Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think your stand is ridiculous and stupid OP

Nothing worse than zealots - whether it be about religion, food,whatever.

If you are joking, it s not a funny joke - kind of defeats the purpose of a joke if people don't recognise it as a joke.
    No. No, it doesn't.
    I'm finding this entire thread quite funny and entertaining, personally.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

If you are joking, it s not a funny joke - kind of defeats the purpose of a joke if people don't recognise it as a joke.
    No. No, it doesn't.
    I'm finding this entire thread quite funny and entertaining, personally.

QFT
    No thread goes 19 pages without entertainment value.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Lol, they have pastry chefs in France. Apparently it's more about portion size than the type of pastry. And really if you don't want to eat it, then don't.
    Some people say NFL football should be disbanded because of the violent hits. So subjective points of view can be noted, but it should be up to the choice of the person. Don't see how this is immoral or unethical. It just doesn't jive with your morals and ethics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

I bet you're a blast at parties.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wait, what??? You can't be happy for your friend b/c she's going to be a pastry chef? Seriously? Pastries aren't causing obesity! Gluttony causes obesity! Pastries are cool! Eating an entire cake is not cool.

I was overweight because I ate too much. It's not Nabisco's fault I ate way too many Oreos! It's MY fault! And now I'm losing weight b/c I am accountable for how much I choose to consume.

I am so sick of people not be accountable and blaming others for their lack of discipline.
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sugar does not aid obesity any more than any other food does. Over eating aids in obesity. Period. I know lots of people who don't like sweets and are huge because of pasta, and meat! Are you going to hate chefs because they cook food!!??? Please..the rule is everything in moderation. You are better off just ending your so-called "friendship" with this person because of your high and mighty ideology.
  • Valencia123456
    Options
    @lyzmorrison- TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Are you actually for real?! Your friend is not shoving too much food down people's throats, we all have choices to make regarding what we eat. Who doesn't love a nice pastry treat, we just can't eat them all the time. Someone else would get the job if she didn't, so how about actually being a friend and being happy for her.

This
  • Valencia123456
    Options
    Wow... Pretty soon people will not be held accountable for anything they choose to do. Just because she makes delicious pastries doesn't mean they have to eat them to the point of obesity. Or would you have us all just living in a bubble having ****ing lean cuisine slushies pumped into our stomachs???

I 100% believe people should be accountable for what they do, including tempting people into eating foods they should not.

Do you think car makers should be held liable for car being able to go past 70 on the speedometer, too? I'mean 75 and up is clearly breaking the law AND tempting those who are prone to speed to do what is wrong. What about when people leave tips on the table, thieves walk by are being tempted to steal, should n't the people who left the money out in the open be held responsible?? What about knives, I mean, KNIVES are left on the table for any murder to pick up!!!! Shouldn't the waiters /waitresses be held responsible!!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Wow... Pretty soon people will not be held accountable for anything they choose to do. Just because she makes delicious pastries doesn't mean they have to eat them to the point of obesity. Or would you have us all just living in a bubble having ****ing lean cuisine slushies pumped into our stomachs???

I 100% believe people should be accountable for what they do, including tempting people into eating foods they should not.

Do you think car makers should be held liable for car being able to go past 70 on the speedometer, too? I'mean 75 and up is clearly breaking the law AND tempting those who are prone to speed to do what is wrong. What about when people leave tips on the table, thieves walk by are being tempted to steal, should n't the people who left the money out in the open be held responsible?? What about knives, I mean, KNIVES are left on the table for any murder to pick up!!!! Shouldn't the waiters /waitresses be held responsible!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Woah. I've never thought of this before. You make a lot of really good points, you're right. These are problems. There's no reason car manufacturers make cars for street use that can go over 100 MPH - - absolutely useless EXCEPT to break the law. Jesus, I never thought of any of that.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Woah. I've never thought of this before. You make a lot of really good points, you're right. These are problems. There's no reason car manufacturers make cars for street use that can go over 100 MPH - - absolutely useless EXCEPT to break the law. Jesus, I never thought of any of that.

Mark my words...As technology develops...You will enter a highway...That roadway will transfer a RFID signal or some other new technology not otherwise known, which will communicate with your car. Your car will then be prohibited from exceeding that limit...You will pay for all of this
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Mark my words...As technology develops...You will enter a highway...That roadway will transfer a RFID signal or some other new technology not otherwise known, which will communicate with your car. Your car will then be prohibited from exceeding that limit...You will pay for all of this

I'm waiting for my cake to be RFID so that it is logged automatically and then your chef friend would not be driving obesity. The sugar molecules get logged automatically and the tap gets turned off.

But until then she needs to be responsible; just like any bar not providing service to visible drunks.
  • ryry_
    Options
    Double Post
  • ryry_
    Options

I'm waiting for my cake to be RFID so that it is logged automatically and then your chef friend would not be driving obesity. The sugar molecules get logged automatically and the tap gets turned off.

But until then she needs to be responsible; just like any bar not providing service to visible drunks.

Now that would be sweet...Some sort of internal calorimeter...Still doesn't take into account the harmful effects of what do or do not eat though...Mayb some sort of purification system would also need to be in order
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

you have a really good point evilgenie or whatever your name is. serving pastries to the obese is a lot like those bartenders who overserve people and knowingly give people who are already drunk more and more just to get the big tip from them. Those bartenders are in trouble if something bad happens from the drunk, so it should be the same with overfeeding the obese.

I don't know what RFID is but I don't need more tax and I don't know why car manufacturers are allowed to make illegal cars
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This cannot be serious. Tell your friend congrats on her new job and stop being a judgemental @ss.
  • ryry_
    Options
    And Wow...Only took 19 pages for civil discourse to start
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Double Post

^this
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And Wow...Only took 19 pages for civil discourse to start

And then it fell apart again on page 20.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Now that would be sweet...Some sort of internal calorimeter...Still doesn't take into account the harmful effects of what do or do not eat though...Mayb some sort of purification system would also need to be in order

OP- I think you need to speak with a therapist about having a severe paranoia disorder or extreme narcissim to assume that you know what's best for everyone.

I'm sure your job has some negative effects on the community as wel land you did not see people poo poo-ing you for it. Grow up and congratualte your friend, this IS a great thing for her.