It's Impossible!! Oh, Wait...Maybe It's NOT?!?

Options

Replies

• garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to every single person that took the time (quite a long time, too! Ha!) to read my story and send me messages or comments. I'm so sorry if I didn't get back to each of you individually, but please know that all your love and support means the absolute WORLD to me!!! It's kind of difficult to keep checking this every few hours, but I'll be checking every now and then, so I apologize in advance if I don't or haven't thanked you personally!! Love and hugs and God's Blessings to all of you!!!
  • rainybblady
    rainybblady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mary Beth this was EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being brave enough to post your very personal journey. And to think that I was feeling sorry for myself for a .2 weight gain! I am inspired to keep on this journey and to not give up no matter what. Blessings to you and your wonderful hubby!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring! Keep up the awesome work! I don't have the same level of pain you do, but I do suffer from chronic pain due to having spina bifida occulta. Many people that have it are asymptomatic but I get chronic low back pain which is often made worse when I lift and I am not able to "run". Just hearing what you go through on a daily basis gives me the motivation to keep going!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I read your whole post. You really had nothing to fear in writing it. And you are a really good writer, by the way.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hope you know how truly amazing you really are! Your story is moving, inspiring, tremendous! Thank you for sharing. You make me feel humbled and, yes, I'll admit, shamed. I hope to be able to not to use my chronic pain and illnesses (no where nearly as bad as yours) as excuses any more.
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Please understand that I never meant for anyone to feel as though their own issues are any "worse" than mine. Believe me when I say that this was NOT an overnight process. I didn't just wake up one morning and start squatting 110lbs!! Lol! I've had this disease for over nine years, and I spent most of those years listening to everyone (including myself) saying, "You can't do certain things. You have limitations. You can't do this or that because it will hurt. You can't do this or that because you've got this disease." Etc, etc, etc. My limitations were self-imposed. Yes, I am still in pain 24/7...but I've done things despite that pain. My mobility is not 100%...but I work through those issues. So many people have pain, chronic issues that truly do limit them in what they can do. However, I truly believe that it was when I started proving to MYSELF that yes, I CAN do things...that I was able to overcome a huge mental block. That may not be the case for everyone, which is why I EMPHATICALLY suggest that anyone with medical issues or disabilities consult their doctor before engaging in ANY kind of activity or exercise!! Please understand that I was sharing MY story. My story is not your story...so please...make sure that it is ok for you to do any kind of exercise if you have any medical complications at all. My intention was never to make anyone feel bad or ashamed for not doing exercise or what have you. It took me YEARS to even BELIEVE that I could do certain things, let alone actually DO them. Basically, I'm trying to say...if you have your own medical issues...please don't beat yourself up if you don't workout every day. Be kind to yourself. Listen to your body! In some cases, rest and healing is more important than anything else!!
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Outstanding post. Drive on!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post this. I feel like such a wimp to a degree. If you can do all you've done and stick with it (plus admit when you thought you'd quit), then I really have no excuse.

Keep up the good work and post some updates please. You are truly inspiring!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    totally amazing, thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • wisteri
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 25 and then had two surgeries for it, then when I was 30 I had foot surgery, and at 32 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I'm actually 30 lbs heavier now than when I joined MFP between the medications and all the "recovering" I've had to do. I've gone up three pant sizes in six months and I'm currently fighting an infection related to damage from the radiation. In short, I feel like I've got the crap kicked out of me by life for the last decade or so.

