I've NEVER seen Snow! Where should I vacation?

Options
Mborroto25
Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
Hi Everyone! I am from Miami and have been researching like a mad woman. I don't know where to begin! What I'm really looking for is a week long cabin rental where I can sit by a fireplace and enjoy the snow. Maybe try skiing. Any suggestions? I don't know how to narrow it down.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Come to Portland Oregon. Mt Hood Timberline Lodge. Great Skiiing. Google it.
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pocono Mountains in PA. Never been there, but heard lots of good stuff about the area.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm biased, but northern Michigan is beautiful in the winter. Although I have never been to Colorado in the winter but have heard it's amazing in the mountains.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Missouri has snow. Check out Lake of the Ozarks, they have cabins and lakes and stuff. The only other snow places I know is New England and Canada. But Missouri is reasonable, the cost of living is not high here, so you can find reasonable prices on cabins and stuff here.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love Lake Tahoe--the scenery is gorgeous! Not terribly easy to get to however--we fly in to Reno and drive a bit.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    Come to Vail, Colorado. Its beautiful during Fall and Winter.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I may be biased here, but Western Montana is the most beautiful place in the world.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Poconos or Colorado or Blue Ridge Mtns in Va...Adirondacks in NY

Been to all of these...like Poconos best
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Quebec City!
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Come to Western Canada. The Rockies never disappoint anyone in the snow department. Great skiing, accommodations wonderful scenery.
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Vail, CO and Steamboat, CO are both gorgeous!!!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    ADKS
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Eastern townships of Quebec in February. Guaranteed snow. Or the Muskoka region of Ontario. Smaller ski hills but ripe with cozy cabins and snow in the winter.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Switzerland for pure beauty.

Or you could swap places with me. I live in rural England and we have snow forecast for next week. Willingly I would exchange!
    But our snow is only beautiful for a day, then it turns to wet icy slush- dangerous and not pretty :(

Edited to add- I'm in OLD England, not New England which might be beautiful but I've never been there.
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I literally just created this topic like 2 minutes ago lol! Keep the suggestions coming! I'm gonna research all the ones you replied.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Minnesota if you are into the sports and New England if you just want to see snow.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    Banff, Alberta, Canada

or

Jasper, Alberta, Canada

or

anywhere in the Yukon

or

anywhere in Alberta or the northern provinces in Canada......but I warn ya, snow gets old very quickly!!!!!:(.....you'll be wanting to jump on the next plane home in no time!!!lol
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Upper Peninsula in Michigan - beautiful many people in MI travel in MI :)
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Colorado in the mountains is the very best. We loved going up to Frazer to tube down the long mountain and them come in the chalet for a hot drink and fireplace. AWESOME Good luck on your hunt!!