Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Salute to the OP...a total joke turned into almost 300 replies. Awesome !

From OP's profile :

On the forums I enjoy helping people and making people laugh equally. If i offended you at any time allow me to apologize. I can almost guarantee it was on accident. Also, if i posted something that you found clever or humorous, please feel free to let me know. After all, it is my love language and an artist always likes to know that his work is appreciated :)**
    Why would you try to ruin the fun?
  • psychdlc
    psychdlc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should dump your friend immediately. It's the best thing. For her.
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I actually AM a pastry chef and I find this whole thread a little hilarious. Anyone who has actually been to culinary school understands that pastry chefs are artists, not murderers. We take our craft quite seriously and the quality of what we produce is IN NO WAY remotely similar to the GMO and HFCS-laden garbage sold at most supermarkets.

I am also a pastry chef, have been for the last 6 years. I make what people buy and don't feel one bit sorry about it. Go to France and Germany or Belgium and there's sweet shops on every corner. Nobody is dying from it. We've lost personal responsibility in this country and we have too many people sitting on their collective *kitten* surfing the net. How butthurt would you be if she went to work flipping burgers at Ronnie the Clown's steakhouse? Fast food is bigger killer than pastries, well maybe except for Dunkin Do. I worked damn hard to perfect my craft. I am good at what I do and make nice bank doing it. I studied nutrition and food science to make sure I did things the right way. I got out of 25 years of IT and into chef work, because I could make more money and work less hours for less dumbass people. Get over it.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I read all nine pages of this thread... Couldn't stop thinking about delicious, mouth-watering, succulent gourmet pastries... Binged on about 4,000 calories' worth of Pop-Tarts and other evil sugary wages of sin. Now I'm gonna gain 10 pounds overnight.

Ryry, you sick *kitten*. This is all your fault.

It seems like you are joking...but this is kind of my point. Nobody goes into a pastry shop and eats half a pastry when they are addicted. They typically lose control and binge. What is wrong with thinking that preventing that is a good idea?

Make sure to unfriend car sales men (and women) , bus and taxi drivers, people that make cars and busses and trains and jets ... they all keep you from walking to the places you need to go ... because that is just so evil and prevents you from getting your exercise in and heart rate up so that you won't get obese ...

BLÖDMANN
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I actually AM a pastry chef and I find this whole thread a little hilarious. Anyone who has actually been to culinary school understands that pastry chefs are artists, not murderers. We take our craft quite seriously and the quality of what we produce is IN NO WAY remotely similar to the GMO and HFCS-laden garbage sold at most supermarkets.

I am also a pastry chef, have been for the last 6 years. I make what people buy and don't feel one bit sorry about it. Go to France and Germany or Belgium and there's sweet shops on every corner. Nobody is dying from it. We've lost personal responsibility in this country and we have too many people sitting on their collective *kitten* surfing the net. How butthurt would you be if she went to work flipping burgers at Ronnie the Clown's steakhouse? Fast food is bigger killer than pastries, well maybe except for Dunkin Do. I worked damn hard to perfect my craft. I am good at what I do and make nice bank doing it. I studied nutrition and food science to make sure I did things the right way. I got out of 25 years of IT and into chef work, because I could make more money and work less hours for less dumbass people. Get over it.

Good grief. You actually expect people to get over you working in a profession that actively contributes to obesity, diabetes, and heart disease? You are no better than a common thug who murders the people he mugs.

You are a monster.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

From OP's profile :

On the forums I enjoy helping people and making people laugh equally. If i offended you at any time allow me to apologize. I can almost guarantee it was on accident. Also, if i posted something that you found clever or humorous, please feel free to let me know. After all, it is my love language and an artist always likes to know that his work is appreciated :)**

SSbei0K.gif
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options

From OP's profile :

Well sorry...but the sheer number of people who are taking this so serious is laughable.

tumblr_m4ddk0h0ny1rszvpto1_500.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

From OP's profile :

Well sorry...but the sheer number of people who are taking this so serious is laughable.
    So?
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Go to the party, put rat poison in every pastry, after everyone is dead (they were going to die anyway) she will see the error of her ways and you can stay friends.
  • whierd
    Options

From OP's profile :

So?

Yeah, it is kind of the point.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I read all nine pages of this thread... Couldn't stop thinking about delicious, mouth-watering, succulent gourmet pastries... Binged on about 4,000 calories' worth of Pop-Tarts and other evil sugary wages of sin. Now I'm gonna gain 10 pounds overnight.

It seems like you are joking...but this is kind of my point. Nobody goes into a pastry shop and eats half a pastry when they are addicted. They typically lose control and binge. What is wrong with thinking that preventing that is a good idea?

Make sure to unfriend car sales men (and women) , bus and taxi drivers, people that make cars and busses and trains and jets ... they all keep you from walking to the places you need to go ... because that is just so evil and prevents you from getting your exercise in and heart rate up so that you won't get obese ...

BLÖDMANN

Calling people names in other languages isn't much better than doing it in english....
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options

From OP's profile :

So?

ah...you got me there.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad choices, and refusing to accept responsibility is why I, at least, am still fat."

But I guess I don't need to say that now. Nice trolling, OP. You certainly had ME wondering.

And I'm tweeting the Criminal Minds writing staff suggesting they profile an unsub who firebombs pastry shops / murders chefs because he holds them responsible for his obesity. :D

Edited since I keep hitting the reply button by accident before I'm done.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

BLÖDMANN

I can go run on a treadmill. I can get into my car, drive to the gym and run? How is that the same thing? Also, did you even read my replies? She is still my friend. And very mature for your age on the name calling and calling me an idiot.

Seems pretty unverständig if you ask me.
  • whierd
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad cho

We got fat because food companies have pushed their sugar laced devil food on us for decades now! If that food didnt exist then none of us would be fat. Gun crimes do not exist when guns are banned. Obesity doesnt exist when sugar laced foods are banned.

Duh
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I got fat because Taco Bell sent an employee to my location every 3 hours for ten years to literally shove a grilled stuft burrito and a cheese quesadilla down my throat, lubricating my gullet with a liter of Mountain Dew.

Best ten years of my life.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad cho

We got fat because food companies have pushed their sugar laced devil food on us for decades now! If that food didnt exist then none of us would be fat. Gun crimes do not exist when guns are banned. Obesity doesnt exist when sugar laced foods are banned.

Duh
    Science and logic.
  • whierd
    Options
    I got fat because Taco Bell sent an employee to my location every 3 hours for ten years to literally shove a grilled stuft burrito and a cheese quesadilla down my throat, lubricating my gullet with a liter of Mountain Dew.

Best ten years of my life.

I miss Mountain Dew.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

BLÖDMANN

Calling people names in other languages isn't much better than doing it in english....

I did the English name calling already ... thought I throw in a public service and provide name calling ideas in other languages ... apologize ... Entschuldigung ... :-) ... I am keeping with the theme of the whole thing here ... and yeah I know, why bother if I think it is just so darn stupid ... but then again, why not
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That is very Judgy and Jerk-y of you. Fine pastries aren't the problem- sure desserts are high in fat, but they are a part of the joy of life. I think pastry chef is an awesome job. She has to go to school and get educated, and she will make wonderful treats that people will eat, or overeat by their own choices. That takes effort and talent on her part, and she deserves congratulations.

Now if she was going to go be a chemical engineer for Monsanto, or got a job pulling fingernails off of monkeys, or something else that actually HARMS people and animals, feel free to judge her for it. :noway:

Meanwhile, I'll appreciate my occasional pastry, and log it as part of my calories.