Between my second and third surgeries I managed to get down to my goal weight but now I'm as big as I've ever been and starting on yet another weight loss journey. It is very encouraging to hear someone else with severe health problems making the best of the worst.
  • blackbeauty2011
    blackbeauty2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you decided to share this story-I needed to hear it more than you could know. Keep up the good work and keep telling your testimony :+)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing.
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    First, let me say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has sent me private messages and commented on here. I know I keep saying it, but I am in absolute AWE of you all!! I cannot even begin to express my appreciation for the huge outpouring of love and support that you guys have given me!! Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough!!
    Thank you for sharing! I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 25 and then had two surgeries for it, then when I was 30 I had foot surgery, and at 32 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I'm actually 30 lbs heavier now than when I joined MFP between the medications and all the "recovering" I've had to do. I've gone up three pant sizes in six months and I'm currently fighting an infection related to damage from the radiation. In short, I feel like I've got the crap kicked out of me by life for the last decade or so.

Between my second and third surgeries I managed to get down to my goal weight but now I'm as big as I've ever been and starting on yet another weight loss journey. It is very encouraging to hear someone else with severe health problems making the best of the worst.

I am so so sorry to hear about your "curveballs"...seems like it's one after the other, doesn't it? I know with endometriosis it's hard enough...with thyroid issues it's hard enough...with any kind of injury/surgery/recovery, etc....it is HARD ENOUGH to lose this crazy weight. I applaud you for losing weight before (I did the same exact thing...lost some weight about 6 years ago, and gained most of it back), so I KNOW you can do it again!!! I won't lie and say it's easy. It isn't. But you can do it. I always tell myself..."Ok...six months from now is going to come whether I live a healthy lifestyle or not. It is my CHOICE if I want to be healthier six months from now...or if I want to be kicking myself WISHING I had gotten healthy now!" Once I put that perspective on it, and I think of six months from now, and I imagine how I will look and feel even BETTER?!? Yep...it's a pretty easy choice. Then, I take that choice...and I make it everyday...over and over again. Do I have bad days? Probably more than most people...but every single day is a new chance for me to make that choice all over again. So I do. :smile:

I believe in you! I KNOW you can do this! If you'd like to be friends on here, I would welcome the encouragement and would love to get to know you better!! :flowerforyou:
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, just TOTALLY amazing. Just soooo much to go thru...when you could have given up...you KEPT GOING!! I am so proud of you!!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Wow, just TOTALLY amazing. Just soooo much to go thru...when you could have given up...you KEPT GOING!! I am so proud of you!!

Hearing...well, READING...the words "I am so proud of you!" seriously...and I do mean...SERIOUSLY...means the absolute world to me. It really does make this all worth it. Thank you...from the bottom of my heart! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    as i wipe the tears from eyes, i want to say u have truly inspired me. i also loss my mom. what a great loss to experience along with physical problems. i empathize with u. u have given me hope to not give up. god is so awesome. he used ur story to inspire me. god bless u my sister in Christ.
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    as i wipe the tears from eyes, i want to say u have truly inspired me. i also loss my mom. what a great loss to experience along with physical problems. i empathize with u. u have given me hope to not give up. god is so awesome. he used ur story to inspire me. god bless u my sister in Christ.

I am so sorry that you also lost your mom!! It is such a tough thing to go through...no matter what age...especially if you were close. She is the one who taught me to never give up!! She is the one who showed me that even in facing death...you can have hope. She is the one who taught me that I can CHOOSE every single day whether I want to dwell on my hardships...or put my big girl panties on and keep on going. So, I try to choose every day to hunt down those big girl panties...no matter how difficult it may be! ;-) God has shown me over and over again that everything happens for a reason...and it's ALWAYS for His Good!! Please feel free to friend me, or message me if you ever need encouragement or just someone to listen! I know how hard it can be when you feel stuck in a rut!! God Bless You, friend!!!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Thank you to EVERYONE who has read my story and posted comments or sent private messages. As you can imagine...I've been a bit bombarded with private messages, so I just wanted to post here that I will do my BEST to try and get back to each one of you individually...but it may take me a little while.

Thanks, again, for all the love, encouragement and support you've shown me. It's truly appreciated, and it means the world to me that so many people took the time to read my story and send love my way!!

THANK YOU!!! :heart: :heart:
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, thank you for sharing this.