Its not what you eat, its when you eat it

Options
124»

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but it DOES matter WHEN you eat. I almost died the last time I tried to eat while I was sleeping. :angry:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Biology disagrees with you. I'm gonna trust biology on this one. I'll also give a shout out to physics, which also disagrees with you. Meal timing and frequency have zero effect on weight loss.

h29B5F6E4
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    True story.

jenna_michael has deactivated their account.
    That didn't take long! :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but it DOES matter WHEN you eat. I almost died the last time I tried to eat while I was sleeping. :angry:
    Almost.

See? It doesn't matter.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    So, do you eat the same thing every day???? I am going to stick with what I have been doing. :)
    Well, sort of. If you're not seeing results it might be because of when you are eating it. I wrote details on my blog site, Please try it and share your thoughts!

http://jennamichael.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/a-healthy-diet-change/

I'm guessing this was the OP before she did a turn-around. Thanks for quoting it so we late readers could know wtf she said. Here is your reward:
    tumblr_mtjy3x2uOB1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So what time of day should I eat my donuts and candy? I want to make sure they don't count
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So, do you eat the same thing every day???? I am going to stick with what I have been doing. :)
    Well, sort of. If you're not seeing results it might be because of when you are eating it. I wrote details on my blog site, Please try it and share your thoughts!

I'm guessing this was the OP before she did a turn-around. Thanks for quoting it so we late readers could know wtf she said. Here is your reward:

I'm surprised the MFP collective didn't decimate her in the comment section of her blog. I would but...

...meh, lazy...

...which probably explains why no one else did either.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    You are all so mean!!! Mean, mean people!!! :laugh:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow....I thought my boyfriend was the only person who drank beer while he was in the shower. I didn't know that was a thing!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Sidesteel got it right.

I refuse to believe this.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Or I would rather not retype the whole thing....

You substitute protein for other protein, carbs for carbs etc.

DAMN guys,

Well if you are out of ideas on how to lose weight, try what I did. Otherwise, best wishes.

Okay, bye!

That's cool but I think I'll pass. If you refer to my ticker you'll notice I've lost a couple lbs with what I did: eating whatever and whenever the **** I want (with the caveat that it is under my daily calorie allowance). Good luck!

This is what I did when I first joined. I listened to the people who seemed like they had some sense and had actually lost a significant amount of weight. After a little while, I noticed that their advice was pretty consistent. Respect the ticker people! :wink:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? The Dallas Cowboys suck! Yeah, I still cheer for them but I think that all the time. I'm so glad they have a bye this week.

And they'll lose to the bye too. On a last minute interception thrown by Romo.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I'm surprised the MFP collective didn't decimate her in the comment section of her blog. I would but...

...meh, lazy...

...which probably explains why no one else did either.

I'm sure she got the views she was looking for, though.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Or I would rather not retype the whole thing....

You substitute protein for other protein, carbs for carbs etc.

DAMN guys,

Well if you are out of ideas on how to lose weight, try what I did. Otherwise, best wishes.

Okay, bye!

3...2...1....deacto
    Buh Bye!

True story.

jenna_michael has deactivated their account.

Good riddance.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    My thoughts? The Dallas Cowboys suck! Yeah, I still cheer for them but I think that all the time. I'm so glad they have a bye this week.

And they'll lose to the bye too. On a last minute interception thrown by Romo.

Rage-well-done.png
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    Just wanted to reply base on the topic, I think its both. Iths what you eat and when you eat it.

Meal timing really has no effect on weight loss except as far as pyschological/sustainbilty for each person. Some people do really well on six small meals a day and others do better on an eight hour feeding window. Eating after 7, breakfast, carbs late at night, are all about personal prfeerence and what works best with your schedule.

Im not really reffering to "When" as the exact time, I am referring it as "frequency" or "timing". Hope my vocabulary serves me right. :)

How does this affect weight loss? Some days, I eat three meals big snack at night. Then, other days are spaced every few hours, still a snack before bed. I never plan them out, it's whenever I feel like eating or when I have the time to. It's irrelevant and as stated, only helps an individual mentally to feel satisfied, the body doesn't care in itself and it's not going to vary how it takes food based on timing

good for you, you can eat anytime, for me I cannot. As I am watching closely all food that I am eating. Like before, I thought its just ok, I eat whenever I like to. Had a midnight snack and when I tried to count all the calories I was eating for a day, it turns out that I am eating 2500 to 6000 cal per day. Not healthy at all. So since then, I learned about timing and trying to control the frequency of my eating habits. (of course the food that i am eating too) At first, its really hard since I am used to eating like every 10 min coz I could feel like my tummy is hungry again. Now I only eat 3 times a day and 2 snacks. If I feel hungry at night, I just drink water or have a bite of banana or apple.
    So you see, for me and for some. Frequency is really important and timing as well, timing means eat at the right time of the day. Like even if I am not hungry during breakfast, I still eat breakfast because it is important, that way I wont get hungry frequently in the morning.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    good for you, you can eat anytime, for me I cannot. As I am watching closely all food that I am eating. Like before, I thought its just ok, I eat whenever I like to. Had a midnight snack and when I tried to count all the calories I was eating for a day, it turns out that I am eating 2500 to 6000 cal per day. Not healthy at all. So since then, I learned about timing and trying to control the frequency of my eating habits. (of course the food that i am eating too) At first, its really hard since I am used to eating like every 10 min coz I could feel like my tummy is hungry again. Now I only eat 3 times a day and 2 snacks. If I feel hungry at night, I just drink water or have a bite of banana or apple.
    So you see, for me and for some. Frequency is really important and timing as well, timing means eat at the right time of the day. Like even if I am not hungry during breakfast, I still eat breakfast because it is important, that way I wont get hungry frequently in the morning.
    You're speaking of a habitual behavior though. When it comes down to actually weight loss, meal frequency has no impact. It's gonna be about calories in and calories out by the end of the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    Options

Well... yeah. Meal timing only matters insofar as how well you can control what you eat and how satisfied you are throughout the day. Meal timing itself doesn't matter at all.

In other words, eat your meals whenever works best for you and makes you happiest. Don't follow some schedule like "don't eat at night" or "don't eat in the morning" or "don't eat in the afternoon" because someone says it's better.

The best time to eat is the best time for you, whatever that is.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    The hippy in me feels the need to suggest that you share your shower beer with a friend to conserve water. Carry on.