Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How is she going to be contributing the obesity epidemic? She isn't going to tie people down and force them to eat her pastries. Is she?

I would be very said if there were no more pastries in the world. I think you need to lighten up and congratulate her.

Hey, if they ask for it....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Are you actually for real?! Your friend is not shoving too much food down people's throats, we all have choices to make regarding what we eat. Who doesn't love a nice pastry treat, we just can't eat them all the time. Someone else would get the job if she didn't, so how about actually being a friend and being happy for her.
    You could say the same about meth manufacturers and dealers.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    How terrible someone seeks to learn a craft so they can be gainfully employed.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It starts with "pastries," and it eventually gets out of control and turns into one of these situations where someone's kids are lured to a candy house.

PhvnEjU.jpg

Save the children!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OMG.

LMFAO.

YOU DID NOT.

You must be the pastry chef. Shame on you! Shame!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    You could be like that lady who passed out "you're too fat" letters to trick-or-treaters... Oh wait, that was a hoax.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: <---crack pastry.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Don't look at me. I am a drug dealer and a gigolo. In my spare time I am working on the manufacture of handguns with grips to fit 5 year olds.

I'm appalled that someone would resort to such a career choice as to fatten up the public. It's a disgrace. They could enter a much more honorable career field like I have.
    I bet you also make disguises for weapons, like this one that allows a 5 year old to walk around with a shotgun, but people just think, "hey that kid just has a cold, so there's nothing to worry about."
    m3.JPG
    :noway:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    badtroll/10
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    How is she going to be contributing the obesity epidemic? She isn't going to tie people down and force them to eat her pastries. Is she?

I would be very said if there were no more pastries in the world. I think you need to lighten up and congratulate her.

Hey, if they ask for it....
    *raises hand*
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    So, since she's moving into a new profession as a gourmet chef, she's the problem? Nope. People are not forced to eat the food. Anyway, what does it matter? Be happy for her.
  • pastryari
    Options
    OMG.

LMFAO.

YOU DID NOT.

tumblr_mk46ietEJv1rijbg1o1_500.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OMG.

LMFAO.

YOU DID NOT.

tumblr_mk46ietEJv1rijbg1o1_500.gif
    KMUqbQX.gif
    tumblr_lh5u31BMkR1qg64aho1_500.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    You should kill her to save the others. It's the right thing to do.

Killing is a bit extreme. You should do two things: Throw all the party treats in the garbage before the rest of your coworkers can do irreparable harm to themselves by eating them. Then smash her hands with a hammer. Can't make pastry with broken hands.

No. Broken bones heal. I advocate for chopping off her fingers.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I'm going to entertain that you are actually serious. People can eat pastries and be a healthy weight, in fact if she is actually going to be a pastry chef and she makes good money she probably will be serving well to do people who are more likely to be in shape.

Average obese people do not go to a fancy pastry shop to eat fancy unique pastries, they over eat on cheap accessible garbage that's widely available in every supermarket and fast food joint. Think back, how many times did you actually make a trip to a pastry shop to get as heavy as you used to be? I'm going to bet with 99% certainty it wasn't trips to fancy pastry shops that got you there. That's a huge myth: "fat people got fat by eating fat sugar filled fancy pastries and cakes from the pastry chef". Its the 10 for a dollar sugar sale or 3 for a buck candy bars at the checkout, 12 dozen donut deals, cheap pies and pastries, etc etc etc, at the supermarket that got people there, and she wont ever make them because these are pretty much made by machines and she just cant compete with that.

If you could force people to eat her pastries instead of cheap easily available stuff, you may even be helping people...most cant even afford to eat enough from a pastry chef to maintain their intake levels. And if you can fit it in to your diet responsibly, why not have a pastry now and then?

At least she's not going to damage people even more by getting a legal degree or going into finance on wall street or the insurance industry or working for Monsanto... :P With your logic, these are all much much worse.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    you are joking right?? please tell me you are joking
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Please send all the evil pastries to me. PMing you my mailing address...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of her leg right at the bottom. She'll never make pastries again, because her weight displacement goes back, all her weight is on her right foot, and she'll push everything off to the right. She'll never make anything even with the rolling pin. She'll quit her job.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    No food is bad. Desserts do not make people fat. People eating too much make people far.

Your friend is not "contributing to the obesity crisis". Many people eat pastries without putting on weight.

Chill out. You are overthinking this.

Maybe you're right. Some people don't have the metabolism to eat that stuff ya know?

And for the people joking I appreciate the laughs, and maybe you don't understand, but I really am conflicted about this.

And to those saying I'm a bad friend...What? And you got that from one post? You've never disagreed with someone's decisions and stayed friends with them? Wow and I'm the judgmental one.
  • pastryari
    Options
    You should kill her to save the others. It's the right thing to do.

Killing is a bit extreme. You should do two things: Throw all the party treats in the garbage before the rest of your coworkers can do irreparable harm to themselves by eating them. Then smash her hands with a hammer. Can't make pastry with broken hands.

No. Broken bones heal. I advocate for chopping off her fingers.

269.gif
  • pastryari
    Options
    What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of her leg right at the bottom. She'll never make pastries again, because her weight displacement goes back, all her weight is on her right foot, and she'll push everything off to the right. She'll never make anything even with the rolling pin. She'll quit her job.

shocked-gif.gif

Bullies, all of you!!