It's Impossible!! Oh, Wait...Maybe It's NOT?!?

Options

Replies

• garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well, I had to read the whole thing because of the SpongeBob reference in the first para...I love spongebob. Truly an amazing story, thank you so much for putting yourself and your story out there for a bunch of strangers. Very very inspiring.

YAY FOR SPONGEBOB FANS!! ;-) Thank you so much!! I appreciate it more than you know!

d6eb3db2-ea9d-4e1d-afac-c2daeb671b4b_zpsbe49d3aa.jpg
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you - I needed to read this tonight - I'm in a very painful situation - very acute pain - not like yours, but serious enough that I can't concentrate or eat or lift weight for past 3 weeks - well starting tomorrow I'm back to lifting weights again !!! Nothing will stop me now - you've inspired me so much - I really mean it, this was so important to read this tonight, I was in great despair.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Wow, you truly are an amazing and beautiful person inside and out!! Congratulations on your unbelievable success so far and I can'twait to see where you will be in the future. Keep us posted!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you - I needed to read this tonight - I'm in a very painful situation - very acute pain - not like yours, but serious enough that I can't concentrate or eat or lift weight for past 3 weeks - well starting tomorrow I'm back to lifting weights again !!! Nothing will stop me now - you've inspired me so much - I really mean it, this was so important to read this tonight, I was in great despair.

Robin...I am so very sorry to hear about your pain. Please, please, please...don't think that I was trying to say that you should ignore or "push through" serious issues without clearing it through your doctor first. I have a VERY unique situation!!!! I have had this disease for nine years...pain is a permanent part of my life. If you are experiencing pain, your body may need REST more than anything else. The last thing I would want you to do is hurt yourself! I obviously don't know what your situation is...and for all I know it may be appropriate for you to workout. However...there are many times when our bodies need to take it easy in order to recover! Please feel free to PM me if you EVER need to talk about anything!! Again, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!

Okay, I really cannot say this enough.......PLEASE DO NOT GO LIFT WEIGHTS UNLESS YOU'VE CLEARED IT WITH YOUR DOCTOR!!!
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I too read every word! You are an amazing woman.Each word made me cry.I know how hard it is to deal the day to day life with pain.You are such an inspiration.I feel like reading your story every time I get demotivated by my fibromyalgia pain.God bless you.
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    I too read every word! You are an amazing woman.Each word made me cry.I know how hard it is to deal the day to day life with pain.You are such an inspiration.I feel like reading your story every time I get demotivated by my fibromyalgia pain.God bless you.

I am so sorry you're having to deal with pain!! It's hard for others to understand something that they can't see!! You CAN do this! It may take a little longer. It may be a bit tougher...but you know what? It makes victory just that much sweeter!!! :-) God Bless You, too!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! You are also an inspiration!! I read your words and even though I felt sorry for you at first, as your story continued, I was amazed and awed!!! You are a strong and inspiring woman!!!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    You are beautiful!! You are also an inspiration!! I read your words and even though I felt sorry for you at first, as your story continued, I was amazed and awed!!! You are a strong and inspiring woman!!!

Thanks so much!! It's funny because so many people tell me what a "strong" person I am...but I honestly don't feel that way. I kinda just feel like...well, this is my life. I can either keep moving forward and make this life the best I can with what I've got. Or, I can curl into a ball and wait for life to pass me by. It simply wasn't an option for me to curl into a ball. So...I had to make the best life possible...and that's what I'm trying to do. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate everyone's kind words. I guess I just don't see myself as any kind of "inspiration". I'm just a regular person that got a lot of crap thrown at her...and I chose to keep on going!

Thanks so much!!! You all have been so amazing and have made this girl feel absolutely amazing!!!
  • MB, you are my new favorite person! God bless you, girl. Thank you for your story. You are WINNING this thing called life and conquering your battles while showing the world your beautiful and courageous spirit.
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    MB, you are my new favorite person! God bless you, girl. Thank you for your story. You are WINNING this thing called life and conquering your battles while showing the world your beautiful and courageous spirit.

Thank you so much! It's so nice to be someone's favorite person! Hee hee! ;-)

I *love* that you said I'm "winning" and "conquering" my battles. Makes me feel like a warrior!!! BOOYAH!! It's funny...because when I wrote this a few days ago, it kind of encouraged ME to give it even MORE. Since I've written this, I've beaten my own time on doing a mile and a half, and I went up on my weight with squats!! Yesterday, (Saturday morning), it was super dreary and chilly (for Alabama, anyway) outside...and it was SO TEMPTING to stay snuggled next to my husband under our super warm down comforter and sleep for a couple of extra hours!! Instead, I got up before 8am, made my protein shake and went and KILLED it at the gym!!! It felt amazing, and I was so proud of myself for getting up when it was so tempting to sleep in!!

