That's right, I binged, and I'm not sorry.

Options

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic sentiment. You've embarked on something that will define you for the rest of your life - within this new framework, you can eat, drink and be merry with your friends and get right back to healthy living in a heartbeat.

You make me proud. :flowerforyou:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You are going to love what I always say here: it helps your metabolism to have a treat day!

But seriously, since you eat quite low calories usually, I do think it's an actually good thing to have a high day. Even if those kinds of theories bug you like crazy ;):D
  • SunnyDee712
    SunnyDee712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just need to let our hair down....I ate brownies and pizza this weekend. Enjoyed both TREMENDOUSLY! Oh, and two Three Musketeers after I dropped my daughter off at the airport. :sad: Followed it all up with a Jillian Michaels workout. Except for feeling blue about missing my family, I'm ok with my eating activity this weekend.

Thanks, OP! You just reminded us that we are all human with human needs/desires, and that's what makes being human WONDERFUL!!!
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Which games?
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That sounds super tasty!!!! And i love your attitude :D you did it, you admitted it, you moved on and in my eyes you now own this!!! Well done!
    I ate about 400gms of chocolate over a day annnd i loved it and probably wont want chocolate any time soon haha but i tracked it and i'm ool with taking responibilty for it and imma move on just pike you :)
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I wouldn't class that as a binge, a binge to me is eating till you feel sick and awful. If it's a special occasion, i.e birthday, christmas or holiday I enjoy every bite, don't worry about logging my food and don't feel guilty.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm back on track. I didn't fall off the wagon, I just leaned out of it for a while. :bigsmile:

Love this^^^^^^
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    *Thumbs up!!*
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Ahh something similar happened to me today :laugh: my mom and I went out for early dinner at a diner and I had sweet potato fries, a side salad with mango vinigrette, some sauteed string beans an half a mushroom and spinach panini. Then, deciding to take dessert home with us because we were full, we both ended up eating our very large slices of cake like 2 hours later! I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm pretty full now. Maybe not a binge, but I think I've over eaten a bit
  • tarheelmendi
    tarheelmendi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I logged in tonight to record the food and beverages from my weekend feeling very guilty and somewhat bad about myself. Seeing your post helped me to try to turn this thinking around. It is acceptable to go over sometimes. I'm pulling it back together with a healthy well portioned dinner (I planned to skip dinner, but that is not the way to get back on track). I will go back to healthy food and portions and regain control.
    So glad you are here!
    Thanks
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Which games?

Pen and paper RPGs, natchrully. :bigsmile:
  • Siansonea
    Options
    I logged in tonight to record the food and beverages from my weekend feeling very guilty and somewhat bad about myself. Seeing your post helped me to try to turn this thinking around. It is acceptable to go over sometimes. I'm pulling it back together with a healthy well portioned dinner (I planned to skip dinner, but that is not the way to get back on track). I will go back to healthy food and portions and regain control.
    So glad you are here!
    Thanks

Yay! Be gentle with yourself. Treat yourself the way you'd treat someone else going through this experience. You'd never be as hard on someone else as you are on yourself. You'd be understanding, empathetic, and supportive. Well, why not be that way with you too? :drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Which games?

Finally! The most important part...I haven't had a gaming group in years.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Options
    Which games?

Which ones? I used to love Rifts. And Necromunda. And Shadowrun.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't view that as a binge - just normal celebration. A binge to me is if you consume loads of the same type of food for the sake of eating it rather than for the pure enjoyment of having a few things you wouldn't normally allow yourself.

Great definition!
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Which games?

One-shots, with pregenerated characters. One was an epic-level D&D 3.5, one was a 7th level D&D 3.5, one was Star Wars Saga Edition, and the last was a Star Trek scenario using Savage Worlds rules. Good times. :bigsmile:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Options
    Which games?

One-shots, with pregenerated characters. One was an epic-level D&D 3.5, one was a 7th level D&D 3.5, one was Star Wars Saga Edition, and the last was a Star Trek scenario using Savage Worlds rules. Good times. :bigsmile:

Sounds like a blast. :D I need to find a new D&D group, lol.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My friends hosted two days of tabletop gaming...

That sounds even better than the food...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Which games?

It sounds awesome. The last time I managed to get some game time in was this past Christmas. Enough people came back to town for the holidays to get in two nights of D&D dungeon crawling goodness. I'm hoping that they can make it back this year as well. It's one or two nights, but it makes the long dry 'looking for game' times easier to stand. I'm glad you had so much fun.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the priority is the calorie deficit, sometimes the priority is good food and good fun with friends. As long as the calorie deficit wins out more often than not, I figure it's all good. :drinker:

tumblr_lw0jf919CW1qj74sxo1_500.gif