random post..do men prefer long or short..

Options

Replies

• Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just because it is not a pixie cut does not mean you have long hair. If your hair is not to at least the lower part of your back your hair is not long. I understand that not everyone can grow long hair if they could more women would have long hair. My hair is to the bottom of butt and perfectly even across a blunt cut. I sit on it and I consider myself having long, thick hair. If you have hair that resembles a two inch tail going down the middle of your back, cut it, its not long it just damaged. If your sink is full of two inch pieces of hair its time to cut it. The majority of your hair must be the same length other than hair around your face giving a sculpting look to your face. I am glad I can grow my hair long because short hair does not suit my face. My face gets very round when my hair is short.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Just because it is not a pixie cut does not mean you have long hair. If your hair is not to at least the lower part of your back your hair is not long. I understand that not everyone can grow long hair if they could more women would have long hair. My hair is to the bottom of butt and perfectly even across a blunt cut. I sit on it and I consider myself having long, thick hair. If you have hair that resembles a two inch tail going down the middle of your back, cut it, its not long it just damaged. If your sink is full of two inch pieces of hair its time to cut it. The majority of your hair must be the same length other than hair around your face giving a sculpting look to your face. I am glad I can grow my hair long because short hair does not suit my face. My face gets very round when my hair is short.
    ok
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic!

As a teenager, I had waist-length hair and had it mid back length on and off a few times. But for the majority of my adult life, I kept it in a chin-to-shoulder length bob, mostly because people kept telling me that people with fine hair on the thinner side (I wouldn't say my hair is super thin, but it is baby fine and it's not very voluminous and it's always been like that) can't have long hair, especially as an adult over 30.

I did have a pixie cut once, and I think it was okay on me. I have petite features and eyes on the bigger side. I loved the initial liberation and how easy it was to care for. However, if I did not keep it cut every four weeks, it would grow out into something that just looked frumpy-dumpy, and given that that's when I started to gain a little weight, I did not need frumpy-dumpy. Also I felt like I wanted long hair again (missed the feeling of my hair on my back) and did not feel as feminine with the very short hair. SO...2 years ago I started growing it out. It was a painful growing process, so I will NEVER do a pixie again unless I mean to keep it at that length forever. But anyway, I had to get it trimmed frequently to even out the layers as they grew out (there were many bad hair days!) and to get past the mullet stages. So now my hair is mostly one length and is just past my shoulders. I am embracing the fact that it's baby fine and not the thickest, most luxurious hair out there by thinking of how awesome and soft and ethereal-looking it is. I hope by next summer it looks actually long! Also, I'm over 40 and I don't care about any conventional wisdom about growing out hair. People should wear their hair in the way that feels good to them!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Like i sersly wonder if there are some women out there actually going out of there way to butcher their hair cuts and grow their leg hairs and make a combination coffee/garlic/bluecheese breath to repel men JUST to be too cool to be attractive. there is such a thing as universal and objective beauty at some point no? or is it really just all relative and socially contrived? i thought not? havent read the lates tho. meh, ppl will get upset about anything nowadays.

i found a 2 inch eyebrow sticking out of my face couple weeks ago, scared the bajeezus out of me, I guess i should have left it there to be more "hip" or prove my confidence or whatever.

Seriously, you are truly funny. I had a friend just like you long ago. I miss her. :cry:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    There's nothing more shocking than the wife coming home with a surprise short haircut....

Please give advanced notice. K? Thanks

-Long

Lol made that mistake....
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I prefer my hair in teal and magenta dreadlocks. If I cared about what men like I would never leave home.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    There's nothing more shocking than the wife coming home with a surprise short haircut....

Please give advanced notice. K? Thanks

-Long

Lol made that mistake....

Cutting your hair without telling your husband first is a mistake?
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Lol well I did the whole, I'm pregnant and bored and want a change and... fail lol. Just shocked him.. he hated it but would never say it lol.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

So many hair rules. Is there a manual?
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Just because it is not a pixie cut does not mean you have long hair. If your hair is not to at least the lower part of your back your hair is not long.

This is utter BS. It's your opinion, which is fine, but presenting it as fact is completely ridiculous. I consider a woman to have long hair if it reaches her shoulders and can look good in a ponytail. I dated a girl in college who had hair to her butt and it was a major pain for us both. Took her FOREVER to get ready.

Oh, and for the record, I prefer long hair as there are VERY few women - in my opinion - who can pull off short hair and look good doing it. (And yes Vandy, you pull it off EXTREMELY well)
  • ashliejones13
    Options
    i have short hair and never had a problem getting guys when i was single. i'm also married now. i would say it doesnt matter if you take care of your body and have a pretty face.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

lolwut?
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I look younger and feel sexier and prettier with my pixie cut than I did with long hair, and everyone who knows me loves it short too. I get a lot more compliments now than I ever did when it was long. My hair is notoriously unruly and very difficult to style. It would never hold any style before going totally nuts when it was long. I always had to have it pulled back. Only thing I don't like is that I have to frequently color and cut it to keep it looking nice.

My husband loves it too.

Not all women look good with a pixie, but not all women look best with long hair either. It depends on the cut, type of hair, and most importantly, what SHE feels she looks best with.
  • NatashaVanac
    Options
    Lol glad mine is long
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    << (longest it's been in years) Growing mine out now, but I've had my hair short (not pixie short but close) in different styles for the last 7 years. Never had any guys complain. Most said they typically preferred long hair on girls and never considered dating girls with short hair but that I could "pull it off well." Granted...they met me with shorter hair, so there wasn't the whole "surprise I cut my hair off" shock factor. I think it just depends on the person, their facial structure, and their hair though. Some people don't look good with long hair, and some people don't look good with short hair. Kinda hard to generalize.

I actually really like the look of mine short, but it's really curly naturally...and so much easier to wear long because I don't have to straighten it. When it's rainy or humid, I can just let it do it's thing.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    Long, brunette is my personal weakness!

I like any coloured hair (particularly reddish) but brunettes get me every time!!

At the end of the day its all down to attraction & what attracts me may not attract you.

On the haircut thing my beautiful wife cut her hair off once upon a time but I didn't have the balls to say I didn't like it until 15 years later! I wear the trousers in my house & I have the wife's permission to say so!!!
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Long enough so that it covers the nipples as that is so sexy as far as im concerned. and if its brown and wavy then even better :-)
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see threads like these, this is my reaction

tumblr_ls400eJKpe1r317bvo1_250.gif

And yes, I did come in here just to post this. I have a special place in my heart for gifs. And Golden Girls