random post..do men prefer long or short..

Options

Replies

• tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I still got good lovin' bald (he was actually very proud of me and so supportive), so guess it doesn't matter to him

24892_351462991541_945818_n_zps5b4930e8.jpg

YAY! Gotta love people who love for what's inside :happy:
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Long hair is a visual symptom of good health. In prehistoric times, long hair would attract a male eager to continue his genetic pool. That's why we now find it attractive.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't seem to care. I have a short pixie. I find that when I grow my hair longer that it draws my face out and I look tired constantly. Even men would ask why I was tired. I think pixie (little faux hawk) has got to look better than exhausted.
  • BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've had long and short. I prefer the long. IMO its more feminine. It just flows, and is soft, and when it blows in the wind it looks real pretty :) Plus in the winter I use it as a scarf ;)

p.s. I don't see anything wrong with asking men their opinions on things like this. In the end you will do what you want anyhow but just like going shopping with a girlfriend you ask their opinion, whats so different on this?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Most women look better with their hair longer IMO, but it doesn't really matter.
  • desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My husband says he doesn't really like long hair, but I sometimes wonder if he just doesn't like my long hair. It's fairly coarse and somewhat wavy, and since I don't like taking a flat iron and gallons of anti-frizz serum to it to make it look decent, it's usually up or braided.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think the majority like long hair, but some do actually prefer short. I hear so many compliments on my short hair from guys.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article today about men that prefer women with long hair as opposed to short hair.... is this just a stereotypical assumption or could it be true..come on guys lets hear your thoughts.....

long or short??

When it comes to looks, I tend to be a fan of shoulder- to mid-back length hair. But I can't recall hair length ever being a deciding factor in whether or not I found a woman attractive. I have, on multiple occasions, still been floored by shorter and longer hairstyles, usually as a result of how the woman carries herself, regardless of her hairstyle.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This is an obvious. All men like long hair. I think most women would prefer to have long hair. If I could have longer hair I would. Mine is super damaged due to the high chlorine in my water which fried my hair. Working on trying to get it back to being longer. My boyfriend doesn't hate my hair short, but would prefer it long over shorter.

What...no...I can grow my short hair to shoulder-length in about 4 months, people are always amazed. I like long hair on many women but not myself. I feel like Michelle Duggar, especially if I happen to wear a dress, skirt, or lots of jewelry with longer hair. I love wearing dresses/skirts with really short hair though.

I think to each their own, but I honestly don't think "most" women would prefer to have long hair. I know way too many women who dislike long hair. I personally have such thick hair that when it's long I had to get it trimmed constantly and always wound up putting it in a clip or ponytail, so it rarely looked "nice". hehe
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Dang looks like I'm in the minority :(
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    All the men I know prefer it long :laugh:
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've had mine long most of my life. I had it above the shoulder for only 1 year and I hated it that short. I like it long!! :) And I know my man does too
  • CTONDO
    CTONDO Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is an obvious. All men like long hair. I think most women would prefer to have long hair. If I could have longer hair I would. Mine is super damaged due to the high chlorine in my water which fried my hair. Working on trying to get it back to being longer. My boyfriend doesn't hate my hair short, but would prefer it long over shorter.

What...no...I can grow my short hair to shoulder-length in about 4 months, people are always amazed. I like long hair on many women but not myself. I feel like Michelle Duggar, especially if I happen to wear a dress, skirt, or lots of jewelry with longer hair. I love wearing dresses/skirts with really short hair though.

I think to each their own, but I honestly don't think "most" women would prefer to have long hair. I know way too many women who dislike long hair. I personally have such thick hair that when it's long I had to get it trimmed constantly and always wound up putting it in a clip or ponytail, so it rarely looked "nice". hehe

Most of the girls I know would all prefer longer over shorter. I guess I should said it that way instead of saying most women. Sorry about that. :wink:
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Long, but only if doesn't prevent me from putting the top down in the convertible
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've got short hair, and I love it. I feel so much cuter and more fabulous and vibrant and sexy. Short hair is so liberating to me. I used to have really long hair and I thought it made me look dowdy and homely and boring. My boyfriend at the time refused to let me cut it. I dumped him and got a pixie lol

Side topic but, I get a TON of compliments from other women. They seem to really like it ;) Even straight girls are like "I wish I could pull off short hair like you, it would be so much less work!" I encourage everyone who is on the fence to try a short hair cut at least once. Something about a pixie just fills you with confidence. And that is very attractive!

My boyfriend now doesn't mind my short hair, as long as it is long enough for him to grab a hold of :P When we first got together, my hair was shorter than his!
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just need enough to pull when the time is right

lol now that is definately a male answer...
    Can't blame the guys, some of us gals are into that LOL
    YES! Ditto lol
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Long hair is a visual symptom of good health. In prehistoric times, long hair would attract a male eager to continue his genetic pool. That's why we now find it attractive.

And it is a great handle to drag her back to the cave with.....

Now I'm wondering at what age is long hair no longer attractive... 50 60 70 or are there no age limits to this preference?
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend now doesn't mind my short hair, as long as it is long enough for him to grab a hold of :P When we first got together, my hair was shorter than his!

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but he is only with you for the hula hoop action. :tongue:
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    I don't care, I'm not a hairdresser.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    All the men I know prefer it long :laugh:

Woman prefer it longer to, but it has to have some thickness ...