your ODD food behaviors...

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the frosting on cakes. I rake it off and just eat the cake. Now that is weird :ohwell:

I'll eat your frosting. Let's be best friends.

This is my husband and I! LOL Even on our wedding day we shared cake that way (I'm the frosting fan)
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Back when I was in high school and I would eat Yodels I'd unroll them, scrape out the frosting and eat that, then pull the cake off of the chocolate coating, eat the cake and save the coating for last.

I do something similar. When I eat swiss rolls, I peel all of the coating off in one big peel, and eat it. Then I unroll the cake and lick all of the frosting out of the middle. Then I eat the chocolate cake part.
  • JessR0se0001
    Options
    I always have to have "the perfect bite". If I'm eating a salad, each bite has to have lettuce and chicken. If it's pizza, I have to have pepperoni in each bite. If I'm eating a piece of meat, mashed potatoes and a vegetable...well you get the idea. But it's the only aspect of my life that I am "ocd" about.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    1. I HAVE to eat with small utensils... there is no getting around this.

2. I lick potato chips before I eat them... especially Doritos.

3. Chipotle burrito bowl, hamburgers, salads -- each bite has to have all or most ingredients in it.

4. When I am at fast food places I have to mix pepper and salt into the cup of ketchup, although I don't do this when I'm at home.

5. I suck on M&M's until they are soft then crush them with my tongue and then chew. It HAS to be done this way.

I'm sure there are more, but I feel like a weirdo already.
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    I put a million things like pb, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, protein bars, granola, seeds, nuts etc in my oatmeal and greek yogurt but will eat everything else first and save it for last.

I drink 3-4 cups water before eating ice cream.

Warm up chocolate covered protein bars everytime hoping the chocolate doesn't melt, but it does.

Add zucchini/carrots/beets to oatmeal just because it changes the color.

Sprinkles on everything, esp greek yogurt.

Drink black coffee everyday and hate it with sugar or milk, but ADD sugar to pumpkin spice lattes.

I eat almost all my calories in the morning.

Always eat with a small spoon/fork, and use fork for a lot of things I shouldn't.

Lemon juice as salad dressing.

Warm up pizza fresh from the oven in the microwave.

Oh, and I often eat out of measuring bowls/pyrex measuring cups, pb jars etc.

I think pretty much everything else is odd too, though not as odd haha. :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the frosting on cakes. I rake it off and just eat the cake. Now that is weird :ohwell:

That is not weird at all, frosting on most cakes is super sweet and too much at times. I normally scrape it off too, unless I have milk too help with the sweetness.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I can never, ever " actually " eat a chocolate bar. I always bite a piece and suck on it...

Hi... they call me chocolate bear :-P
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I eat celery .. yes really I do.
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I layer foods on my fork, for instance if I had veggies, steak and potatoes, I would layer every component on my fork to get the combined flavor experience.

I sometimes eat the edges of things like sandwiches, and cucumbers 1st and save the middle for last

If something tastes super good I sometimes close my eyes and chew slowly to try to make the moment last longer :laugh:
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If something tastes super good I sometimes close my eyes and chew slowly to try to make the moment last longer :laugh:

My husband eats everything this way, but I don't think he does it on purpose. Now I notice my one year old son does the same thing LOL
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Well I've seen some here I do
    eat the chocolate coating and unroll swiss cake rolls
    I make soup out of my ice cream
    eat nutty bars one layer at a time
    if i eat pepperoni pizza i eat all the pepperoni off it first then eat the slice
    If I don't like something I can wait out as long as possible-I would outlast my mom's patience as a kid and would ALWAYS get out of eating a veggie I didn't like
    I don't like to eat apples anyway but off the core.
    I'm not a fan of my food touching and tend to eat one thing at a time.

oh I think my oddest behavior is that I only eat mayo if it comes on the sandwich from a store, I will never put it on myself i.e. burger king chicken sandwich
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options

My husband eats everything this way, but I don't think he does it on purpose. Now I notice my one year old son does the same thing LOL

Awwww :smile: that's so adorable!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If I have a snack of any kind I ALWAYS eat all of the broken pieces before eating the whole ones.

Now your turn! :)

I do this too.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was a chef, so I have gotten over most of my food issues (things touching, multiples...etc), but, the one thing that has stuck with me is that if I'm going to eat a bagel with cream cheese, it MUST be untoasted. Warm, melty cream cheese totally grosses me out!!
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My husband won't eat meat off the bone, so I have to debone his chicken and even BBQ Ribs before he'll eat it.

He also eats grilled cheese sandwiches with strawberry jam spread over the top of it. I've tried it and I actually like it.

When I was in high school I was physically unable to eat food in front of another person who was not eating anything. I think it was a mental issue being paranoid that they were looking at me and thinking "what a pig, stuffing her face like that". It was the worst when I was working and I'd go take my lunch break in the break room and finally get to eat but then another person would walk in and sit at the table for their shorter break and not be eating anything. Then I'd just sit there and not eat until they left the room. Sometimes I'd miss out on my whole meal because people kept alternating and coming in during my whole break. I don't have this issue any more- thank goodness.

I rarely eat candy, but when I have skittles or M&M's, I have to separate them and organize them by color.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If I have a snack of any kind I ALWAYS eat all of the broken pieces before eating the whole ones.

Now your turn! :)

:laugh: Me too! the chips at the bottom of the Doritos bag...Another oddity of mine is fat puffy cheetos dipped in soft (almost melted) vanilla ice cream
  • zoeybleepbloop
    zoeybleepbloop Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods. Fast as possible. Big bites. Chewing is for babies. Apparently I'm in a very big hurry.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I layer foods on my fork, for instance if I had veggies, steak and potatoes, I would layer every component on my fork to get the combined flavor experience.

I sometimes eat the edges of things like sandwiches, and cucumbers 1st and save the middle for last

me too...i load my fork with mashed potato, green peas and whatever else is on my plate
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn with a spoon :smile:

I think you win :).
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasion that I eat chips, I prefer the curly ones.

If I eat candy or gummi type snacks, I eat all of one color before moving to the next.

I microwave my ice cream about 10 seconds before I eat it.

If my bread gets wet from another food, I won't eat it. But sometimes I do run it through my tomato sauce when having Italian.

Edit: I forgot one. I can't drink coffee with my meals. I have to drink it first or afterwards, but not during.