Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I had a PB Poptart last night. I may have saw God.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this can't be a serious post...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Lighten up Francis. She's not dealing meth to children.

oh no it is much worse, this person is peddling in SUGAR...!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    you sound like a real ( ) nut job. stay out of your friends life and mind your own friggin business. it is not
    your place to police the whole damn world and your not the first fool to think that sugar is the devil. i hope she tells your
    where to stick your carrot your highminded uptight righteous attitude.

This is not supportive! Aren't we all here for the same reasons?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    you sound like a real ( ) nut job. stay out of your friends life and mind your own friggin business. it is not
    your place to police the whole damn world and your not the first fool to think that sugar is the devil. i hope she tells your

haters-gonna-hate-moonwalk-with-shopping-cart-gif.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Baked carrots with sugar and chopped pecans. Yum.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

To pass our Health Risk Assessments for reduced healthcare costs while expanding out gif collections?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

I can't tell. If this is a troll job, mad props to the OP, it is as good of one as I've ever seen on MFP!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    for the record pastry and sugars do not make people fat...overeating on food makes people fat...
  • cadburybun
    Options
    Don't look at me. I am a drug dealer and a gigolo. In my spare time I am working on the manufacture of handguns with grips to fit 5 year olds.

I'm appalled that someone would resort to such a career choice as to fatten up the public. It's a disgrace. They could enter a much more honorable career field like I have.

This is really, really funny. Totally worth the first post just to get to this one.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I can't tell. If this is a troll job, mad props to the OP, it is as good of one as I've ever seen on MFP!

agrees..this one might hit epic status...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

im here for the wang
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Also, Pop Tarts arent pastry!!!

Says who?

geyW9wG.jpg?1

There are pumpkin pie Pop Tarts?! :love:

2cd19a55-0fb5-4b02-aeb8-5989202f3e6e_zps0e002baf.jpg

Only at my house, in my town :wink:

This is what's immoral. Buying up all the pumpkin poptarts and not letting anyone else have them.

cage-gifs-dealwithit.gif

so,

what do I have to do to get some?
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow ... way to be a downer ... I'm a fitness professional (and I went to culinary school) and I am actually contemplating opening a patisserie/gourmet soup and sandwich place (emphasis on local ingredients, high quality, preferably organic ... healthy options available, stuff for gluten free, vegan, etc.) with my sister-in-law ... I love food and I love to workout (Sprinting and running is my passion ... I'm a Pilates and yoga junkie too), it all balances out ...

ETA: Yes, there will be cupcakes, with LOTS of frosting (butter, cream, SUGAR! .. Cream Cheese ...) YUM!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    for the record pastry and sugars do not make people fat...overeating on food makes people fat...

but only bad food...It wants you to be fat calls you fat taunts you. Pastry especially is bad food because it tempts you with it's golden brown, flaky goodness. Tells you just one little bite no one will know then BLAM! caught by your husband with pastry's cream dripping down your face.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

im here for the wang

So.. Yes then.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Why would you rain on her parade? Lots of people eat pastries regularly and don't have weight problems, i.e. the entire population of France. I actually know several pastry chefs (I live in a town with three culinary schools) and none of them are fat.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Here is the situation I’m currently facing and I don’t know what to do.

So I have a friend who announced that she was moving into a new profession. SHE IS BECOMING A GOURMET PASTRY CHEF!

So everyone is congratulating her on this big step in her life and all I can think is…WHY!? So she will be preparing pastries and directly contributing to the obesity epidemic in America. ...

I got this far before I stopped caring.

I know you're trolling, but I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say anyways:

I bake like a mo-fo and I lift like a boss! In fact, I LIFT WHILE I BAKE. And i'm not an obesity epidemic, nor are my loved ones who eat my baked yummies because yummy food isn't the problem.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    De-friend immediately and have her sociopath tendencies evaluated.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I believe in taking responsibility. People need to take responsibility for what they eat. And people who bake delicious, irresistible food need to take responsibility for their actions as well. I live in a small town. There was a woman here who baked award winning pies. We bought her a bus ticket out of town, and everyone lost like a hundred pounds. RESPONSIBILITY!!!