I've NEVER seen Snow! Where should I vacation?

Options

Replies

• amymarie2534
    amymarie2534 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eastern townships of Quebec in February. Guaranteed snow. Or the Muskoka region of Ontario. Smaller ski hills but ripe with cozy cabins and snow in the winter.

I second Muskoka.
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just avoid it. It's cold and sloppy and crappy. You have to bundle up and wear lots of clothes and gloves and hats, it sticks to your pants and makes them cold and wet. Stay where it's warm and sunny and grass is green and leaves on the trees.

I'm just trying to be funny. I live in Nebraska and we get plenty of snow and I hate it. I would love to move south somewhere where I never, ever have to see it again.

I would suggest Colorado for your vacation. Beautiful mountains and ski resorts there and then you can go home to sunny, warm Florida when you have had enough and thaw out. :laugh:
    lol I'll take the sticky pants. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Breckenridge, Colorado is absolutely beautiful this time of year. The entire town is covered in Christmas lights and snow. My husband and I are from Colorado, but we decided to spend our hunnymoon there. It was absolutely fantastic! Plus if you want to ski, there are some really good beginner slopes. Have fun!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love it here in Wisconsin, but unless you go up north (I live near Milwaukee), there really isn't skiing.

I do love it though!!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Go to Fairbanks Alaska trust me you will see snow lol
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Pocono Mountains in PA. Never been there, but heard lots of good stuff about the area.

Great location!
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ontario Canada off course, or Quebec! Beautiful!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you want snow, pretty much anywhere in Canada that isn't in Southern Ontario gets heaps of it from like October until April :laugh:

I've heard some great things about skiing and lodges in BC, but I've never been to any myself. There's all sorts of beautiful places to go there - the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Whistler and Banff, but there's many National Parks that are apparently gorgeous!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I may be biased here, but Western Montana is the most beautiful place in the world.
    Couldn't agree more! I'm a Flathead Valley girl and Blacktail Mountain and Big Mountain (what it will always be called in my mind) have some of the best skiing I've ever seen. (I've skied all over the country; Midwest, West and East Coast-since I was 3, so 41 years of skiing) Montana is heaven on earth, even more so in the winter!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Probably closest to you would be Western NC mountains. Tons of cabins for rent, ski slopes, and it's already snowing up there now. Check out Boone, NC and the surrounding ski areas like Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, and Appalachian Ski Mountain.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    The Great Smoky Mountains! Pigeon Forge, TN or Gatlinburg, TN!
  • HarleyFatboyFan
    HarleyFatboyFan Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Virginia and West Virginia have some beautiful mountains and ski resorts but you are going to have to put up with the snow making machines. I've been to Utah a couple times and think it has the best of everything.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a vacation with a multiude of options, I might suggest somewhere in the Salt Lake City Area. After all it was good enough for the Olymics in 2002. From the heart of the city, where there is night life, restaruants you can get to any of 6 world class ski resorts within 30 min. If you want to stay at the resorts, there are unlimited options from cabin rentals to 5 star resorts, depending on your budget. If you simply want to stay in a cabin with snow and not too worried about the skiing, I might suggest Bear Lake Utah/Idaho. It is a destination for summer boaters, but in the winter it is beautiful and quiet. Still only 45 minutes from a major city with all the amenities, you can probably find an incredible price for a cabin as most people only go up in the summer, because it is cold.

There you are, welcome to Utah.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My dad and brother went to Red Lodge when I was little. That's also where my church takes ski trips to. Here' s a website of MT ski lodges...gives you ideas about ski lessons etc. I've never gone skiing there, but I can attest to the beauty of the mountains in MT...went there for my honeymoon.

http://skimt.com/
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with Lake Tahoe and Vail, CO. Extremely beautiful places.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Breckenridge, Colorado is absolutely beautiful this time of year. The entire town is covered in Christmas lights and snow. My husband and I are from Colorado, but we decided to spend our hunnymoon there. It was absolutely fantastic! Plus if you want to ski, there are some really good beginner slopes. Have fun!

Breakenridge is my vote too.

Vail is a lot more expensive and right on I-70.
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a vacation with a multiude of options, I might suggest somewhere in the Salt Lake City Area. After all it was good enough for the Olymics in 2002. From the heart of the city, where there is night life, restaruants you can get to any of 6 world class ski resorts within 30 min. If you want to stay at the resorts, there are unlimited options from cabin rentals to 5 star resorts, depending on your budget. If you simply want to stay in a cabin with snow and not too worried about the skiing, I might suggest Bear Lake Utah/Idaho. It is a destination for summer boaters, but in the winter it is beautiful and quiet. Still only 45 minutes from a major city with all the amenities, you can probably find an incredible price for a cabin as most people only go up in the summer, because it is cold.

There you are, welcome to Utah.

Thank you! I will look it up!
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm biased, but northern Michigan is beautiful in the winter. Although I have never been to Colorado in the winter but have heard it's amazing in the mountains.

This...

I work at Shanty Creek Resorts in Northwestern Lower Michigan. Positively beautiful. We have hotels, condo rentals...spa, outdoor heated pools, top notch dining, etc.

www.shantycreekresorts.com
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend snow. OVERRATED.

I agree. Seen enough for two life times in VA and MD!!!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend snow. OVERRATED.

But yeah, MI.

Hey! Snow is da BOMB!!!!