whats a good size thigh for a girl?

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    There is no "normal" or "good" size, it depends on several things. First of all, what one person thinks is preferable, will vary greatly from what another person thinks. We're all different in our views.

Also, it will depend on how much is fat, bone, muscle as to how it looks. Mine are around 22-23" but I'm happy with how they are, prior to lifting and MFP they were around the same size but looked completely different (worse IMO) as they had more fat on them and weren't as solid/more flabby.

ETA that much in the same way as weight. If you're shorter, a 23" thigh may look a lot bigger than on someone who is really tall.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I guess I feel they are so big because they are way bigger than my boyfriends and I feel huge compared to him.

Most women's thighs are bigger than men's naturally because 1) our pelvis is wider and therefore our femurs are at a wider distance than a man's and 2) we have estrogen receptors in that area that has many women pack on the pounds. Keep in mind you cannot spot reduce, you gotta lose fat in general to shed the fat off your thighs. My thighs were one of the things that slimmed up the most.

stupid estrogen receptors causing thunder thighs....

stupid testosterone causing brain melt...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Mine are 25".
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Mine are 25 and pretty freaking awesome.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Did OP not like the answers? Looks like they disabled their account.
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my thighs are 23" right now (they were about 32" when I started, yes big ol' thighs )
    I LOVE MY THIGHS lol working on buliding more muscle and burning more fat from them but love their size
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

Guess not. Maybe she wanted us to tell her how fat she was and that sh should go on a water cleanse.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Big enough to fill up those jeans and make men think dirty thoughts.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    <~~~ I have larger thighs last measurement was 24 inches I think? My family calls them the "Johnson Family Curse" and I think my years of playing catcher in softball contributed to these tree trunks. No matter how much I lose they stay large and in charge :) I have a small waist... I am 5'9" waist is 29.5... I am just curvy and I have accepted my fate. I will never be a runway model and I am ok with that! I am healthy.

***edited to correct typo***
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    <~~~ I have larger thighs last measurement was 21 inches I think? My family calls them the "Johnson Family Curse" and I think my years of playing catcher in softball contributed to these tree trunks. No matter how much I lose they stay large and in charge :) I have a small waist... I am 5'9" waist is 29.5... I am just curvy and I have accepted my fate. I will never be a runway model and I am ok with that! I am healthy.

:huh:

I'm 5'9" and have a 29" waist.

And 25" thighs.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    <~~~ I have larger thighs last measurement was 21 inches I think? My family calls them the "Johnson Family Curse" and I think my years of playing catcher in softball contributed to these tree trunks. No matter how much I lose they stay large and in charge :) I have a small waist... I am 5'9" waist is 29.5... I am just curvy and I have accepted my fate. I will never be a runway model and I am ok with that! I am healthy.

And 25" thighs.

I just edited it due to a typo.... they were 24 at my last measurement...

***edited again because I seem to be having typing issues today***
  • twinketta
    Options

I have reported your post/photo as I hope others have, it is totally inappropriate. Shame on you!!!!.
  • twinketta
    Options
    amadbro

I have reported your post/photo as I hope others have, it is totally inappropriate. Shame on you!!!!.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options

And 25" thighs.

LADY!!! I am 5'9" with a 29" waist and 25" thighs, too ... We are measurement twins :-)

Edited to add that my thighs are like slabs of concrete and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 202... mine are 22 also...

And if you were not yet convinced that there is no normal. I'm am also 5'4" with 22 inch thighs (at the largest point) but I weigh 142 pounds. I don't think my thighs are fat, I think they are strong and I like them. :smile:
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    22" is how big mine are. I'm 5'11, 34 years old and at goal at 150. I could afford to tighten up, but I'm happy with how everything looks...

BTW, OP? At 6'4 and 135lbs you'll more than likely look like a slight wind could knock you over, no offense. At 160, you are at a really great weight. What makes you think 135 is the magic number? If you aren't wild about your body comp, I'd start lifting heavy - that's just my 2 cents...
    Ha! I'm 5'2" and mine is currently 22. There is a lot of muscle but also excess fat. Still, some consider my thighs quite lovely. ;)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Guess not. Maybe she wanted us to tell her how fat she was and that sh should go on a water cleanse.

I've just realised original post was from February. Could've disabled account for any reason since then.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

And 25" thighs.

I just edited it due to a typo.... they were 24 at my last measurement...

***edited again because I seem to be having typing issues today***

That makes a lot more sense. I couldn't understand calling 21" thighs a "curse" at 5'9".
  • JustJennie13
    Options

And 25" thighs.

LADY!!! I am 5'9" with a 29" waist and 25" thighs, too ... We are measurement twins :-)

Edited to add that my thighs are like slabs of concrete and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I LOVE these responses!!! I am just learning to love these babies!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

I've just realised original post was from February. Could've disabled account for any reason since then.

Ah. That makes sense.