5'6" larger frame females... Higher goal weight?!?!

Options
123457»

Replies

• stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and when I was younger I was between 133-154lbs. And I was UK size 10-14. My collar bone used to stick out. I did get down to 126lbs once and I was told I was too thin. People thought I was anorexic. A UK Size 8 was too big for me then. So, I would love to get down to a size 10/12.

I lost weight in 2011 and got down to a UK size 12/14 and I weighed 160lbs. This was due to lifting weights. So, I looked smaller than I weighed. I have gotten my head around the fact that i would rather wear a smaller size even though I weigh higher (if you get what I'm saying) because I love lifting weights.

The wrist size measurement posted above is not accurate because when I was slimmer I used to be able to put wrap my fingers around my wrists but now I can't. This means that my wrists have increased in size.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5 and now around the 145lb mark (66kg)- I think I am medium size framed. I love checking out the pics of how people are going, but the reality for me is that I still have fat on my tummy and on my upper arms- if I stand sidewards my tummy hangs out by about 3inches, so I think I still have more to go.

On the otherhand, if I could weigh the same and have a tight tummy and upper arms, I'd stop!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my scale goal is 140. ( My real goal being to drop my body fat % around 22% though) 110 at 5'6" sounds incredibly skinny borderline unhealthy looking.
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and pear shaped (small boobs, wide hips, big booty :D) and I'm at 143 lbs at the moment but fairly squishy (not a lot of exercise in the past few years). My body fat is at 29% which really isn't great - I've seen loads of people on here who look great at a higher weight because they exercise properly and probably have lower body fat.

My lowest weight about five or six years ago was 130 lbs, and at the time I wasn't actually watching my food or exercising consciously - I just walked and cycled a lot to get from A to B, and went jogging a few times a week for fun. So I think that's kind of where my body just settled with an active lifestyle which wasn't too hard to maintain, and I want to go back there - this time with some more focussed exercising though.

So, I think it really depends on your body fat and how the fat is distributed around your body, and if you've been going down to 140-150ish from a higher weight through exercise and got down to a lower body fat percentage it will probably look pretty good!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!