Thanks again, so much, for your kind words!! You ROCK!! Love, Hugs & God Bless!!!!

~MB~
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dear MB

Your post is an amazing one. Testament to your indomitable spirit and determination, many would have given up and been defeated. I too struggle with 24/7 pain (different reasons).....there is a special understanding that comes when you can truly empathise with the person and the very unique "life" that comes with it.

Never doubt that you are exactly as others have said "Inspirational", "Amazing" and plain out incredibly brave to push yourself in the way that you have.

Thank you so much for sharing your life. I hope everyday is kind to you. May you have continued success in the gym, and most of all have a blessed happy life with your husband and any future littlies.....they would be truly blessed to have such inspiring lovely parents.

Karen :flowerforyou:
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Dear MB

Your post is an amazing one. Testament to your indomitable spirit and determination, many would have given up and been defeated. I too struggle with 24/7 pain (different reasons).....there is a special understanding that comes when you can truly empathise with the person and the very unique "life" that comes with it.

Never doubt that you are exactly as others have said "Inspirational", "Amazing" and plain out incredibly brave to push yourself in the way that you have.

Thank you so much for sharing your life. I hope everyday is kind to you. May you have continued success in the gym, and most of all have a blessed happy life with your husband and any future littlies.....they would be truly blessed to have such inspiring lovely parents.

Karen :flowerforyou:

Karen...

Your post brought tears to my eyes!! Thank you so much for such amazingly kind words! I still struggle to see that "inspiration" when I look in the mirror. In a way, I wrote this so that I can look back on it and see how far I've come. I'm so sorry that you, too, are dealing with nonstop pain!! People with chronic pain issues are sadly misunderstood a lot of the time. Especially if you have a disease or disorder that no one can see, or one that isn't terminal. I pray that you have more good days than bad! Thank you, again, for your loving words! Especially saying that any kiddies we have would be blessed to have us as parents!! That struck me right in the heart strings! :-) Lots of love, hugs and prayers coming your way!!!

~MB~
  • shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    MB, Thank You so much for sharing your story with all of us. I really can't add anything that hasn't been said already. But my prayers for you and your husband on this continued journey are with you. Because all things are possible with God. You have showed all things are possible. My Love and Prayers Sonia :love:
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    MUSIC TO MY EARS: MB, thank you for your words, you stimulated my brain to believe anything is possible. You are brave, courageous and strong in many, many ways, and I hope you know now that you are deeply loved for YOU. Smiles
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. Thank you!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    MB, Thank You so much for sharing your story with all of us. I really can't add anything that hasn't been said already. But my prayers for you and your husband on this continued journey are with you. Because all things are possible with God. You have showed all things are possible. My Love and Prayers Sonia :love:

Thank you so very much! None of this...including meeting my husband...would have ever happened if it weren't for God!!! I thank Him every single day for this life He's given me!! :heart:
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    MUSIC TO MY EARS: MB, thank you for your words, you stimulated my brain to believe anything is possible. You are brave, courageous and strong in many, many ways, and I hope you know now that you are deeply loved for YOU. Smiles

I appreciate those kind words more than you could EVER know!!! I honestly don't view myself as "brave" or "courageous". I just had to make a choice. Either dwell on all the "bad" that was in my life...or keep pushing through the "bad" and turn it into something good!! It really wasn't even an option for me. My mom taught me to stand up, put my big girl panties on...and keep fighting. I can only hope that she is proud of me now. :-) Thank you, again. I feel so loved by everyone here, and it means the world to me! :heart:
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    You are amazing. Thank you!

No...thank YOU!!! :drinker:
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wow this is amazing and you are amazing! It's so beautiful how you can give all the honor for what you are to God! You're an inspiration to many, including me! No excuses for us with a little bit of pain:) Keep going girl, great work!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Wow this is amazing and you are amazing! It's so beautiful how you can give all the honor for what you are to God! You're an inspiration to many, including me! No excuses for us with a little bit of pain:) Keep going girl, great work!

Thank you so much!! I have definitely realized over the past couple of years that God does EVERYTHING for a reason...and those reasons will always lead to something good...whether we realize it at the time or not. I appreciate your kind words! God bless!!