Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I believe in taking responsibility. People need to take responsibility for what they eat. And people who bake delicious, irresistible food need to take responsibility for their actions as well. I live in a small town. There was a woman here who baked award winning pies. We bought her a bus ticket out of town, and everyone lost like a hundred pounds. RESPONSIBILITY!!!

LOL!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Don't look at me. I am a drug dealer and a gigolo. In my spare time I am working on the manufacture of handguns with grips to fit 5 year olds.

I'm appalled that someone would resort to such a career choice as to fatten up the public. It's a disgrace. They could enter a much more honorable career field like I have.

This is really, really funny. Totally worth the first post just to get to this one.
    Yessssss
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm100pEkE31qcuufwo1_500.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Wow ... way to be a downer ... I'm a fitness professional (and I went to culinary school) and I am actually contemplating opening a patisserie/gourmet soup and sandwich place (emphasis on local ingredients, high quality, preferably organic ... healthy options available, stuff for gluten free, vegan, etc.) with my sister-in-law ... I love food and I love to workout (Sprinting and running is my passion ... I'm a Pilates and yoga junkie too), it all balances out ...

ETA: Yes, there will be cupcakes, with LOTS of frosting (butter, cream, SUGAR! .. Cream Cheese ...) YUM!

and for this you shall burn in hell....
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Your friend is basically Hitler.

This is my vote for #1 reply
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live in a world without pastries...
    And part of my weight-loss plan is to occasionally really savour something truly delicious, like a gourmet pastry, instead of just eating chocolate etc all the time. So :p to you and your high horse!
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish I knew a Pastry Chef! My life would be complete.

This thread is immoral. Now I HAVE to leave so I can buy some pastries! Look what you forced me to do.
  • tracklyf
    Options
    She's doing what she loves, nothing wrong with that. And you don't have to eat it.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    In for sugar, pastries, and OMG POP TARTS! Especially that deep fried one!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How I eat my pastries:

6C7537999-tdy-130523-cronutblocks_desktop_medium_zps47326bc0.jpg

Step 1: eat 550 calorie Cronut
    Step 2: run 8-10 miles and burn 800 calories
    Step 3: still lose weight

Pastry chefs don't make people gain weight. People not being accountable to themselves makes them gain weight.
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious, this is so ridiculous. How is being a pastry chef immoral or unethical? Get a grip. You know what is one cause of obesity? Eating TOO much of sugar. It's alright in moderation and our body is used to eating sugars. Do you eat fruit? If you do, then you take in sugar.
    Also, other countries such as those that are in Europe and pastries are a big thing, they have LESS of an obesity problem than we do. Actually they are much healthier. Why? Because they live on a mediterraen diet and then have sugar in moderation.

Moderation is the issue. Not pastries. Goodness, you are not a very good friend.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    kxl2C6S.gif
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious, this is so ridiculous. How is being a pastry chef immoral or unethical? Get a grip. You know what is one cause of obesity? Eating TOO much of sugar. It's alright in moderation and our body is used to eating sugars. Do you eat fruit? If you do, then you take in sugar.
    Also, other countries such as those that are in Europe and pastries are a big thing, they have LESS of an obesity problem than we do. Actually they are much healthier. Why? Because they live on a mediterraen diet and then have sugar in moderation.

Moderation is the issue. Not pastries. Goodness, you are not a very good friend.

You may have a point there.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you are serious. People get fat because they eat too much food and don't get enough exercise. Don't try to place the blame on somebody else.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Joanne Moniz?

Is that you??
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Are you being serious?

People CHOOSE what they eat, and if they choose to eat unhealthily, that's their prerogative. If parents of children are not educating their children and adults aren't educating themselves, that's on them.

It's about moderation. I enjoy a good pastry now and I've lost almost 40 pounds!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Wow...So I get back from the gym...You know my weights class and spinning and bettering myself...And still more ridicule and jokes. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with honey and an apple. I supposed I should have swapped my healthy option for a sugar filled donut according to these responses

Can you just try to understand my side? Some "support" site. Maybe I should i have posted this in motivation and support or something. Again I'm not talking to those that were serious.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is funny!

gif.gif
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    How I eat my pastries:

6C7537999-tdy-130523-cronutblocks_desktop_medium_zps47326bc0.jpg

Step 1: eat 550 calorie Cronut
    Step 2: run 8-10 miles and burn 800 calories
    Step 3: still lose weight

Pastry chefs don't make people gain weight. People not being accountable to themselves makes them gain weight.

So thats a cronut?? Gotta try one!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    No one gets fat eating gourmet pastries. Except maybe rich people. And they can fend for themselves. I made me fat. I don't think chefs of any kind are unethical