hooking up with the ex good or bad

Options

Replies

• LGS1974
    Options
    One of you will always have stronger feelings than the other and then disappointment will follow. Also while you're into your ex you're not going to be open to meeting someone who you can have a future with.
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We call them Ex's for a reason.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just plan nasty. Never again! I just threw up in my mouth.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It's bad. Run for the hills.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    As a fellow West Virginian, I can attest that there are very few people worth anyone's time here if you're not into the "country boy/girl" thing. That being said, not having had sex for three months is nothing and you should have more self respect than that. She wants you to be her toy.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Never a good thing... FWBs can never be more then that, before, during or after! Just never ends well :grumble:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    DANGER... WILL ROBINSON....DANGER!!!!
  • Pacefit4God
    Options
    Don't do it! There's a reason you aren't with her. Hooking up may attempt to rekindle something that may not last. Don't risk it. :brokenheart:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    you're thinking with the wrong head
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    OK...read the thread and everyone's input. I also read your answers as to why you should 'hook-up' with your ex. It sounds like you have already have your answer; we are just wasting 1s and 0s.

So let me tell you what I think what it will be like:
    1. Go to your local home improvement store and buy a 30 lb cinder block.
    2. When at home take the cinder block into your garage. Strip off all your clothes. Sit on the cement floor and drop the cider block onto your crotch until you pass out.

This physical pain is pretty close to the emotional pain you will feel hooking up with your ex.

If after this you still want to hook up, go for it.

Or just make a date with five finger Rosey.

Just one old man's opinion.........
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    One word...RUN
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Ok I know this one may get locked quick. But yesterday my recent ex like 3 months ago told me she wants to be friends with benefits. Usually I'm not friends with any of my exes just not a good policy, but I'm leaning toward breaking that rule. My question is do you guys think it can be done and not get complicated and messy with our breakup being recent it will be hard to seperate feelings.

I thought you were giving back all the gifts?
    Dude, I can hardly keep up.

I did give everything back she approached me with this yesterday

is she bringing everything back?
    well I sure hope she does
    otherwise, it ain't flipping fair is it.

She put everything up in her house like it had been there for years but she still wears the ring I gave her.

I just read this
    Outta curiosity, why did ya break up?
    Hmm
    She said she wasn't giving me the time that she should have, but I'm not trying to get back together but I would like to have sex with her again.
  • tystewy16
    tystewy16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aren't we all just enjoying our future ex's anyway?
    I say go for it.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Ok I know this one may get locked quick. But yesterday my recent ex like 3 months ago told me she wants to be friends with benefits. Usually I'm not friends with any of my exes just not a good policy, but I'm leaning toward breaking that rule. My question is do you guys think it can be done and not get complicated and messy with our breakup being recent it will be hard to seperate feelings.

I thought you were giving back all the gifts?
    Dude, I can hardly keep up.

I did give everything back she approached me with this yesterday

is she bringing everything back?
    well I sure hope she does
    otherwise, it ain't flipping fair is it.

She put everything up in her house like it had been there for years but she still wears the ring I gave her.

I just read this
    Outta curiosity, why did ya break up?
    Hmm
    She said she wasn't giving me the time that she should have, but I'm not trying to get back together but I would like to have sex with her again.

uhhh don't do it homes. I'm pretty sure this is her way of saying she thinks she made a mistake and would like to get back together. maybe she really does just want the d but I highly, highly doubt it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok here are some thing you need to ask before you jump rooster first onto her...

Do you still have feelings for her....

How was the sex before you split

How crazy to hot is she

How will this complicate your life

Personally I have no problem with FWB relationships I think they are better then rushing into relationships just for sex but trying one with a fresh ex is difficult. True FWB work because there are no "feelings" involved(lust and horniness don't count lol). With 90% of ex 1 of you will still have feelings wether positive or negative and eventually that blows in your face
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. My wife would kill me.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bad idea.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Ok here are some thing you need to ask before you jump rooster first onto her...

Do you still have feelings for her....

How was the sex before you split

How crazy to hot is she

How will this complicate your life

Personally I have no problem with FWB relationships I think they are better then rushing into relationships just for sex but trying one with a fresh ex is difficult. True FWB work because there are no "feelings" involved(lust and horniness don't count lol). With 90% of ex 1 of you will still have feelings wether positive or negative and eventually that blows in your face
    Do I have feelings yes
    The sex was awesome actually was the best I had
    She's in the top 3 of girls i dated hot wise
    It would complicate the crap out of my life if we got back together but not trying to get back together just hook up from time to time which is why I posed this question no decision's have been made by me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Do I have feelings yes
    The sex was awesome actually was the best I had
    She's in the top 3 of girls i dated hot wise
    It would complicate the crap out of my life if we got back together but not trying to get back together just hook up from time to time which is why I posed this question no decision's have been made by me.

Simple then, if you have a stable, add her in, if you don't, wait until you do then add her in. Also, firm rules. No cuddling, no staying the night, no creampies, and she better be down for the triple threat.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

uhhh don't do it homes. I'm pretty sure this is her way of saying she thinks she made a mistake and would like to get back together. maybe she really does just want the d but I highly, highly doubt it.

woah, woah, woah, WOAH. back up...

I always thought it was "holmes," not "homes."