are you counting calories on thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

well we see why..but come on-its once a year!:sad:

1 day can totally destroy weeks of progress, plus there is a ripple affect, you cheat once on thanksgiving and I bet you will again soon after... Its not like most of us ended up "not in shape" by being extremely disciplined to begin with.. I bet this holiday brings alot of people that are headed in the right direction right back to their old lifestyle... IMO it just comes down to how bad do you want it??? I will log everything and hit my numbers...

Nope. Still logging everything and exceeding my numbers that day. Still won't significantly derail anything. A few thouscand calories over in a day is *at most* one pound. There is no reason why one day has to affect more than one day...that's where discipline comes into play. Why assume that just because *you* might lack the discipline to let that one day affect more than one day that everyone else does too?

Says the guy with 2lbs lost on his ticker but 10k posts telling everyone how it's done...

IMO one day can throw off more than that day and I am not talking just in lbs... There's the mental affect... There is the feeling like absolute **** the next day and then not hitting the gym... One day can destroy someone's routine...

It all comes down to what you want out of dieting... Some people diet cause they want to talk about it others and to fit in... Others do it because they want to improve their body... Sorry if I don't give the standard sugar coated MFP responses you guys are used too ..

where is your ticker?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

1 day can totally destroy weeks of progress, plus there is a ripple affect, you cheat once on thanksgiving and I bet you will again soon after... Its not like most of us ended up "not in shape" by being extremely disciplined to begin with.. I bet this holiday brings alot of people that are headed in the right direction right back to their old lifestyle... IMO it just comes down to how bad do you want it??? I will log everything and hit my numbers...

Nope. Still logging everything and exceeding my numbers that day. Still won't significantly derail anything. A few thouscand calories over in a day is *at most* one pound. There is no reason why one day has to affect more than one day...that's where discipline comes into play. Why assume that just because *you* might lack the discipline to let that one day affect more than one day that everyone else does too?

Says the guy with 2lbs lost on his ticker but 10k posts telling everyone how it's done...

IMO one day can throw off more than that day and I am not talking just in lbs... There's the mental affect... There is the feeling like absolute **** the next day and then not hitting the gym... One day can destroy someone's routine...

It all comes down to what you want out of dieting... Some people diet cause they want to talk about it others and to fit in... Others do it because they want to improve their body... Sorry if I don't give the standard sugar coated MFP responses you guys are used too ..

I suggest you look long and hard at his ticker to see why your attack was ignorant.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

Weight gain tickers are hard guise, cause the big number is on the goal end and makes stuff confusing.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna treat Thanksgiving like any other day. So the answer is no.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    eff NO!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    probly. it's become a habit now.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Will not log....
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

lolderp
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm so nervous about letting thanksgiving go overboard. Thing is, I'm sure all the food there will be packed in fats and all kinds of crap, and I'm not going to just not eat any of it... i mean I could be locked in a cage but otherwise I'm going to eat it. I will try to log what i can but im not going to measure and go crazy. I will just do what I can. I will just try to use self control and take small portions and stop eating when I'm full. And worst case scenario I will go right back to eating under my goal the next day.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    no, no ,no
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    nope, gonna hit the gym early and (John Legend voice) "don't you worry bout thing"
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    prolly not.
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I will probably just log what i eat but probably not under my calories. oh well!
  • ACDC101913
    Options
    Ditto! I'm not counting on Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'll just have to workout extra hard and watch what I eat on the rest of the days during the week.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm doing a 5K Turkey Trot in the AM and then peacing out for the day. :) I'll make sure to get good workouts in on Friday and Saturday.

Thanksgiving is a day for me to relax and enjoy my family. Sure- maybe I'll make an effort not to reach for a second (or third) crescent roll, but all in all I'm going to eat and enjoy myself!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

no.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log, just for kicks.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YES!!!
    You have to count the "high" days as well as the low calories
    That is the point of logging
    You are going to eat over at times, be aware of it.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I plan on counting everything that goes into my body and I plan to exercise too!
  • ems1015
    Options
    Nope BUT I plan to wake up in the wee hours of the morning on Thanksgiving and go for a long distance run. Got to off set it somehow :wink: