Options
Do you eat them every day?

If yes, why?
If no, why?

Replies

• illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not every day. On occasion, because they are delicious.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nah. I probably should, but I can't get more than a few bites in, then I don't want it. I should try those cute little baby bananas I've seen
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    There two reasons to not eat bananas:

1. You don't like them

2. You are allergic to them
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Nah. I probably should, but I can't get more than a few bites in, then I don't want it. I should try those cute little baby bananas I've seen

apple bananas
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    ONLY eat them in B&J Chunky Monkey Ice cream or mashed on toast w/almond butter. Do NOT like them plain.
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I put them im my shake in the mornings. I also cut them up and put them on skewers with grapes and strawberries for my kids. For some reason if the fruit looks fancy THEN they want to eat it.

I also put them on PB & J sandwiches or with a lil nutella. Yummie!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost every day.

Because, yum.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Used to eat them - found out how many calories they were and now I really don't - want to spend my calories elsewhere
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There two reasons to not eat bananas:

1. You don't like them

2. You are allergic to them

3. Your potassium level is too high and the doctor advised against bananas, etc. True story. I still have the occasional banana though, because they're YUMMY! :happy:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    we call them "banoonkies"- they have a saitiary index as that of a cookie. hence- the bana

LOL- I like them- but I only buy a bunch every month or so. Lots of carbs I don't want. rather have sweet potatoes LOL
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost everyday with peanut butter its my favorite snack!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yes because they are delicious!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, but I only eat them on days when I don't have work. They're relatively high in calories and carbs for something not terribly filling, so I eat them on days when I'm more active and not sitting at a desk all day.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YES
    full of potassium,
    good for blood pressure
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    No...I eat them a few days per week, usually on my lifting days as my pre-workout snack along with some protein...the other days I usually eat apples...unless it's summer then I eat a lot of peaches and nectarines.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Do you eat them every day?

If yes, why?
    If no, why?

Usually yes, I have one in my daily green smoothie and sometimes I'll add one to my oatmeal. Those days I'll eat two of them.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    we call them "banoonkies"- they have a saitiary index as that of a cookie. hence- the bana

LOL- I like them- but I only buy a bunch every month or so. Lots of carbs I don't want. rather have sweet potatoes LOL

I have 1-2 bananas a day, as well as a daily sweet potato :bigsmile:
  • callistasky
    callistasky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of bananas now. It's cheap and for me way more filling than an apple or an orange. It lasts longer too. If I have a banana as a snack, I'm usually good for a couple hours on an empty stomach. An apple? 30 min maybe 45. I use it as my go to snack food. No refrigeration needed, no packaging, cheap and I can throw it in my bag quickly. Way better than a bag of chips. If they get brown before I can get to them? Throw them in the freezer and make banana smookies or pancakes.
    * I tried a lot of different fruits to find one that was satiating.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I really dislike bananas. They "feel warm" when I eat them. I can't explain it. I like frozen bananas put through a yonanas machine though.

My kids eat at least 1 a day. I like that the kids eat them, b/c they are cheap, easy, portable, and a filling snack for little kids.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't eat them. My brother and daughter are allergic, so they just aren't in the house.