Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• minxter87
    minxter87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is her life, not yours. She isn't forcing people at gunpoint to eat. You don't have to eat. But come on, this is a free country, if someone wants to have a damn doughnut, why is it any of your business? Live your own life, the way you feel is best, but let others make their own decisions. At least she is getting a PAYING JOB, and not sitting on her *kitten* like a lot of people do. If you ask me, I think it is great that she is earning a living and contributing BACK to society instead of living off the backs of others. Stop being so judgmental, I am sure there are things in YOUR life that people don't like or this is wrong. Part of growing up, and living and let live. Cheer her on, and be a good friend. That doesn't mean you make her feel bad. If you don't want to eat what she makes, then don't. Plain and simple. How would you feel if the tables were turned and someone was trying to tell you what you should do in your life? Bet you wouldn't like it too much.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This has to be the strongest OP I have seen in awhile. I understand how many people without my finely tuned sarcasm detector have fallen for it.

Well played.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You should kill her to save the others. It's the right thing to do.

This and do it. Immediately :bigsmile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of all those people who eat ice cream in their profile pictures or have it in their tickers or use junk food in their names.... it's all just sabotage. :sad: Makes it so hard to eat clean....
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Wow... Pretty soon people will not be held accountable for anything they choose to do. Just because she makes delicious pastries doesn't mean they have to eat them to the point of obesity. Or would you have us all just living in a bubble having ****ing lean cuisine slushies pumped into our stomachs???

I 100% believe people should be accountable for what they do, including tempting people into eating foods they should not.

Do you think car makers should be held liable for car being able to go past 70 on the speedometer, too? I'mean 75 and up is clearly breaking the law AND tempting those who are prone to speed to do what is wrong. What about when people leave tips on the table, thieves walk by are being tempted to steal, should n't the people who left the money out in the open be held responsible?? What about knives, I mean, KNIVES are left on the table for any murder to pick up!!!! Shouldn't the waiters /waitresses be held responsible!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Woah. I've never thought of this before. You make a lot of really good points, you're right. These are problems. There's no reason car manufacturers make cars for street use that can go over 100 MPH - - absolutely useless EXCEPT to break the law. Jesus, I never thought of any of that.

Mark my words...As technology develops...You will enter a highway...That roadway will transfer a RFID signal or some other new technology not otherwise known, which will communicate with your car. Your car will then be prohibited from exceeding that limit...You will pay for all of this

I'm waiting for my cake to be RFID so that it is logged automatically and then your chef friend would not be driving obesity. The sugar molecules get logged automatically and the tap gets turned off.

But until then she needs to be responsible; just like any bar not providing service to visible drunks.

Now that would be sweet...Some sort of internal calorimeter...Still doesn't take into account the harmful effects of what do or do not eat though...Mayb some sort of purification system would also need to be in order

OP- I think you need to speak with a therapist about having a severe paranoia disorder or extreme narcissim to assume that you know what's best for everyone.

I'm sure your job has some negative effects on the community as wel land you did not see people poo poo-ing you for it. Grow up and congratualte your friend, this IS a great thing for her.

Why are you throwing out the labels? This says more about your own "extreme narcissim" than the OP who is coming her openly for input and help.
  • pauldix
    pauldix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are wrong, of course. But I think you know that.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    And Wow...Only took 19 pages for civil discourse to start

And then it fell apart again on page 20.

You said it...I enjoyed the moment...A lot people here just have some insatiable need to feel superior

I've given up any honest attention to the situation at hand for now
  • Queen8shaq
    Options
    You should kill her to save the others. It's the right thing to do.

LMAO! ^^^^^
  • ryry_
    Options
    It reminds me of all those people who eat ice cream in their profile pictures or have it in their tickers or use junk food in their names.... it's all just sabotage. :sad: Makes it so hard to eat clean....

A little over the top IMO...But i think your point still has merit. I believe there was a thread a while back asking for stricter monitoring of this. I wonder what came of that because it seemed like a good idea.

I'll see if I can dig it up
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    I think your stand is ridiculous and stupid OP

Nothing worse than zealots - whether it be about religion, food,whatever.

If you are joking, it s not a funny joke - kind of defeats the purpose of a joke if people don't recognise it as a joke.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

Oh man. This OP is good. He had me going for a good while. You gave it away though, I'm afraid.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If you are joking, it s not a funny joke - kind of defeats the purpose of a joke if people don't recognise it as a joke.

Oh man. This OP is good. He had me going for a good while. You gave it away though, I'm afraid.
    Other people gave it away a long time ago, but no one reads through the responses.

Anyway, joke or not, my comment to that quoted person stands. She needs to find her humor.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Other people gave it away a long time ago, but no one reads through the responses.

Anyway, joke or not, my comment to that quoted person stands. She needs to find her humor.

Yep. Pretty much all of this
  • ryry_
    Options

Care to "let me in" on the joke? Because the only one I see is you and your lackies repeated attempts to derail this thread and turn it into the poster child for Mean Girls 2
  • rml_16
    Options

Care to "let me in" on the joke? Because the only one I see is you and your lackies repeated attempts to derail this thread and turn it into the poster child for Mean Girls 2
    Hey! I'm on YOUR side! I think your friend should be thrown in prison. I thought I made that clear earlier.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is going to roll.

Bravo, Ry.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is going to roll.

Bravo, Ry.

He has a gift.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Hey! I'm on YOUR side! I think your friend should be thrown in prison. I thought I made that clear earlier.

As am I! I'm pretty sure she's a witch. We should purge the devil from her. With fire.
  • MrsBingley
    Options

I don't doubt it, I certainly didn't read through the whole thing. Nonetheless, this guy is a pro. I feel really silly. And, there are some incredible GIFsmiths in this thread.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't doubt it, I certainly didn't read through the whole thing. Nonetheless, this guy is a pro. I feel really silly. And, there are some incredible GIFsmiths in this thread.
    But at least you have a sense of humor about it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Really? ROLLED?