Girls: Bra size after weight loss?

Options
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much my cup size will shrink once I've lost the weight. I know it's a silly question but I'm really curious about it and I'm hoping some of you ca tell me your experience. I'm currently a 38DD and I weigh 211lbs(at 5'5"). My goal weight for now is 160lbs. What can I expect?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I was a 40D and I'm not a 36C, so they went down a bit.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If memory serves, I was wearing a 44DDD at my heaviest. I'm now wearing a 36DD. As with any other measurment changes, it's all about genetics and how/where your body stores fat. Some women don't lose much in the chest area and some lose a lot.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I was a 38DD, now a 34D/32DD so quite a bit with a 45lb loss. 190 (27 BMI) - 145 (20.5 BMI).
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I was about 140ish at a 34DD and after a 20 lb loss I wear a 32DD.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    I was 36ff now 34f and hoping to go down a little more
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It's quite impossible to say due to genetics and all that jazz.

I was always top heavy growing up so I really didn't lose THAT much. I was wearing 44G at my highest. After 65lbs I'm down to 36 DDD. The last time I was at my current goal weight (at 19) I was about this size so I don't foresee losing too much more. Maybe another couple in the band and 1 cup which will put me at a size that I can actually buy in a normal bra store (Hurray!)
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    There's really no telling. You'll have to go in for a bra fitting after you're at your goal weight. Most women wear bras that are the wrong size. Most gals with a larger bust tend to wear a larger band size than they should, because those band sizes have the cups with adequate volume, unless you go to a specialty lingerie shop with larger cups in smaller band sizes. So when you're at your goal weight, you might be a 34E, or you might be a 36DD, or a 32F, who knows? You'll have to see. Or your breast volume might decrease more than expected, and you'll be in the "department store sizes". Whichever size you end up, make sure you're buying the correct bra size, and make sure they're adjusted properly for your body. The band should be quite snug, if it feels like it's just sitting on your skin, you need to go down a band size (and up a cup size, or two…).
  • rosemary98
    Options
    prior to weight loss (140 pounds and 5'5.5''), I was a 34 DD. after 40 pounds lost...i am a 29/30 DD. could be a D if I allowed the band to be bigger than my measurements.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I lost 22lbs and went from a 36D to a 34D, so the cup size actually didn't go down (although I'm smaller since the D cup in a 34D is smaller than the D cup in a 36D).
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was a 38D at 180-190, and now I'm a 34C at 150, they got a lot smaller, but then so did I, so its worth it :)
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started out as a 38 DD at 187. I now wear a 34DD at 148.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 178lbs to 140 and I went from a 38C to a 34C. It totally depends upon your own body though.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I started at a 40C and am now a 34D (yep, went up a cup size). I come from a top-heavy family, though, so my breasts did not shrink that much.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hard to say - you might have some idea if you've seen mammograms of yourself. The breast tissue won't be going anywhere. The fat is fair game.

Keep in mind that if you drop a band size and go up a cup size, that means your breast size did not change (or at least not much).
    34C == 32D == 30DD (and so on)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    i like boobs
  • rosemary98
    Options
    Hard to say - you might have some idea if you've seen mammograms of yourself. The breast tissue won't be going anywhere. The fat is fair game.

Keep in mind that if you drop a band size and go up a cup size, that means your breast size did not change (or at least not much).

I was trying to convey that as well. women's breast are composed differently. some women have very dense breast tissue (more fibrous...others don't.) I haven't googled this, but my understanding is if you have more fibrous breasts--you have less fat tissue there. In losing weight, one with less dense breast tissue may be more prone to losing fat in the breasts (along with other places on their body, of course).
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    what....what did you all do with the old ones?
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh man.

At my highest weight in 2005 (170ish) I was a 36D, at my lowest weight in 2009 (110) I was a 32 nearly A. Now I'm at 150 and back to a 36D and hoping as I lose my boobs won't get THAT small again. I don't mind them being smaller than they are now, but being a NEARLY A was a little traumatizing for me.

It really depends on your genetics though. Smaller boobs run in my family. Your bust size -will- shift a bit, but it's not the same for everyone.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sadly they may not go down at all. I went from a 42 E to a 38 F...but now my boobs are long and flat...:(
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

I think this is the only thing that has made mammograms even remotely appealing. I'm curious now, but still pretty unwilling based on how much my mother hates them. Won't needs them for a while anyway - 26 year-old, no history of breast cancer.