"B" belly success?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I feel like it is/was much easier to find flattering plus size clothing when you have a B belly. That has just been my experience. For example I was able to wear a size 22 even at 307 lb and I think it was because of my waist going in so much between the "upper" and "lower" belly sections. Gosh that sounds so unattractive lol. But for me it seems to have made it easier.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I am just getting depressed!! So there's no hope for us? We are doooooomed? I am holding out for more success stories!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have it, and while the top 'hump' of the 'b' has flattened out some, the bottom bump is still a problem.
  • NicoleFray
    NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I am just getting depressed!! So there's no hope for us? We are doooooomed? I am holding out for more success stories!!!

I think were doomed! :( lol

Thank you for all the reply's everyone! I still hope someone has a good success with it!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't have a before shot of the belly, and this isn't a great after shot. Whatever. I had a very pronounced B. Now it's it's only a slight D shape, and still improving.

don't give up hope ladies - keep working on it. (I eat at a slight deficit, strength train, and run)

IMG_2500v2_1.jpg
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll help out those who don't know what a B belly is. Here are 2 pictures. The first is a B belly, and the second is a D belly.

Nov10-2013-side.jpg

f3049da0-e4eb-4140-9fb9-4a0417329006.jpeg

I definitely have a "b" belly, but it's getting a little better since I've started to lose.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I feel like I would be ok with the top part going mostly away and the bottom part getting smaller, but still being there. I am never going to have a flat stomach again, I realize that!! So only having the bottom part (just less of it) would be ok by me.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I still have it a little, but it's not that noticeable now. I went from 165 to 120. No belly pics though, maybe if I was younger.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly! My progress pictures so far are in my profile pictures. I'm nowhere near my ultimate goal yet so it still has some work to be done. The top part of the B is getting smaller, in both vertical and horizontal directions (like someone was squeezing it in from the sides) and I think the bottom looks larger in comparison now. I have had the same experience that other posters mentioned. Clothes are easier to fit but the B belly is slightly less flattering when you begin losing weight in comparison to the shrinking of the D belly.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ...I think I have a lower case "b" belly lol I'm pretty tiny from under my boobs to about an inch or so above my belly button and then my lower belly gets nice and big :grumble:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll help out those who don't know what a B belly is. Here are 2 pictures. The first is a B belly, and the second is a D belly.

Nov10-2013-side.jpg

f3049da0-e4eb-4140-9fb9-4a0417329006.jpeg

ok. i get it now.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    GONE!

25d7b3d7-a411-4fdc-ad19-dd7dbd11fadd_zps42e7b107.jpg

You can see it a lot better in my bra/undies pics, but I'm not posting those here ;) OP, I would consider sharing them with you via PM though, so drop me a line if interested.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly too. i saw a picture of another girl with a B belly, after she lost weight you couldn't tell except for the frowny face belly button. Since then that is what I have been aiming for.
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a name for this! Mine is very much still there, but 40+ pounds later, my natural waist (which is a few inches above your belly button) is finally smaller than around my belly button, so I feel like I am making progress!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have a "B' belly and at my lowest of 120 lbs at 5'3" I still had it. :-( I lifted weights, watched what I ate closely. I was fit everywhere else but my belly. It annoys me very much because the belly rolls/skin flaps get sweaty, nasty and just darn uncomfortable. I would like to get the extra skin removed but I it's not realistic for me at this time.
  • indybost
    Options
    still don't get what a B belly is.

Not sure I do either.

you're both skinny that's why lol
    lmfao that is exactly why! I have one but I to would rather a b then a d
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I never had a B belly until I was pregnant. It started about 15 weeks but then by early 20 weeks it started to get round. Then after baby was born I have the B. I didn't even gain much in pregnancy but I'm having a hard time loosing my belly. This gives me.some hope. I just keep.losing my butt right now.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Isn't a B belly formed from wearing your jeans to high?
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Isn't a B belly formed from wearing your jeans to high?

No, it isn't. I have several family members who wear their jeans low on their hips but still have B bellies. Also, I've always had one and I didn't even own a pair of jeans until 10th grade. I've always been a dress girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!