Ladies: What makes the perfect boyfriend?

Options

Replies

• JillianMarieSoto
    JillianMarieSoto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd say my partner is pretty perfect. He is intelligent, rational and considerate of my feelings. He makes time for me while maintaining a busy work and school schedule. He inspires me to live a more active and healthy life. We have fun and strange conversations often. I admire his loyalty, honesty, and ability to communicate when things get tough.

Also, he is frickin' gorgeous. My heart flipped when I first met him because he looked how I would imagine the perfect man to be; tall, light-eyed, golden-haired and bearded.

<3
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    A penis.
    A job.
    Social skills.
    Confidence.
    A sense of humor.

+sammich making.

No, let me make one for you first...
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My perfect man would be fun, uplifting, treat me like a queen, be family oriented, faithful, strong
    y'all know..all that junk!

Wrong!... that guy will make it to your friend zone ...
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not an abuser of any type, mentally and emotionally stable, wants kids. If he is a football fan that is even better. Has a job. Someone who is willing to actually date and court for a while (I don't mean pay for everything, I'm good with Dutch) and actually get to know me. Confidence. Can handle my sarcasm and dish it as well as take it.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect... and no relationship is effortless. A great boyfriend is different depending on the "expectations" of the girlfriend. I am sorry, but there is no way to answer your question specifically.

What I love about my boyfriend, who is SO not perfect but simply wonderful, is that he knows ME.... he knows when I need space and when I need to be held. This little thing is such a relationship savior for us... and it goes both ways. We don't posses or demand or feel entitled to the other's time, affection... anything..... and we make it a point to show sincere appreciation.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    A lot of the replies on this thread:

9238cc3b28d20e3906e2f2375ffceaba.png
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    oh another good thing, he is welling to take care of my kids!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    oh another good thing, he is welling to take care of my kids!

I shall raise them as my own vt :(
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    A penis.
    A job.
    Social skills.
    Confidence.
    A sense of humor.

+sammich making.

How 'bout we share?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well he'd have to be good at keeping secrets as my fiance surely would not approve
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Well he'd have to be good at keeping secrets as my fiance surely would not approve

I'm not the jealous type.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    A penis.
    A job.
    Social skills.
    Confidence.
    A sense of humor.

+sammich making.

How 'bout we share?

But I don't WANNA share you!!!!! :sad:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The_23fd69_382364.jpg
    :flowerforyou:

Know that she will have a choke collar and handcuffs on also.

mmmmmmmm
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    A penis.
    A job.
    Social skills.
    Confidence.
    A sense of humor.

+sammich making.

How 'bout we share?

But I don't WANNA share you!!!!! :sad:

Let's make it a party!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Good looking, tall, attentive, kind, funny and discreet enough not to let my husband find out! :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Gonna go with AZ_Gato on this one. :laugh: :laugh:
  • DeonnPaul
    DeonnPaul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have only had one good relationship. I now live with the man of my dreams, and he's my best friend. All the other people I dated were lousy, but it was my own fault for dating them. They were just being themselves, and I thought I deserved to be treated poorly. I think the key to a good relationship is to know yourself and know how you wish to be treated, and then stick to that. My boyfriend sees me. He knows me, and he can handle my imperfections and love me anyway. He's ok with the woman I am right now, and isn't trying to change things about me. Other boyfriends would bail on me if I wasn't constantly in a great mood and keeping all my problems to myself. They would suddenly decide I should drastically change inherent things about my personality (such as my love of whistling, the outdoors, and card playing). Those guys liked an idea in their heads about what a girlfriend should be and wanted me to mold myself to that illusion accordingly. They were attracted to my looks, my awesome cooking, and my relaxed personality, but wouldn't support me when things were hard or became difficult. They wanted the cute, cheerful nympho, but I had to take care of pretty much all of my needs without any support emotionally from them. Bah! If a person can't handle me at my worst they sure as *kitten* don't deserve me at my best.
    My boyfriend and I are planning a life together (we've lived together for two years now) because we click. We laugh at the same dumb stuff, he likes my cooking, and I am madly in love with his lasagna. Win! He supports me and I support him. (It also helps that I think he is the best smelling person in the world, and we have great sex)
  • catbeers
    Options
    All kidding aside.....

The most important quality is the second syllable of the term...he needs to be a *friend* first!

Think of your real friends. The ones you can discuss anything with...anytime.
    Who are comfortable discussing their problems, too.
    Celebrating the victories...large and small.
    Commisserating on the bad stuff without trying to "fix" everything (hard for most guys, so if he can learn this, KEEP HIM!)
    Stands with you through hard times and you feel the same for them.

DON'T expect 50/50 all the time-- sometimes it's 70/30 or 10/90 or even 35/45 because you are both distracted by other things to a certain degree...and that's ok because you come back to the relationship a bit renewed and ready to discover even more about each other through your seperate experiences.

You can probably tell that I've got mine...we've been married for almost 22 years now. Life has thrown some really crappy stuff at us over the years -- things that most relationships don't survive -- and we love each other all the more for having weathered them together. Life is NEVER perfect, there's only better and worse...hmmmm, d'ya think that's why those words are part of the vows??

Added: @ DeonnPaul -- sounds like you found "The One" for you!
    @ OP -- Not every gal wants the same things (thank God...we'd all be after the same man) so before asking others what makes a "perfect" boyfriend/life partner, ask yourself what YOU want. Do you need emotional support? Physical strength? A co-party-er? Someone to gritch at that won't take it personally? We all want things that aren't totally PC, but be honest with yourself and look for your counterpart from there.
  • acoleman7911
    Options
    My perfect man would be fun, uplifting, treat me like a queen, be family oriented, faithful, strong
    y'all know..all that junk!

Wrong!... that guy will make it to your friend zone ...

Nope! I actually just described my husband!! ;) 7 years married!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Able to put up with me. Enough of a sense of humor that I won't make him cry.