Are you planning on logging food on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    No. Just REALLY watch my portions sizes and enjoy the meal. And eat very slow.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. (When your in the hospitality business, holidays never happen on the actual day.) I logged all my food in the morning and my dinner was only 1078. Dinner included turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie with whip cream. Along with the rest of the day and exercise I will still under my goal for the day.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've never NOT logged a day since I started.

I pre log my food and will plan the rest of my day around the Thanksgiving meal like I did last year. I know where I'm going/what I'm eating and will adjust things as needed after the meal. Also planning to exercise as usual. Hoping to be as lucky as last year and lost weight Thanksgiving week.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not being in the USA or Canada,.......sorry but I have to ask - I know it's one of your holidays but why on earth would it be an excuse to spend a day stuffing food and booze in your mouth as if they were going out of fashion? And - do you do the same at Christmas?

Feasting is a common form of celebration in many cultures.

Would be better to ask about Mardis Gras :p

I'm a Pagan - I know about Feast Days as a form of celebration. We have loads of them throughout the year with food and drink at all of them. (I record on all of them and stay within my limits ....and I'm no goody 2 shoes!!) Reading this thread, it's the eating to excess part I wondered about .... it was a question, that's all. Enjoy!!
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll do three miles and maybe an insanity workout if there is time in the morning. But my dad makes his stuffing once a year a, and the kielbasa and shrimp and my grandma's pies and of course the traditional stuff and the booze. I don't care if I gain a pound it is once a year and my family is cool enough where I don't want to sit on my phone or laptop truing to figure out calories and stuff. ENJOY THE DAY PEOPLE! Be thankful you have food to eat and people to share it with.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am nervous to gain through the holidays but I will not let that stop me from indulging on thanksgiving day. I'm going to try to be as "good" as possible on the days other than Thursday :-P I AM logging though! Every bite no matter what. got to stay honest with myself!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking everything from the pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, turkey. ... all the foods!!! I will be using my scale because it's at my house and it's my rules :drinker: That reminds me. Maybe some wine, too.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on logging food on Thanksgiving?

No.

I've got FOUR thanksgiving dinners this year. One on the SUnday before, TWO on the day of, and one on Friday. I will log the rest of the day but not those particular meals. Thursday I probably won't log at all since I'll be cooking for one of those meals and that just means tons of tasting. There's just no way to track how many times I taste the potatoes to check the salt... or taste the beans to see if they need more pepper... or taste the pie filling to see if it needs more spices..... etc.
  • geral4479WECHANGED
    Options
    I plan to log on Thanksgiving. I just hope I don't go way way over the calorie limit.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Not logging but will be watching portion sizes. Having a big dinner with lots of friends and I don't think they'd appreciate me asking how many calories are in everything they make. :happy:
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I dont care if it 3000 cal I am EATING!!!!!:love::laugh:
  • thenewmoni
    thenewmoni Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    probably not! I will just eat lightly the day before and day after make sure i hit the gym
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Not planning to log, just like I don't always log my weekends. I won't overeat by much, if anything. I eat reasonable portions and will be running a 10K that morning, so will have burned some extra calories.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yup, planning to log. But I'm hosting and doing most of the food prep & cooking, so shouldn't be too bad. Planning on getting a workout in that day and just hoping I can stop when it comes to pie time! I always save a piece if pumpkin pie for breakfast the day after... Not sure if that's a good idea anymore!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I couldn't even if I wanted to...no internet whatsoever at my grandmother's house...not even a phone signal. No way would I be able to remember it if I wanted to!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lolcountingcaloriesonthanksgiving
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Holidays, parties, and buffets I use the same method - take pictures of my plate and log it later. Not the most accurate method, but it helps me to remember everything. And now because of Instagram, etc people don't think it's totally crazy if I take a picture of my food.

ETA- I don't go overboard, I still try to stay in my calories, but that doesn't always work since I don't log it til later.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    no
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No. Because for me, it would make obsess about food/numbers and not enjoy family and friends as much.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging everything that day but I am switching out my Thanksgiving day for my Sunday. Typically, on Sundays, I eat whatever I want, but still log. I'm going to stick to my healthy eating the Sunday before and enjoy my Thanksgiving.