• janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    eitheryoulikebacon_fullpic_2.jpg

I second the amendment!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I bought bacon jerkey last night at Costco. Then the cashier went on about how great it was. I was good and did not open it last night because I fear once I open it I won't be able to control my actions.

yes, people say things like this because they are jealous and want you to stay fat. You've been good but you should avoid the temptation completely by returning that disgusting stuff to the store and using that money on something healthy like those lean cuisine meals!

The girl at the pizza place gave me 4 slices when I only ordered 2. Of course she wants me to get fat. I call her Pizza *kitten*.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Get out!!!!!

I hate how the first 2 replies are so hateful and anti-fitness. Eating bacon is very unhealthy and here you are being a bully...

Do you not care about your health? Its fine if you don't but don't drag others into the greasy mess that is bacon

A. They werent hatefull and anti-fitness. Stop being so sensitive. You can eat bacon and still be fit.

B. While bacon can be very unhealthy in large quantities that doesnt make it inherently evil. You can eat anything in moderation and in the propper serving size and still be fit, healthy and lose weight.

C. And this is just my humble opinion but i think i can speak for the majority. Bacon is amazingly delicious. It neither smells nor tastes bad, and I for one would be honored to be dragged through the greasy wonderland that is bacon.

Thank you....(steps off soapbox)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont you all think that of all the animal meats that pork would taste the most like human?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I bought bacon jerkey last night at Costco. Then the cashier went on about how great it was. I was good and did not open it last night because I fear once I open it I won't be able to control my actions.

yes, people say things like this because they are jealous and want you to stay fat. You've been good but you should avoid the temptation completely by returning that disgusting stuff to the store and using that money on something healthy like those lean cuisine meals!

The girl at the pizza place gave me 4 slices when I only ordered 2. Of course she wants me to get fat. I call her Pizza *kitten*.

I smell sabotage!

And bacon.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh dear TROLL at its best ..., or worst ??? To be ignored at the very least :-)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Dont you all think that of all the animal meats that pork would taste the most like human?

I would guess pork or chicken since both are omnivores like us and eat relatively similar diets if given the chance. We'd have to ask a cannibal. But then you'd have to test that theory on a relatively young human since most pork and poultry and slaughtered for human consumption within the first year of their lives.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

I would guess pork or chicken since both are omnivores like us and eat relatively similar diets if given the chance. We'd have to ask a cannibal. But then you'd have to test that theory on a relatively young human since most pork and poultry and slaughtered for human consumption within the first year of their lives.

Is it wrong to consider this as an option? :drinker:

p.s. my house now smells like bacon. turkey bacon.
  • stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Taking a serious and sensible approach to this (although I think you are all hilarious and loved your replies):

If you think bacon is greasy and tastes disgusting, you're getting the wrong bacon. Good bacon is good. Bad bacon is not so good. I am for the bacon. Be one with the bacon.

And it isn't necessarily an UNhealthy food. If you eat 10 rashers every day, then yes, it is. If you have one or two rashers once or twice a week then it is no worse than any other meat. You can get rindless or shortcut and its even healthier.
    And fat is a super important element of any diet. Healthy levels of fat is good for your gall bladder, your skin, your brain. 50% of bacon fat is monounsaturated, mostly consisting of oleic acid (like olive oil) and 10% is polyunsaturated fats. Pork fat is also very high in vitamins D and E (because piggies are awesome, friendly and nutritious).

Like with everything we do - moderation is the key.

Bacon is also the key. The key to HAPPINESS.

PS: Regarding Lean Cuisine - so many of those frozen pre-packaged foods are SO incredibly high in sodium and trans fats that I can't even. Not only are they made by Nestle, who are corporate evil incarnate, they are unbalanced, filled with hidden ingredients (read the labels and count how many unpronounceable ingredients are in there), use the most sub-standard cuts of meat possible (how else can they sell them for ~$2 a box?) and taste vile.

You'd be better off eating the box with a tablespoon of salt sprinkled over it.

PPS: I may be fat, but I'm still pretty.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    f24lys.jpg
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 slices of bacon every day. Yum!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    discussed so much on this site? I mean seriously? That thing is incredibly disgusting and so fatty and unhealthy for human body. Bacon is full of fat, pigs are filthy animals that roll around in mud all day and are incredibly unhygienic.

Lets keep this site free of disgusting foods that are bad for us and taste and smell terrible.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

HAHA I didn't even realize it was that old.. Funny..
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    obligatory....

h86363CD4
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    John, lol. I remember this thread. It was the first time Taunto made me laugh. Awwwww!
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    No parts goes to waste as long as I have my hot sauce :-)