maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hope you are doing ok and finally getting some results.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.

^^This^^ and with ACA you can apply for medical assistance through you local office. Clearly you have medical problems. Go to the ER and they will tell you how to apply in the billing office. Good luck!
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hope you're doing better.

Just wanted to say I've been through a similar type thing with having my TOM for 2-3 months nonstop. I don't recall weight gain associated with mine, but I really wasn't checking back then.

Long story short I ended up having several non-cancerous uterine polyps that they had to go in and surgically remove via D&C.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Was checking to see if you had updated. Hope you are feeling better!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! I've been through that long of bleeding before...my thyroid was all messed up, plus I was diagnosed with anemia. Still, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hope you are doing better and have went to the doctor. That would be scary!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    So happy that you not only went to ER, but that you stood up for yourself and demanded to see another doctor!! Great going!! Type 1 diabetes, though rare in adulthood is possible. When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the doctor told me that due to auto immune disease issues he felt I was actually a type 1 diabetic, but that treatment is what is important, not which type you have.

Also, the first ER doctor told her that her hemoglobin and hematocrit were ok, he most likely only ordered those tests, not a complete blood panel. So hooyah to the second doctor, who obviously took her job seriously!!

Is she giving you lasix to get rid of the extra fluids? I sure hope so as that will help you feel so much better!!

I am so happy you are getting treatment and although things will seem overwhelming at first, they will get better!!! Hugs and prayers for an unhampered recovery and regaining your strength and feeling better!!!

Thanks for all the updates!! Let us know how things go!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

You don't owe anyone here an explanation. Take care of yourself - glad you got answers.

This! Good for you for insisting on a second opinion.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So happy that you not only went to ER, but that you stood up for yourself and demanded to see another doctor!! Great going!! Type 1 diabetes, though rare in adulthood is possible. When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the doctor told me that due to auto immune disease issues he felt I was actually a type 1 diabetic, but that treatment is what is important, not which type you have.

Also, the first ER doctor told her that her hemoglobin and hematocrit were ok, he most likely only ordered those tests, not a complete blood panel. So hooyah to the second doctor, who obviously took her job seriously!!

Is she giving you lasix to get rid of the extra fluids? I sure hope so as that will help you feel so much better!!

I am so happy you are getting treatment and although things will seem overwhelming at first, they will get better!!! Hugs and prayers for an unhampered recovery and regaining your strength and feeling better!!!

I seriously doubt that the physician only ordered an H/H. There are protocols to follow and tests needed to rule out different diagnoses. Nobody knows what really happened and they should stop congratulating her for getting a second opinion. Just because the 2nd physician admitted her doesn't mean it was necessary. This happens all the time. We admit patients after they repeatedly come back to the ER. Is there something wrong, yes. Could it be treated outpatient, possibly. Is it an emergency, not likely.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

I seriously doubt that the physician only ordered an H/H. There are protocols to follow and tests needed to rule out different diagnoses. Nobody knows what really happened and they should stop congratulating her for getting a second opinion. Just because the 2nd physician admitted her doesn't mean it was necessary. This happens all the time. We admit patients after they repeatedly come back to the ER. Is there something wrong, yes. Could it be treated outpatient, possibly. Is it an emergency, not likely.

Just to clarify: what are your credentials?
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Was just checking to see if we got any more updates and accidentally clicked on her profile - she has deactivated her account.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options

this frustrates me....she was bleeding for 5 months, and its nothing??? not an emergency??? sounds like a doctor that told a co-worker that had an awful pain in his stomach, he had it for a few days and finally went to see his doctor, they didn't even do anything but told him if it got worse to come back and sent him home, well not even 2 hours later he passed out and had to be hauled into the ER with severe bleeding from with-in. Now this guy wasn't the type to just go in for every little illness, but his doctor treated him as such, why is that Doctors seem to not want to listen to us??? they hardly do any kind of exam and when we go in with something that we have had for awhile, they tell us, well if it doesn't get better in a week or two, come back...what the heck....we are here now, do something, its already been a week or two...

I'm glad this girl did stick up for herself...there are some good doctors out there that will listen...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Was just checking to see if we got any more updates and accidentally clicked on her profile - she has deactivated her account.

Yeah, what's up with that? :(
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    OP, how are you today?
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I wanted to send her, the OP a message to go to the hospital

THE ORIGINAL POSTER DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT............???????????
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I wanted to send her, the OP a message to go to the hospital

THE ORIGINAL POSTER DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT............???????????

Read the thread, even just the last page... she did go to the hospital and got a diagnosis
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Why would she deactivate the whole account though?
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wants to start again without all that "history" following her around maybe? I hope she's OK
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Because it was completely made up. You cannot bleed that heavy for that amount of time without bleeding to death.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you should be telling your physician or nurse practioner this, not random people on the internet. the last place to get accurate advice is this forum. but this is accurate, that is not normal and you need to schedule an appointment with some type of medical professional.

best of luck.

I take it you didnt read with the intention of helping. You just read with the intention of replying.

OP, go to the hospital mama. They have to see you. Good luck xo