy to eat half a loaf + butter if there's a toaster involved.

Edit: I keep thinking of things I cut down on since I moved. Big switch over to skimmed milk, olive spread instead of 'real' butter...simply because I'm buying my own food and I'm more likely to make lower-calorie choices if I'm buying it myself.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Juice, I guess it's not a NEVER anymore juice ever, thing, but. I rarely drink juice now. If I use all those calories on juice! I will have trouble hitting my protein macros while staying with my calorie goal
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Dairy and Cheese
  • I have stopped eating the foods that I can't control myself with- Doritos, popcorn, chips and queso.....
  • sabur
    sabur Posts: 13
    Pretty much anything from our nasty cafeteria that I don't know the nutrition facts of...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Diet pepsi and diet cola sure are bad news hey! I started having one glass with the odd takeaway (I figured it was better than all those high calorie sodas they offer) but now I have a glass or two every day. I tried giving it up for a while, but somehow got back onto it. Unfortunately any artificially sweetened beverage is just as bad, so looks like water for me from now on!

I'd been drinking diet soda since CHILDHOOD and finally gave it up. I don't really miss it, which amazes me. However it has also not accelerated my weight loss nor do I feel any different/better. I am super frugal so the biggest benefit to me is not spending several bucks per week on a diet soda 12 pack. That buys me a nice packet of salmon or the best yogurt.