Starting C25K abyone want to join me

Options

Replies

• derbygrrl1500
    Options
    Southernbelle,
    Oops, Am just now reading this. Sorry, girl!

Let's do day one tomorrow (Mon) solo, then we can do Tuesday night at the park. Would that work for you? I will already be in town because of my class at the university.
  • derbygrrl1500
    Options
    Smadag,

Hi! I'm going to start tomorrow (Monday) as well. Good luck to both of us! I'm already scared of trying again and still not going through with it this time to completion. I will def need this accountability.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do W1D2 today but I have done something to my back this weekend. Can barely walk let alone jog. I'm so bummed. :sad: So I will take it easy til it feels better and then hit it hard again. Will still keep checking in though. Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I was supposed to do W1D2 today but I have done something to my back this weekend. Can barely walk let alone jog. I'm so bummed. :sad: So I will take it easy til it feels better and then hit it hard again. Will still keep checking in though. Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:

Hope you feel better soon!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W7 tomorrow of the C25K program. I love it and never in my wildest dreams thought I could do it! Running has never been a favorite with me, but I just kept doing this program, bit by bit, and I've grown to love it! I think the good thing about the program is that it breaks it up into nice little segments. I tried doing it the other way, by just telling myself to run a little bit more each time, and I got discouraged when I couldn't do a significant amount more the next day.

I'm sure you will love it as much as I do!

L.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    That's great to hear!
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks amandar910. I don't know whats up but I get this back thing like once a year. It would have to be now! I'm very excited about this c25k program. I won't give up. I just need to wait til it feels better. I'm not sure if I didn't stretch enough before my Day 1?? And it was the first time I'd been on my treadmill since last winter. I've walked outside all summer. Not sure, but I'll hit it hard again when I can. Can't wait!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I just finished W1D2. I really focused on my breathing, and that felt better, but it was harder on my body today. For D!, I did it on level ground. For D2, the track by my work is very hilly, so that was an adjustment. All in all, D2 was a little easier than D1. So that is positive. I am going to do D3 on thursday. Hopefully it will be even better than today! Hope everyone else is having success!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 is done!!!

It wasn't as hard as I was expecting either. I even did an extra 5 minutes. :)
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    AmandaR- Great job! It is good to hear that W2 wasn't as bad as you thought. I wish I had been more active during my pregnancies. That is why I am in the situation I am with my weight. Congrats!!!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    W3D1 is in the bag!!! 30 min; 1.88 miles, 1 mile reached at 15:20
    The first 3 minute run nearly killed me but i pushed through! the 90 seconds was cake, the 2nd 3 minutes another killer, but I added a 2nd 90 second after, to get to a total of 30 min (before the 5 min cool down)

For those w/ mp3 players: HIGHLY suggest dling a podcast for each week!! just google C25K podcasts :D
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    W3D1 is in the bag!!! 30 min; 1.88 miles, 1 mile reached at 15:20
    The first 3 minute run nearly killed me but i pushed through! the 90 seconds was cake, the 2nd 3 minutes another killer, but I added a 2nd 90 second after, to get to a total of 30 min (before the 5 min cool down)

For those w/ mp3 players: HIGHLY suggest dling a podcast for each week!! just google C25K podcasts :D

Great job!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did W1D1 as soon as I got up today so I couldn't make any excuses. I am going to do something tomorroew just so I can keep my motivation going. I will either do weights or ride my bike not sure yet.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did W1D1 as soon as I got up today so I couldn't make any excuses. I am going to do something tomorroew just so I can keep my motivation going. I will either do weights or ride my bike not sure yet.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Great job!
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    Great Job smadag!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm doing Week 2 Day 2 in the morning!! Never thought I'd be excited about it lol.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm doing Week 2 Day 2 in the morning!! Never thought I'd be excited about it lol.

Done!!

I'm definitely not able to do much more than brisk walking/slower walking lol, but I feel great and it's definitely getting easier for the faster speeds.
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    W3D2 today!! Wish me luck! The 2nd and 3rd day is always harder than the 1st for me! LOL!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join you guys. I was not planning on doing any other exercise except walking but since there is the group support here I will give it a shot and perhaps I'll do better than last time. In the past I have started but never completed the C25k plan.

It's the middle of the week so I could be a bit behind from you. I will fit in a run this evening for W1D1. Wish me luck.